General discussion for the DRIVER series.
By cleone
I was introduced to Driver when I was 2 or 3 years old. My older brother bought it. When I was about to go to bed, my dad and brother told me to come into my brothers' room (my 2 older brothers shared rooms). They handed me the PS1 controller, which I was slightly familiar with from playing Test Drive 5. They set me up with the Miami quick chase, and I didn't do half bad. Then he let me play the game whenever I pleased, and I eventually inherited it from him when he got more into newer games.

Then a few years later, my dad and I came home after he needed to run some errands. I went to turn on the PS1, and there was some funky new game in there. I read the title and it said "Driver 2". I was excited. Since I couldn't read, I didn't read the instruction manual, and didn't learn how to get out of the car until a year later. Once I learned that, I flew threw the missions, and beat the game a few months later.

Then game Driv3r many years later. I was stoked when I heard about it. Once I heard about it being rated M, I was so pissed off. Since my mom knew how I LOVED Driver, she rented it for me. She decided I should wait a few years due to the guns and running people over. Then I waited 5 years to play it again. How did it happen? I had put Driv3r for GBA on my 2008 Christmas list since it was T. I didn't get it. I gave up my hopes and said to myself "I will NEVER get to play Driv3r." On New Year's eve, lot so of my relatives were over for one insane New Year's bash. I was walking upstairs, and at the same time, my uncle was walking down stairs. He had a gift in his hand, shaped as a PS2 game case. He handed to me and said "Happy belated Christmas." I opened it. It was a GameStop game cover. Then I read the side, it said "Driver 3". Those dorks, its "Driv3r", not "Driver 3". Well, I asked my mom, and she said "Oh, who cares. Its fine." WHY DIDN'T SHE SAY THAT MANY YEARS AGO?! Well, at least I got to play Driv3r, and that one day has influenced me to come to this site and create "Driv3r: Russia".

Post any stories you guys have here.
By emmetmcl
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
When I was about 7 or 8 I was at my cousins house and they were playing Driver 2. When I played it I thought it was great, we were only doing Rake a Ride and I thought it was brilliant. Then i got it for Christmas that year.
I don't really remember hearing about Driv3r but I remember waiting for it in the post one day as my mum had pre-ordered it for me. That morning I was playing Driver 2 when I was waiting for it. I remember starting the game and I couldn't believe how good the graphics were and it was also amazing that you could use guns. I remember whenever I would go to friend's houses they would always tell me take Driv3r with me and we play all night. I remember once playing it to about 3 in the morning with my neighbour.
Then when I was 11 I saw on Amazon that Driver Parallel Lines was coming out the following year. I was really excited. It was supposed to be released around the 20th which was a day after my birthday so the day after my birthday I went into town and got it.
A friend in school told me about Driver 76, he said it was called Driver 78 (idiot :D ), anyway that weekend I Googled it and found out when it was coming out.
I remember going into Gamestop one day to buy the Go!Cam for PSP but was tempted to by Driver but I knew they wouldn't sell it to me since I was only about 12 or 13.
Then last year, since I had played all of the other Driver games, I decided to buy the first Driver (it was £1.50 including P&P). I couldn;t get passed the first mission at all so it lay on the shelf until Easter this year when I looked for cheats for the game and finished it in 3 days.
I am now awaiting the next chapter of my life and Driver to start. :D
By Driver of DOOM
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Me and my buddy played through Driver 1 when I was only 7, taking turns on the PS1 and trying to make sense of the confusing storyline, then Driver 2 was an amazing upgrade, we could get out of our cars, wahoo! We never clocked either of the games, but we didn't care, 1 mission a night was a satisfying outcome.
I got Driv3r for my PS2 when it came out in 2005 and tried to play through the levels, however after a year, i had just left Nice and my disk got scratched to hell so the missions were completely bollocked up. From then on i messed about with take a ride and the replays, which was always better than doing homework (i'm sure it caused many of my detentions!).
Then in 2007, i passed D:PL in Asda (walmart incarnate in the UK) and just had to buy it. It was a great game, with great music and me and my friend played it almost onstop through out the holidays.
More recently, I saw the PC version of D3 for £5, got it for my Bday and played it almost constant (at about 5 fps because my pc was (and is) that poop!). Ahh Great Times... Cummon Driver 5 / 4 / TR or what ever the hell them folks at the bottom of my street decide it should be called, just know, i'm waiting...
Also, i want multiplayer back and split screen (as it should be)!
By TA1LGATER
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
When I was about 5 or 6 I am playing Driver 1. All I do there is go to survival in Frisco. I never pass the first mission of Driver. Then I was messing up a pile of CDs on our cabinet and I saw a Driver 2 :shock: . I was so exited and played it. Then my father teached me how to go out and I was like :shock: . After 2 to 3 years, I passed the first mission of Driver 1 and beat the game. It took me (as a small kid) 1 week to finish the last mission. In Driver 2, I'm always stuck in the tail Jericho mission because it always hang. After many years (I was like 13) I got addicted to internet (especially Youtube). Then I think of searching Driver 2 videos and I was shocked that why my driver has no trucks bus and other big vehicles and I discovered that I have a fake Driver 2 (it only have one disk :( ). And the of the CD is a Nissan Skyline that look like racing though it's not a racing game. Good thing that there's such things as roms and emulators (and hacking).
By MikuMikuCookie
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Friends Avatar
I have to make this very short but:
I got Driver when I was 3, my cousing Corey helped me, we never got past the garage mission.
A couple of months ago I got Driver 2, and I love it! I use an emulator for it 60 percent of the time.
This story will be updated every now and then

Hey, is that for really enabling Bodysnatchers che[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4