Discussion for Driver 2: Back on the Streets [EU] / Driver 2: The Wheelman is Back [US] (2000)
By Runo
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
That drivr3r topic reminded me... I know the normal colors on each car in Each city.

IF YOU NOTICE ANY BETA-ISH COLORS IN VIDEOS / BETA VERSIONS please let me know :D

But the special gray colored cars in Havana, there seems to be a gray color for car 1, 2 and 3. It's really weird. I wonder if there would have supposed to be more colors on the VW Van.
I also remember a UNUSED purple color for the Pickup in Havana, you can see it in a YT video.

In some beta / gameplay video I noticed a darker / lighter green/blue color on one of the Havana cars.
I know there is dark brown and light yellow colors for car 3,
Car #1: Blue - Red - Green - Brown - Light-yellow - Gray(unused in take-a-ride)
Car #2: Blue - Red - Green - Brown - Light-yellow - Gray(unused in take-a-ride)
Car #3: Blue - Red(beta/cut) Green - Brown - Light-yellow - Gray(unused in take-a-ride)
VW Van: only 1 color, white and brown, were there more? perhaps.
Pickup: Blue - Red - Dark-gray - Black - Yellow - Purple(unused in take-a-ride)

Please tell me of you can think of more colors or color-differences. :)
I can't remember all the colors so also tell me if I missed a color.

Chicago: (player cars get unique colors.)
Car #1: Black(only the player car) - Yellow - Gray - Green - Brown - Red
Car #2: Green(only the player car) - Blue - Red - Brown - Gray
Car #3: Yellow(only the player car) Purple - Blue - Brown - Red - Gray
Car #4 : Green(only the player car) - Yellow - Dark-gray - Silver/light-gray - Blue - Brown

Las Vegas:
Car #1: Orange - Black - Purple - Light-gray - Blue(in Quick Chase only)
Car #2: Blue(only the player car) - Red - Black - Gray - Yellow - Purple(unused)
Car #3: Yellow - Green - Brown - Light-gray - Blue - Purple(unused)
Car #4: Dark-gray - Yellow - Blue - Light-blue - Red

Rio:
Car #1: Black - Yellow - Red(rare but not unused :) ) - Blue - Gray - Green(only in the multiplayer Mountain Pass track.)
Car #2: Green - Blue - Red - Pink - Gray
Car #3: Green - Gray - Blue - Orange - Brown - Black (unused :( )
Car #4: Green - Brown - Dark-Greenblueish - Yellow - Blue - Gray(unused)

Hidden/Unused Driver 2 car colors video by gamersin.

Here is a Screenshot of a driving red car#1 (mercedes) in traffic, in Quick Getaway.
Last edited by Runo on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 17 times in total.
By Coyote
In some missions there were unique colours too. I think there was a grey / silver Dodge Challenger in Las Vegas during a mission. The normal colours were always orange, blue and maybe purple for this car.
By Runo
Coyote wrote:In some missions there were unique colours too. I think there was a grey / silver Dodge Challenger in Las Vegas during a mission. The normal colours were always orange, blue and maybe purple for this car.
Yeah! That's right, thank you for the the Las Vegas - car #1 contribution. :D
By CORONET
Registration Days Posts Avatar
5.jpg
The purple Chevrolet 3100 in take a ride, Greatest Hits 1.1 version

Cheats: colored cars (spawnable) 800D178C 0005 and select the pickup, For the grey cars just select car 1, 2 or 3
and a grey car should appear near the start.

Display OFF felony
800AB928 0000
800AB92A 0000

Display OFF damage
800AB948 0000
800AB94A 0000
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Runo
CORONET wrote:
5.jpg
The purple Chevrolet 3100 in take a ride, Greatest Hits 1.1 version

Cheats: colored cars (spawnable) 800D178C 0005 and select the pickup, For the grey cars just select car 1, 2 or 3
and a grey car should appear near the start.

Display OFF felony
800AB928 0000
800AB92A 0000

Display OFF damage
800AB948 0000
800AB94A 0000
Wow! Thanks for this contribution, That's the color. Sad that it was cut from the Final Version, a real shame.
Thanks for the codes btw, will be fun to drive the gray cars.
By Coyote
I'm confused about something in the first post:
Car #1: Black(only the player car)
For me the first car in Chicago is grey! :)
Or am I getting something wrong?

And the yellow car, does that happen to be the convertible? If yes then it's true that I've rarely seen it in yellow. I think I've seen some special colours in multiplayer also! (plus, as we know, the multiplayer contains lots of beta stuff, so you should search there!)
By Runo
Coyote wrote:I'm confused about something in the first post:
Car #1: Black(only the player car)
For me the first car in Chicago is grey! :)
Or am I getting something wrong?

And the yellow car, does that happen to be the convertible? If yes then it's true that I've rarely seen it in yellow. I think I've seen some special colours in multiplayer also! (plus, as we know, the multiplayer contains lots of beta stuff, so you should search there!)
The car you start with is indeed black, if you look closely at the bottom part of it. ;)

And ah, yes the convertible. When you choose the car, you get it in Yellow. There are no yellow ones driving on the street, so it's a unique color for the player car.
And yup, Multiplayer! That's a good idea, thank you Coyote. :)

Also found out some weird things about the Car #1 in Chicago, it has a Red color, I'm 100% I saw it in Take-a-ride once but now when I go into Chicago and drive around to search.. I ONLY see the other colors and no red ones. Is it a extremely rare color or am I just making this up? :P Have you seen a red car #1 ?

Chicago & Havana are nearly finished, atleast from my point of view. I can't remember the mission cars so I don't know if there are any hidden colors in any missions. :P
By PrototypeDriver
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Friends Avatar
How about the Mercedes CAR from Rio (the one that in the undercover mode is yellow in Rio), when you take the last change color modifier cheat (ending with the 5) it is Green! GREEN!
By Runo
PrototypeDriver wrote:How about the Mercedes CAR from Rio (the one that in the undercover mode is yellow in Rio), when you take the last change color modifier cheat (ending with the 5) it is Green! GREEN!
Woah! sick find bro, I just checked the colors on the Rio ones and no Green Color! Seems like there are more unused colors after all. I havent seen Car #1 green anywhere though. :o
By Coyote
I'm pretty sure the #1 car from Chicago is grey? :) It's the Firebird kind of car, right? (I think the same as Jones' car)
Either way for me it's definitely grey, either we're speaking about different cars or we have different versions or something (I have a European PAL versions!).

About the #1 car in red — you're not making it up at all. I'm pretty sure it's seen in one of the film director demos. It's either red or yellow, or maybe there's even both. I remember that because it also has rain I believe and a different spawn point. Back then I was always wondering how to get this!

About the Mercedes in Rio — I think that colour is from multiplayer race track, no? You should look in that multiplayer too (the race track, remember? there's two of them, but I think only one (near the Corcovado) is for multiplayer).

Also I remember the Rio car with 4 round lights at the front (not sure what it is), was very rare in grey, maybe a gangster car or only seen once somewhere (I don't remember), but I know I've seen it. Not sure if it's one of the cars you listed or not :)
By Runo
Coyote wrote:I'm pretty sure the #1 car from Chicago is grey? :) It's the Firebird kind of car, right? (I think the same as Jones' car)
Either way for me it's definitely grey, either we're speaking about different cars or we have different versions or something (I have a European PAL versions!).

About the #1 car in red — you're not making it up at all. I'm pretty sure it's seen in one of the film director demos. It's either red or yellow, or maybe there's even both. I remember that because it also has rain I believe and a different spawn point. Back then I was always wondering how to get this!

About the Mercedes in Rio — I think that colour is from multiplayer race track, no? You should look in that multiplayer too (the race track, remember? there's two of them, but I think only one (near the Corcovado) is for multiplayer).

Also I remember the Rio car with 4 round lights at the front (not sure what it is), was very rare in grey, maybe a gangster car or only seen once somewhere (I don't remember), but I know I've seen it. Not sure if it's one of the cars you listed or not :)
The #1 in Chicago is Dark-gray or Black, I'm not going to argue about it, sorry. :P It's black imo though. We have the same version though, I also have the PAL one.

Oh good to know! I can SWEAR I used to see it in Chicago in Take A Ride. I just know I have seen it.. .but now weirdly when I go take a ride in Chicago I see every color except red. It atleast was in the Chicago raining replay, It's a unused color it seems. :(

Wow, you were right about the Green color, it's indeed playable! It's only in the multiplayer Mountain Pass. Awesome! Thanks! :)

And yup, my favorite car in the game, Car number 3 in Rio. ;) The Gray color isn't rare, sadly. :P but it looks really cool in Gray. :P
By Coyote
Crazy that I still remember all these things after all that time :) I haven't played it in so long, my PS2 sadly doesn't manage to run most of my DVDs (PS2 games) and none of my CDs (PSX games). It's a laser problem, maybe I fix it one day.

Also, I'm not sure what the #1 car is for you. For me it's this one here:

And sorry, but it just simply isn't black :D So I think we're not talking about the same car, or we really have different versions, even if they're both PAL.
By Runo
Coyote wrote:Crazy that I still remember all these things after all that time :) I haven't played it in so long, my PS2 sadly doesn't manage to run most of my DVDs (PS2 games) and none of my CDs (PSX games). It's a laser problem, maybe I fix it one day.

Also, I'm not sure what the #1 car is for you. For me it's this one here:

And sorry, but it just simply isn't black :D So I think we're not talking about the same car, or we really have different versions, even if they're both PAL.
Yeah man. :P

And aaaargh, we aren't talking about the same car lol. The car you choose in Chicago in Single Player(Take a ride) is black, that one is a mission car that is gray, I'm sorry.. I thought we were talking about the same car, apperantly not. x)
Stupid me! Again sorry.
By Coyote
I'm still confused, for the car in the video there is no black colour, the closest to it is dark grey (which you get in free roam in Chicago) and silver (apparently used in this mission, but I think we see it in free roam too. I always used to think you get the silver version, but whatever).

Which model were you talking about?

If you're talking about the same car in another colour, for example the first one here:

… then that's still grey :D Look at the tires. THIS is black! Yeah I know the bottom of the car may be darker, but that doesn't make it black. It's mean to simulate showers or dirt maybe, I don't know.

You confused me because I thought this car actually existed in black (like, real black) and I was kind of surprised to read that :)
By Runo
Coyote wrote:I'm still confused, for the car in the video there is no black colour, the closest to it is dark grey (which you get in free roam in Chicago) and silver (apparently used in this mission, but I think we see it in free roam too. I always used to think you get the silver version, but whatever).

Which model were you talking about?

If you're talking about the same car in another colour, for example the first one here:

… then that's still grey :D Look at the tires. THIS is black! Yeah I know the bottom of the car may be darker, but that doesn't make it black. It's mean to simulate showers or dirt maybe, I don't know.

You confused me because I thought this car actually existed in black (like, real black) and I was kind of surprised to read that :)
It is black ;) The bottom half is black, and it's not really dark-gray even though it looks that way. :)
By Coyote
Err no man it's grey, don't say it's black because that just makes big confusion. If it was black, this car would be "light black", but there is no such a thing. White and black are not colours, and they are always absolute. Everything in between them is grey. The bottom half may look like black, but it's dark grey — which is the shadow of the grey the car has. If you watch other cars in the game with lighter colours, they don't have these shadows or at least not so strong, because these colours don't turn immediately into black when they're "darkened". Green first turns into light green, red turns first into dark red, etc etc. and grey turns into dark grey, which resembles black. Look at the other cars in that video, they all have this shadow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey

For you :D

And again — don't call it black because it will be misunderstood for a car that is actually black, which is extremely rare in Driver 2. The first one that comes to my mind is the stretch limousine, and there's probably a few others (without counting cop cars) but that's about it as far as black cars in Driver 2 goes. :)
By PrototypeDriver
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Friends Avatar
Runo wrote:
PrototypeDriver wrote:How about the Mercedes CAR from Rio (the one that in the undercover mode is yellow in Rio), when you take the last change color modifier cheat (ending with the 5) it is Green! GREEN!
Woah! sick find bro, I just checked the colors on the Rio ones and no Green Color! Seems like there are more unused colors after all. I havent seen Car #1 green anywhere though. :o
I am sure it Was in the #1 car, i am sure man! :shock:
By Runo
Coyote wrote:Err no man it's grey, don't say it's black because that just makes big confusion. If it was black, this car would be "light black", but there is no such a thing. White and black are not colours, and they are always absolute. Everything in between them is grey. The bottom half may look like black, but it's dark grey — which is the shadow of the grey the car has. If you watch other cars in the game with lighter colours, they don't have these shadows or at least not so strong, because these colours don't turn immediately into black when they're "darkened". Green first turns into light green, red turns first into dark red, etc etc. and grey turns into dark grey, which resembles black. Look at the other cars in that video, they all have this shadow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey

For you :D

And again — don't call it black because it will be misunderstood for a car that is actually black, which is extremely rare in Driver 2. The first one that comes to my mind is the stretch limousine, and there's probably a few others (without counting cop cars) but that's about it as far as black cars in Driver 2 goes. :)
Heh, I guess it is indeed dark-gray. :P (sadly)
By Coyote
Gooood :D

And now maybe let's find a few black cars? They're pretty rare but I think you get to see some. Isn't the car from Rio that I was talking about (with the 4 lights at the front) also available in black in some mission? Like, the gangster car? I know that there was a unique colour, you said it's not silver so I wondered, was it perhaps black? That would be ultra rare :)
By Runo
Coyote wrote:Gooood :D

And now maybe let's find a few black cars? They're pretty rare but I think you get to see some. Isn't the car from Rio that I was talking about (with the 4 lights at the front) also available in black in some mission? Like, the gangster car? I know that there was a unique colour, you said it's not silver so I wondered, was it perhaps black? That would be ultra rare :)
Hmm dude. :D Good question! The one with 4 circle lights infront? If so, I cant' really remember, I know it's dark-gray in Take-A-Ride. :)

Haven't played the Rio missions in many years now. :p
By CORONET
4.jpg
Check it out! it's a weird color.

just 5 minutes ago I found it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Runo
CORONET wrote:
4.jpg
Check it out! it's a weird color.

just 5 minutes ago I found it
Thank you so much CORONET! You're doing a great job.

It's another unused color! I played every level earlier today, and took note of each car's color in Las Vegas, No Green color on the Pickup, so that means it's an beta/unused color. :(
By Coyote
Wait I'm pretty sure this colour is in Las Vegas multiplayer Capture the Flag, please correct me if I'm wrong :)

(Oh and yes it would be unused since multiplayer is beta we said!)
By Runo
Coyote wrote:Wait I'm pretty sure this colour is in Las Vegas multiplayer Capture the Flag, please correct me if I'm wrong :)

(Oh and yes it would be unused since multiplayer is beta we said!)
Was going to check now but my Television is so old it went Black 'n' White just this second so I'll have to check tomorrow. :(
By Runo
Thanks Coronet and no problem Coyote. :(
By CORONET
5.jpg
The left car have the secret color
By Runo
CORONET wrote:
5.jpg
Wow!! You found a black version of my favorite car ingame! Extremely good find ^^

Thank you sooo much :D

It looks so badass in black. It's a secret color!

Now where to find the black colored car? was it in a mission? :o

----- EDIT:
I was doing the mission "Leave Chicago" and saw a red car #1 driving... it's real.. now the question is, is it findable in Take-A-Ride???
By CORONET
Runo wrote:
CORONET wrote:
5.jpg
Wow!! You found a black version of my favorite car ingame! Extremely good find ^^

Thank you sooo much :D

It looks so badass in black. It's a secret color!

Now where to find the black colored car? was it in a mission? :o

----- EDIT:
I was doing the mission "Leave Chicago" and saw a red car #1 driving... it's real.. now the question is, is it findable in Take-A-Ride???
There is no mission with that color and I wanted to go check on multiplayer, but the game crash :x

BTW the car its a Ford Corcel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Corcel

and am looking for the red color of the car 1 (Oldsmobile 442)
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]