General discussion for the DRIVER series.
By cleone
Is it me, or is the "Survival" Driving Game impossible in all Driver games?
By cleone
Oops. Forgot that I beat the GBA Driver 2 survival. That was the only possible Survival.
By Driver of DOOM
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
i don't know how, but on driver 2 i got on top of a bridge, and survived, till i got board, moved a bit and got smashed to oblivion by the waiting cops. But in general, i can only last about a minute before being snapped by the police, but its so fun!
By madness
You cannot officially beat survival in the first Driver.
But multiple times the cops managed to send me flying into the sky finally landing into a building where they couldn't get to me.

Some other times I remember them smashing me through barriers and sometimes I made it into tones of other places. Then I would leave my computer unattended switched on to see how long the counter took until I finally beat survival. Unfortuanatly the day never come the clock is still counting and it reads 8 years, 112 days, 6 hours, 32 minutes and 40 seconds.
By bb_42001
did you make up those numbers or do you seriously still have that game running?

bb42001

Noodles

By madness
If I tried to do that.
I'd need a pretty powerful ups device so my computer is protected against those long power failures.
and It isn't possible to get those numbers from the game at all.
I think survival mode only displays Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Milliseconds, I'll always wonder what the maximum amount of time will run for until it resets unless it adds another digit until it runs off the screen.
By bb_42001
well try.. leave it running for 24 hours after you have been glitched ito a building

bb42001

Noodles

By cleone
madness wrote:If I tried to do that.
I'd need a pretty powerful ups device so my computer is protected against those long power failures.
I think survival mode only displays Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Milliseconds, I'll always wonder what the maximum amount of time will run for until it resets unless it adds another digit until it runs off the screen.
It only displays minutes, seconds, and milliseconds.
By madness
chrisl121212 wrote:
madness wrote:If I tried to do that.
It only displays minutes, seconds, and milliseconds.
But it will probably either glitch or add hours and days.
You cannot win Survival, it's all about how long you can stay alive, preferably without cheating.
By cleone
I found a flaw in the Miami survival in Driv3r. You have to get inside the mall, then you can just sit there the entire time. I haven't left my PS2 on for days to see what it did (after 5 minutes I got bored). I tried going to the car shop in Nice, but the cops followed me in. I tried to get upstairs, but I heavily damaged the car. Couldn't find a place in Istanbul. I think Driv3r's survival is possible if you get to a certain place in each city. Does anyone know of a plausible place to go to survive?
By PostalDude
The mall??? Are you serious???? What about that conveniently placed parking garage right in front of you when you start???? :roll:
By cleone
Driv3rownz wrote:The mall??? Are you serious???? What about that conveniently placed parking garage right in front of you when you start???? :roll:
I don't know what parking garage you are talking about. I will check again. And it is not hard to get to the mall. I might upload a video to YouTube of it.

EDIT: Ha. The parking garage worked. You can also just go behind the parking garage. Do you know of anything for the 2 other city survivals?

Hey, is that for really enabling Bodysnatchers che[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4