General discussion for the DRIVER series.
Hello!

I really doesn`t like the ending of Driv3r and the releasing of it`s sequel now - Driver: SF. Why? I`ll try to explain it better in this topic.

At first in the end credits in Driver 2 you can see the title "Tanner and Jones return 2002". Well, this happen five years later, not two. And what?

In the first Driver the game era was in the 70`s - 80`s. It was the same for Driver 2, maybe year-two later after the Driver events. But in Driv3r in not that right. You can see that the game is "teleported" near 20 years after the last Driver events and judging to the cars, it should be somewhere in the 90`s - 00`s.

Now Driver: SF is going to be released as game in the modern era - 00`s. I think it`s serious mistake as it adding another Tanner in it (judging to the trailer, he is way younger, he`s name is changed, so it`s no way to be Tanner. Maybe it`s his son).

We really need to research about the mistery of what really happened during these years and I hope you guys will help me find that.

Thanks in advance!

P.S
I`m sorry if my english is misspelled and yeah, please no more swearing here.
By Miller
TheOldGamer wrote:...please no more swearing here.
Sedans wrote:Maybe the developers were just like f**k it lets just re-do Driver 1 and screw the other Drivers.
TheOldGamer wrote:At first in the end credits in Driver 2 you can see the title "Tanner and Jones return 2002". Well, this happen five years later, not two. And what?
That's when the Driv3r would be released/announced.
In the first Driver the game era was in the 70`s - 80`s. It was the same for Driver 2, maybe year-two later after the Driver events. But in Driv3r in not that right. You can see that the game is "teleported" near 20 years after the last Driver events and judging to the cars, it should be somewhere in the 90`s - 00`s.
I still thinking that Driver 1 and 2 took place in late 80's, early 90's. And Driv3r took place in 2003.
Now Driver: SF is going to be released as game in the modern era - 00`s. I think it`s serious mistake as it adding another Tanner in it (judging to the trailer, he is way younger, he`s name is changed, so it`s no way to be Tanner. Maybe it`s his son)
No... just no. DSF takes place a few months after Driv3r. Meaning that it still taking place in 2003-04. And that it's the same Tanner and his name is not "changed". His full name was never disclosed until now.
We really need to research about the mistery of what really happened during these years and I hope you guys will help me find that.
Wait for the Wii version of DSF. It's prequel to the first Driver, so it may confirm in which year it takes place. And also wait for Driver: Renegade for the 3DS. It takes place after Driver 1 and before Driver 2.
Yeah, I've seen some real anachronisms in Driver games, especially Driv3r, and to a lesser extent, Driver 2. However, I still think that the timeline goes as follows, based on what cars appear in the games & any exact dates given:

1976: Events of Driver '76 (duh)
1978: First half of Driver: Parallel Lines
1978-79 (est.): Driver
1980-82 (est.): Driver 2
1990-91 (est.): Driv3r
Mid 00's: Driver SF
2006: Second half of Driver: Parallel Lines

Also, the non-canon mobile phone games, if they were canon:

1992-93 (est.): Driver: Vegas
Mid-late 90's: Driver: LA Undercover

I couldn't throw DrIVer: Russia in here because its storyline conflicts with that of Driver: Vegas. However, it could be an alternate storyline path similar to Terminator 3 & Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Now that I think about it, this sorta reminds me of how The Legend of Zelda has a mixed-up timeline, only there's not so many games here to screw with people's heads further.
Type in Google "Bruce Tanner Driv3r"
In one Driver forum about the Characters of Driver series you can see the name of Bruce Tanner, it's oddly that most threads about BRUCE TANNER are from italian sites(even in Italian version of Wikipedia), it's strange.
LINK TO THE FORUM
Somehow, I think the "Bruce Tanner" thing occurred when somebody copied & translated a version of the Wikipedia article on Driver from English Wikipedia & translated it into Italian. It's happened before where somebody copies an article from a different-language Wikipedia & a piece of info stays even if it gets reverted on the other-language version.
Agree, probably it was a mistake.
Wheelman75 wrote:Yeah, I've seen some real anachronisms in Driver games, especially Driv3r, and to a lesser extent, Driver 2. However, I still think that the timeline goes as follows, based on what cars appear in the games & any exact dates given:

1976: Events of Driver '76 (duh)
1978: First half of Driver: Parallel Lines
1978-79 (est.): Driver
1980-82 (est.): Driver 2
1990-91 (est.): Driv3r
Mid 00's: Driver SF
2006: Second half of Driver: Parallel Lines

Also, the non-canon mobile phone games, if they were canon:

1992-93 (est.): Driver: Vegas
Mid-late 90's: Driver: LA Undercover

I couldn't throw DrIVer: Russia in here because its storyline conflicts with that of Driver: Vegas. However, it could be an alternate storyline path similar to Terminator 3 & Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Now that I think about it, this sorta reminds me of how The Legend of Zelda has a mixed-up timeline, only there's not so many games here to screw with people's heads further.
Here's maybe another proof (thanks for Biscaynes, he found and uploaded the video). If you look closely on the top of the video in 0:03 you can see written 1974 and the narrator says something and after that America. I don't understand japanese but maybe that means the real timeline of the first Driver.

[youtube size=560X480]
[/youtube]

Hey, is that for really enabling Bodysnatchers che[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4