Discussion for Driver 2: Back on the Streets [EU] / Driver 2: The Wheelman is Back [US] (2000)
By donutbandit
Registration Days
Does anybody know? They seem to say a lot more different things than the other cops.

Not understanding Spanish, of course I hear some mondegreens.

"I spot the monkey!"
By Sedans
If you have a Cuban friend then ask them..
By Sedans
Hahah no.. I have a Mexican friend, and a Nicaraguian friend.. But not a cuban =) Lol..
By cleone
Go to Yahoo! Babel Fish. Just type in what the cops say in the other language and have the babel fish translate it to english.
By Nikusakken
chrisl121212 wrote:Go to Yahoo! Babel Fish. Just type in what the cops say in the other language and have the babel fish translate it to english.
How is he going to write something that he doesn't understand?
By cleone
It doesn't really matter. All they're basically saying is "Pull over!" "You are under arrest" etc.
By Lost Account #3423
in summer 2009 i had a spanish friand and he tell me some things.
i rember only 2 things
when they see you: execution units
when you lose/destroy them: i losed him
By Wheelman75
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Alex45 wrote:for italian people (like me) its easy to understand what they said because Italian sounds like Spanish :D
Yeah, I've listened to some TV broadcasts in Spanish & Italian, and they both sound quite similar.
By Wheelman75
Nikusakken wrote:And Portuguese.
I actually have a couple of Portuguese-language TV stations in my area, and to me, the language sounds like a mix of Russian & Spanish. Then again, I heard that Brazilian Portuguese & Portuguese Portuguese sound different...
Wheelman75 wrote:
Nikusakken wrote:And Portuguese.
I actually have a couple of Portuguese-language TV stations in my area, and to me, the language sounds like a mix of Russian & Spanish. Then again, I heard that Brazilian Portuguese & Portuguese Portuguese sound different...
Well,. I wouldn't say "sound different". Let's say that they have regional differences, just like the American and British English like in the way of speaking and the meaning of a few words. But I must say... it's a really difficulty language. It has so much annoying those little grammar rules like when using the crasis and stuff.
By Wheelman75
[quote="Nikusakken"Well,. I wouldn't say "sound different". Let's say that they have regional differences, just like the American and British English like in the way of speaking and the meaning of a few words. But I must say... it's a really difficulty language. It has so much annoying those little grammar rules like when using the crasis and stuff.[/quote]

What's a "crasis"?
Wheelman75 wrote:
Nikusakken wrote:Well,. I wouldn't say "sound different". Let's say that they have regional differences, just like the American and British English like in the way of speaking and the meaning of a few words. But I must say... it's a really difficulty language. It has so much annoying those little grammar rules like when using the crasis and stuff.
What's a "crasis"?
It's a contraction of a preposition a (to; at) and the feminine definite article a (the) and is indicated with this symbol `. E.g: The sentence Vou a a padaria (I go to the bakery) will become Vou à padaria. The same applies if the preposition is before the word aquela (that one). So, instead of writting Vou a aquela padaria (I'll go to that bakery), it will become Vou àquela padaria.

Well, I'm not good at explanations, but I hope I made it clear. :lol:
By Wheelman75
Nikusakken wrote:It's a contraction of a preposition a (to; at) and the feminine definite article a (the) and is indicated with this symbol `. E.g: The sentence Vou a a padaria (I go to the bakery) will become Vou à padaria. The same applies if the preposition is before the word aquela (that one). So, instead of writting Vou a aquela padaria (I'll go to that bakery), it will become Vou àquela padaria.

Well, I'm not good at explanations, but I hope I made it clear. :lol:
It's quite clear to me. Thanks.
By MikuMikuCookie
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Friends Avatar
Sedans wrote:If you have a Cuban friend then ask them..
I hear "Es Puchelas De la Rio" when you are spotted.

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4