Discussion for Driver 2: Back on the Streets [EU] / Driver 2: The Wheelman is Back [US] (2000)
By Aidan
Registration Days Posts
I play this game every weekend, does anyone else still play it. I'm still very much obsessed with this brilliant game!
By madness
here and there I always go back to multiplayer but since I never have a ps1 handy I rarely play it anymore. I still play driver 1 as it is so easy to load it up on my pc. However most of the time I find my self playing driv3r and the new pc release of driver: parallel lines.

But still multiplayer is the thing that brings you back!
By Tanner1970
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
i too playing driver 2.
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
I play Driver 2 almost everyday, I'm working on making mission videos with all the cutscenes for the game in the style of babbs D3 mission vids.

I hit a road block though, when you finish the Havana missions you have to change disc's but my PS2 says no disc inserted when I change them so I'm going to have to get a new PS2 or PS1 to finish my "project"
By madness
Moonchild wrote:I play Driver 2 almost everyday, I'm working on making mission videos with all the cutscenes for the game in the style of babbs D3 mission vids.

I hit a road block though, when you finish the Havana missions you have to change disc's but my PS2 says no disc inserted when I change them so I'm going to have to get a new PS2 or PS1 to finish my "project"
I can't wait to see your mission videos.
Hopefully when your done we can add them to the download database. The download database lacks lots of Driver: 2 content.
By nitrored
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
umm woah...i remember playing that in the 3rd grade o_0,
I mean comon,im only almost 11 now...
By Moonchild
madness wrote:I can't wait to see your mission videos.
Hopefully when your done we can add them to the download database. The download database lacks lots of Driver: 2 content.
No problem their but It's gonna take awhile. I kind of have an obsession with driving perfect so all my mission videos will feature tanner's car not getting touched by the police or any of the environment (unless the mission warrants damage like the car raming missions) And some missions are really hard to complete that way you know.
DPLkicksASS wrote:umm woah...i remember playing that in the 3rd grade o_0,
I mean comon,im only almost 11 now...
What's your point? I first played Driver 2 in late 2000 so that would have been....the 6th or 7th grade.
By nitrored
my point is that i was 8 years old when i played my first driver game
By Sedans
damn son you ya baby of the forum (no offense)
By nitrored
heh...im like 3 years younger than u
By Sedans
DPLkicksASS wrote:heh...im like 3 years younger than u
ha..ha heh heh heh rofl.. i guess you dont get it
By nitrored
Is that all you say? :/
By Sedans
what the hells your problem?
By nitrored
nuthin
By Miller
madness (to Moonchild) wrote:I can't wait to see your mission videos.
Moonchild wrote:No problem their but It's gonna take awhile. I kind of have an obsession with driving perfect so all my mission videos will feature tanner's car not getting touched by the police or any of the environment (unless the mission warrants damage like the car raming missions) And some missions are really hard to complete that way you know.
Hey, cool. I will get into watching the movie thing, too, man. This is going to be good. Doing it without any scratches on the car sounds like it will be very difficult, but it will look cool in the end. Good luck, to be sure. And a word of thanks for doing this, Moonchild.

BTW, when you play that on your PS2 can you look at better graphics and higher resolution than playing it on PSOne? What about that gas pedal button? Doesn’t that thing have different levels of acceleration depending on how hard you press with the PS2 or something like that? Does it also work on the PSOne game?
By Moonchild
Playing Driver 2 on PS2 doesn't enhance the graphics at all. The game was designed with 480i (standard resolution) and the PS2 doesn't upscale. The only way to get better resolution is to have a Hi-def tv and manually change the tv's resolution but that would probally look really bad for a game like Driver 2.

As for the gas pedal thing, The burnout button only has 1 acceleration speed so I assume your just refering to normal acelleration in which case, the game is the same on Playstation and PS2. It's a contact sensitive game afterall.

Luck, skill, and repetition is what I'll need to get the missions done the way I want them, but thanks for the encouragement. Kinda a side note but it's nice to see someone call the Playstation a "PSone" or just the "Playstation" instead of "PSX" like most idiots do....
By Miller
If idiots do it, I’ve probably done it. Half the time I probably thought it was neato while I did it, too. LOL!

Listen, man—Moonchild—what sort of process is it by which you go from playing a mission to having a file you can upload for people to watch? If you don’t mind explaining, I mean.

madness edit: topic split | Capturing Games to Video File
By Dicka
Registration Days
I still play it at least once or twice a year. I finished the original Driver at the weekend for the umpteenth time, but overall, I actually think Driver 2 is best. I found a hidden car in Vegas in it the other day! :D
By Coyote
Hello Gareth =) Or might you be Martin ? =D
By Tuomascorpions
Registration Days Posts Avatar
Yeah, I play it around two-three times a year.
By Coyote
I play it about 200 times a year … lol
By The.Kid.1978
Registration Days Posts Avatar
Oh yeah,I still play it-every weekend!
By Coyote
um… ok lol

welcome

lol

oh ur from la guardia ! im from hunts point ^^ lol
By Miller
I still do this year, too. I do not know why I like this game so much, man. It has some very unpleasant characteristics, to be sure, and there is no doubt that I have spent a lot of time with Driver 2 that I could have spent playing much cooler looking, newer games. But, nevertheless, there it is.
By Miller
So do I, man, but I love it more on PC. LOL Major improvement of the picture, and I can use a different gamepad that I like a lot, an Interact Hammerhead dual analog gamepad with two shoulder buttons and two triggers underneath. More on top than a lot of others, as well.

That was the first gamepad (for PC) that I ever purchased, too, and would you believe that it still functions just fine? It is now almost eight years old, too.

My favorite gamepad for the PS1 was an Interact Barracuda, a programmable dual analog thing
By cleone
I still play this. I don't find it as fun anymore now that I have Driv3r.
By PostalDude
This is the best Driver IMO,I'm stuck on Chase the evil-Satan's partner bastard gunman thought,but I got a 100 percent save converted to PSV I'm transferring to my PS3.This game never gets boring,unlike sh*tty-ass GTA4.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]