Discussion for Driver 2: Back on the Streets [EU] / Driver 2: The Wheelman is Back [US] (2000)
By Xtreemo
Registration Days Posts Avatar
Hello guys.

I'm new on this forum, however I'm actually a little kinda familiar with it as I've been here previous times as a visitor, with no account. But I guess that this time I should be staying, even if for a while.
I'm from Brazil; I'm 23 years old. Sorry if my english's not that good lol

I'm not only a game addict, I'm a Driver addicted. My favourite title is San Francisco, though I've played all of the previous console editions (That is, I never gone through "76" or "Renegade"). However, I really hate Parallel Lines and it's attempt of trying to be a GTA copy with its minigames and weaponry (But, I love the 70's feel of the game. That time was awesome btw, I wish I lived back then).
Driver 2, Driver and Driv3r are my other favourite titles, respectively.

To the point, now. I've recently got graduated in a Graphic Design university, and I'm fascinated with Photoshop and it's features. It's been almost 7 years I've started using this tool and since then, discovered what I wanted to be in my life.
A few years ago I've realized that my focus on my artistic work could be homages. Vigilante 8, Cruisn' World, Carmageddon and a few other games were already honored by me in a few digital arts of mine, where I translate all the nostalgia and good feelings those games brought me - and all of us, gamers - in the childhood times. So, nothing better than doing what I do best, for the games that made me happy.
It might not be the best photoshopping in the world, but I love what I do and I love to show my work to other people.

Driver 2 is my current target. I've started a series for the game this week, after almost a month I did an individual homage for it, with a composition of a moment from the very ending of the penultimate mission.

Last Sunday was the day I brought the ideas to my head. Started to look for cars' pictures, scenarios that could remind the game, and many other resources that could help me to bring the best memories for the gamers that loved Driver 2. Missions, Cars and Secret Cars, Best Moments and maybe, even easter eggs, if I remember any.

I've planned to do from 2-5 homages per City, on their timeline order. Chicago's got an extra, because it deserves it.
Here's what I have until now. I've been doing 1 per day. Tomorrow I'll try to bring up another one - probably the 'Find The Clue' mission.
(Don't mind the signature on the left bottom. It's my logotype and tagline, in Portuguese.)

Thanks for reading; I hope you like it!
Skylabh, car, ASV and 4 Others downloaded liked this
By Xtreemo
Skylabh wrote:Welcome!
Some nice pictures you have here.
Thanks a lot! :mrgreen:
Vortex wrote:Hi here !

Nice work indeed, it's a shame the watermark prevents me to use your artwork as wallpaper !
Thank you! :mrgreen: If that's the problem... Here it is what I've got! The watermarks are very less visible now. :D

Vortex, PostalDude liked this
By Xtreemo
car wrote:Image
Thank you! :lol: :lol: Loved this! Gonna use this in future comments lol
bb_42001 wrote:Were you planning on doing a wallpaper series for the other Driver games too?
Actually not, Driver 2 was my focus on this series. But maybe futurely I might do a short series for Driver 1 and 3 as well.
helegad wrote:Awesome work on the new ones! Can you do those with a smaller watermark too?
Of course! Here they are:

PostalDude, ASV liked this

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]

https://youtu.be/j10ltSvvSFU

Supercharged V8 (Driv3r)

https://youtu.be/PNpHXUwiFKs

A tutorial video on how to make custom missions fo[…]