Discussion for Driver 2: Back on the Streets [EU] / Driver 2: The Wheelman is Back [US] (2000)
By Clutch
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
imho you should make uv textures on all the cars. Especially on Havana ones.
And in Havana cars you should... no, you MUST! make the convex headlights, not concave. Or make semi-transparent lampshades.
By RacingFreak
Yeah, they`re pretty nice, like from the newer type models (only single coloured body). Usually lazy modelers (EA and Rockstar) choose this type but Driver needs some old-skool type of them. I mean the real-photo one textures.

If you want, I can rip you Havana cars textures, as I ripped some, but not each. I need to go and see how much exactly.

You can also ask for models, we created, not only for Driver, but in general :wink:

Back then, models ain`t the most needed thing. I see you did awesome work setting up the game engine itself, so we can mod it later.
By TA1LGATER
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Do you know what, I model a textured version first then replace it with shaded (no textured) model :'( . And I'm also lazy! :D but wait , I have a poor cute model with texture. It's saved :) .

It's the vw van!

For unknown reason, I opened the textured cop model in 3drad, and appeared having 1 color (brown) .

Anyway, it's just the same.

Patrulla!
By Sedans
i like the ps1 po po mobile wayy better than the pc version. (for d1)
By Submaniac
Sedans wrote:i like the ps1 po po mobile wayy better than the pc version. (for d1)
Me too :) i wish it was like that on the pc...
By TA1LGATER
Some post where missing. :(

Improvements!

Textured version

and obstacles

and now damage!

Thanks to theoldgamer for the texture ;)
By RacingFreak
Ahh, so much better :wink:

Now what left - replace the ugly wheels with some from Driver2 and remove interiors (D2 doesn`t have and they should be looking better). Nice job! :D

PS
I would suggest to wait for my Driver 2 car remakes, since they will be proper ones :wink:
By max.thunder
AWESOME MAN! Graphically it looks very good!
Congrats! Now it really looks like Driver 2 style
By RacingFreak
Tail, did you got any progress soon? If you have any need of helping, for sure, let me know. I`m in process at re-making Havana cars, so I think they can fit on well on you game :wink:
By TA1LGATER
there are many improvements!!!!!!:

car sparkles but when hitting traffic it will not work!

better ai cops that tries to avoid the traffic cars and tries to pit maneuver you!!!!!!!

in modeling my problem is the city.
what do you think is the best FREE program to make 3d cities?

in car model i will need the school bus of havana the pick up truck or maybe the mini!!! ;)
By RacingFreak
Nice improvements. Big Kudos to you :wink:

About modelling the city, it`ll be a hard for me, I would suggest to leave it like this for sometime.

The best 3D modelling program? Zmodeler 1 series. Modelling and UV mapping can be done pretty easy with it, has also DirectX .x file exporter ;)
By RacingFreak
TA1LGATER wrote: does it model 3d city easily???
Not sure, but some people successfully created full cities for Midtown Madness and Midtown Madness 2 on it. In fact everything is possible, except animations (has limited dummy objects).
By Biscaynes
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
TA1LGATER wrote:there are many improvements!!!!!!:

car sparkles but when hitting traffic it will not work!

better ai cops that tries to avoid the traffic cars and tries to pit maneuver you!!!!!!!

in modeling my problem is the city.
what do you think is the best FREE program to make 3d cities?

in car model i will need the school bus of havana the pick up truck or maybe the mini!!! ;)
Watching those mountains makes me think this is not Havana, but Turin. :lol: Ok, why not?
Great job! Keep it up.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]