Discussion for Driver 2: Back on the Streets [EU] / Driver 2: The Wheelman is Back [US] (2000)
By VegasOrRio
Registration Days Posts
Hi friends i'am new in the forum i want to talk a one diferent version of driver 2, I have a Driver 2 cd unfortunately today no longer works, was a single cd had no disc 1 and disc 2 the game was all different in the first mission Surveillance Tip Off Tanner appeared running without stop, unlike the other driver cds version where tanner appears standing still, other different things also in the mission Chase the Intruder there were 2 tanners with your normal clothes and one with a cover. the guy with the cover could only be Jericho but the guy dont not have the face of Jericho the guy have the face of Tanner not strange ? Other things in this game In the missions of chicago Escape to safe house and Leaving to chicago dont have time the time is infinite. also in this game if u got near a barrier of the police Tanner He made a gesture with both hands forward as if holding a gun and The fellone rising with Tanner on foot stranger not ? other thing too in the game dont have veichles type fire trucks limos, the only truck that exists in the game and the Havana mission stop the truck something also that i remember and i rob a fat car guy i never saw again in the game also i remember also rob one car and exit 2 peoples of the car these are some things I have in mind to this day i have this CD since 2003, already I tried to recover files from it using the computer more not of the CD this very scratchy
If you guys want I can take a central photo of the CD does not have the license plate written disc 1 and disc 2 the CD is unique , Guys Thank you for yours attention and give their opinions, other thing to finish the topic if u put the easy option in the game even a police car and other pursuers chasing you sorry my bad english but i am from Brazil hope you guys understand what do i mean.
By VegasOrRio
Registration Days Posts
helkensinken wrote:wtf?? i dont read that crap.... :evil:

BTW in brazil have some old myths about driver 2 that its not better to say

some these myths here is the link:(in PT-BR): http://dicasdriver2.blogspot.com.br/201 ... dades.html

sorry for my bad english...

This is not myth i am not troll for that u think I would invent it ? and one thing that I remembered now and it was impossible to get into secret car places playing the night my Driver 2 CD is totally different,tell me if u already played a Driver 2 that fellone of tanner rises on foot ?
By madness
PostalDude wrote:Jesus f***ing Christ.
LOL HE'S FROM BRAZIL
no wonder LMAO
whatever the f**k he's talking about, it's a bootleg
please don't insult other users, make them feel welcome
perhaps ask to clarify or simplify to the best of their ability instead of making fun of a foreign country
think of when you may need help and if your in a country of your second language.
By PostalDude
madness wrote:
LOL HE'S FROM BRAZIL
no wonder LMAO
please don't insult other users, make them feel welcome
perhaps ask to clarify or simplify to the best of their ability instead of making fun of a foreign country
think of when you may need help and if your in a country of your second language.
Hi friends i'am new in the forum i want to talk a one diferent version of driver 2, I have a Driver 2 cd unfortunately today no longer works, was a single cd had no disc 1 and disc 2 the game was all different in the first mission Surveillance Tip Off Tanner appeared running without stop, unlike the other driver cds version where tanner appears standing still, other different things also in the mission Chase the Intruder there were 2 tanners with your normal clothes and one with a cover. the guy with the cover could only be Jericho but the guy dont not have the face of Jericho the guy have the face of Tanner not strange ? Other things in this game In the missions of chicago Escape to safe house and Leaving to chicago dont have time the time is infinite. also in this game if u got near a barrier of the police Tanner He made a gesture with both hands forward as if holding a gun and The fellone rising with Tanner on foot stranger not ? other thing too in the game dont have veichles type fire trucks limos, the only truck that exists in the game and the Havana mission stop the truck something also that i remember and i rob a fat car guy i never saw again in the game also i remember also rob one car and exit 2 peoples of the car these are some things I have in mind to this day i have this CD since 2003, already I tried to recover files from it using the computer more not of the CD this very scratchy
If you guys want I can take a central photo of the CD does not have the license plate written disc 1 and disc 2 the CD is unique , Guys Thank you for yours attention and give their opinions, other thing to finish the topic if u put the easy option in the game even a police car and other pursuers chasing you sorry my bad english but i am from Brazil hope you guys understand what do i mean.
You can go into hugbox-mode and try to translate & reason with that, I tried already. He's got some kind of bootleg glitched/modded copy of Driver 2, that's my attempted translation of that wall-of-text-run-on-sentence..
Last edited by PostalDude on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Anna
Registration Days Avatar
LOL HE'S FROM BRAZIL
no wonder LMAO
you didn't have to be hostile. this is exactly why I don't post on this forum for fear of getting flamed or insulted for no reason whatsoever.
By PostalDude
Anna wrote:
LOL HE'S FROM BRAZIL
no wonder LMAO
you didn't have to be hostile. this is exactly why I don't post on this forum for fear of getting flamed or insulted for no reason whatsoever.
Yeah, I should go into hugbox la-la land mode and be like "Wow, thanks for the great contribution to DM! You should be admin!" to him.
By VegasOrRio
Registration Days Posts
Skylabh wrote:I would be curious to see a pic of your CD.

https://imageshack.com/i/ipbTbQCPj

I do not know for what reason the image was upside down,see the board has not written disc 1 disc 2 is written reflections this cd is unique compare with any other CD that u will see the difference,if u want you can take pictures of cd files i give anything to copy the files of this cd but the cd this very scratchy
By PostalDude
VegasOrRio wrote:
Skylabh wrote:I would be curious to see a pic of your CD.

https://imageshack.com/i/ipbTbQCPj

I do not know for what reason the image was upside down,see the board has not written disc 1 disc 2 is written reflections this cd is unique compare with any other CD that u will see the difference,if u want you can take pictures of cd files i give anything to copy the files of this cd but the cd this very scratchy
Try and make an ISO of it using PowerISO, i'm actually curious now. Sorry for being a dick.
By VegasOrRio
Registration Days Posts
Skylabh wrote:After Driver 2 v1.0, v1.1 and the limited edition, now we have Driver 2: the weird edition.
So apparently this version is a part of "the collection series".
I think impossible to find an iso of this cd I believe there are few in the world !
By PostalDude
VegasOrRio wrote:
Skylabh wrote:After Driver 2 v1.0, v1.1 and the limited edition, now we have Driver 2: the weird edition.
I think impossible to find an iso of this cd I believe there are few in the world !
Even though yours is scratched, you should attempt to make an ISO of it.
By RacingFreak
PostalDude wrote:
VegasOrRio wrote:
Even though yours is scratched, you should attempt to make an ISO of it.
This.

I guess it's some kind of bootleg version like how russians do them.
By VegasOrRio
Registration Days Posts
the kid 78 wrote:I got some bootleg Driver 3 or Driv3r back when its been released, I think this one is a Bootleg, but how they did change its content?

This is not bootleg, is one Driver 2 rare version
By driverretro
Registration Days Posts Posts
PostalDude wrote:
Anna wrote:
LOL HE'S FROM BRAZIL
no wonder LMAO
Yeah, I should go into hugbox la-la land mode and be like "Wow, thanks for the great contribution to DM! You should be admin!" to him.
This isn't a binary system; you don't need to go to either extreme, whether it's the way you were being hostile to the guy or what you childishly describe as "hugbox la-la land mode". Middle grounds do exist, you know.

Anyway, to not derail the thread, OP stumbled on what could be a few possibilities:

1) Bootleg that drastically modifies the retail release.
2) Bootleg based on some preview/beta/prototype version of the game, but with some modifications. This is actually not unlikely. Many PS1 game bootlegs from Russia have followed this trend; for a while, this was the only way to discover PS1 game protos (albeit modified to some extent). It's also not likely for early stages of development of games to be very different from the final release.
3) Bootleg of a preview/beta/prototype, but unmodified.
4) Hoax

I'm willing to give the OP the benefit of the doubt, so I won't put so much weight on #4. However, what is certain is that this is not an official release.
By PostalDude
driverretro wrote:
PostalDude wrote:
Anna wrote:
LOL HE'S FROM BRAZIL
no wonder LMAO
This isn't a binary system; you don't need to go to either extreme, whether it's the way you were being hostile to the guy or what you childishly describe as "hugbox la-la land mode". Middle grounds do exist, you know.
Not going to bother typing up a wall of text replying to this, I already apologized to the OP.
Since the OP STILL hasn't posted an ISO and has only provided one small picture of the disk, i'm starting to think this is a fake.
By VegasOrRio
Registration Days Posts
PostalDude wrote:
driverretro wrote:
PostalDude wrote:
Anna wrote:
LOL HE'S FROM BRAZIL
no wonder LMAO
Not going to bother typing up a wall of text replying to this, I already apologized to the OP.
Since the OP STILL hasn't posted an ISO and has only provided one small picture of the disk, i'm starting to think this is a fake.
How to extract an iso of a totally scratched cd, already tried thousands of times when I put the CD on cpu it copies on average 2 files and then crashes.
By VegasOrRio
Registration Days Posts
Skylabh wrote:Even if the disc is unreadable, you could for example, take a better picture of it, please?
i took new pics

CDS comparasion https://imageshack.com/i/exjoVGGbj I do not know for what reason the image is always upside down

The files from Different Version CD https://imageshack.com/i/f0V9XnOij Repare in the date of files

The files from Driver 2 Normal CD https://imageshack.com/i/f0yOKD4sj
By Skylabh
Interesting, each disc is NTSC/PAL. Even if the discs are totally scratched like you said, you can still go through the game's folders? Did you tried to copy the game's folders or files to your HDD?
By VegasOrRio
Registration Days Posts
Skylabh wrote:Interesting, each disc is NTSC/PAL. Even if the discs are totally scratched like you said, you can still go through the game's folders? Did you tried to copy the game's folders or files to your HDD?
Yeah I have done everything for copy the files but after 20 seconds crash because this very scratchy
By driverretro
Registration Days Posts Posts
Scratches being the cause of crashes during file copying is just unusual. The copying process is performed entirely within the computer; it's a duplication of files that have been detected, recognized and sorted already. If the scratches have affected the disc's content in any way, they should have affected the disc's readability by the computer, which doesn't seem to be the case. What kind of error messages, if any, appear during the copying process?
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]