Discussion for Driver 2: Back on the Streets [EU] / Driver 2: The Wheelman is Back [US] (2000)
By Fireboyd78
I don't think anyone has properly ripped music from the game yet.
By Fireboyd78
How helpful. You deserve a medal and nobel prize for "Most Helpful" ;)
By Fab2cent
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
ive always wanted 2 get the "we've lost him" cop radio saying from driver 1 THX
By helegad
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
My theory:

The files inside music.bin are .XM

My research about XM music format leads me to believe that the PlayStation synthesizes the tracks out of samples stored in a sound bin somewhere, sort of like MIDI. Because of this, you can't "extract" the music. The XA samples and XM "notation" need to be all accessible and then correctly played by a capable program. That's where I run out of ideas :(
By RacingFreak
Well im out of ideas aswell, I remember I was trying and got Fast Tracker to load them but how exactly - I dont remember. But it looks like Allister Brimble still has them as he posted a few at soundcloud last year.

PS
I have the complete score + the intro theme without voices aswell, maybe that helps?
By helegad
RacingFreak wrote:Well im out of ideas aswell, I remember I was trying and got Fast Tracker to load them but how exactly - I dont remember. But it looks like Allister Brimble still has them as he posted a few at soundcloud last year.

PS
I have the complete score + the intro theme without voices aswell, maybe that helps?
Send 'em over! :)
By emmetmcl
The intro to Driver 2 is available on Nimrod Productions website. Just go to their website and select the track "Cuba" at the top.

There are also a few tracks from DPL on there too
By 0takumetalhead
They're used to be a download link for the soundtracks of D1 and D2 on this forum. If nescecary I will make a new dll link.
By SO Remixer
Registration Days Posts Avatar
Is there anyway/anyone willing to rip the beta cop dialogue? I know that DrShemp did a rip of the cop dialogue and sirens preset in the final game, but I recall seeing a video of the Driver 2 Beta where the cops were enabled and when they'd chase you, they'd say in English something along the lines of "suspect seems to be driving a pile of junk."
By DrShemp
SO Remixer wrote:Is there anyway/anyone willing to rip the beta cop dialogue? I know that DrShemp did a rip of the cop dialogue and sirens preset in the final game, but I recall seeing a video of the Driver 2 Beta where the cops were enabled and when they'd chase you, they'd say in English something along the lines of "suspect seems to be driving a pile of junk."
I can do that. I've got 2 versions of the BETA Driver 2 which one of them the cops has english lines. Don't know exactly what they say but I can try to extract them the same way I did with the final version. And I can try to extract the rest of the lines from the final btw. I'll be posting on my YouTube channel.
By DrShemp
I was extracting some of the english beta cop lines. Most of it was used in the final version, but I found one very interesting. It sounds like an different voice from all and it says: "This is your final warning!"
Everytime a cop is heading into you, this line plays. I don't know if it is the same voice of the chicago/vegas cops, but it's very cool.
I'll upload it along with a few beta cop lines I've got here. (Not too much)
By pete
Did they re-use this sound in Driv3r? If you shoot the desk cop in the first mission that's exactly what he says.
By VAIMAHDO
pete wrote:Did they re-use this sound in Driv3r? If you shoot the desk cop in the first mission that's exactly what he says.
If your in Take A Hike mode, with inmortality on, and stand in place with cops shooting you and you do nothing, they will say that. :)
By PostalDude
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:
pete wrote:Did they re-use this sound in Driv3r? If you shoot the desk cop in the first mission that's exactly what he says.
If your in Take A Hike mode, with inmortality on, and stand in place with cops shooting you and you do nothing, they will say that. :)
uhm
what
It's Take A Ride, plus you really can't memorize the 3 lines they constantly loop while shooting you in Miami?
"FREEZE, YOU'RE UNDER ARREST"
"MIAMI PD, DO NOT MOVE, YOU ARE UNDER ARREST"
"YOU ARE UNDER ARREST"
By VAIMAHDO
PostalDude wrote:
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:
uhm
what
It's Take A Ride, plus you really can't memorize the 3 lines they constantly loop while shooting you in Miami?
"FREEZE, YOU'RE UNDER ARREST"
"MIAMI PD, DO NOT MOVE, YOU ARE UNDER ARREST"
"YOU ARE UNDER ARREST"
I said "hike" because it makes it sound funny. And we weren't talking about those lines.
By VAIMAHDO
Woh. I guess my disc is REALLY messed up, lol. I have accidentally dropped my PS2 version of DRIV3R a couple times in the past, and have played it on PS2 eluminators, and ever since it's been twice as broken, glitchy, and crashy then normally! :D I'll make a video for you guys to show how defective DRIV3R gets on a near broken disc. I'll call it: "BROKEN 3R
By PostalDude
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:Woh. I guess my disc is REALLY messed up, lol. I have accidentally dropped my PS2 version of DRIV3R a couple times in the past, and have played it on PS2 eluminators, and ever since it's been twice as broken, glitchy, and crashy then normally! :D
Playing your game on an "eluminator", whatever that is, won't screw it up. Not caring for the disk will.
By VAIMAHDO
All of the above screwed it up. The eluminator I used to use was defective, it was a beta version. It warned me if I put certain settings too high, it might perminately damage your disc. Certain settings I had to turn up so my laptop would get more then 1fps, I ended up wiht 5.. Lol.
By DrShemp
I don't remember any of the cop voice lines in Driv3r xD
But, I think they didn't re-use it, they only used the same line but with another voice, that's my guess.
Did someone has a video were I can hear this line in Driv3r?
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]