Discussion for Driver 2: Back on the Streets [EU] / Driver 2: The Wheelman is Back [US] (2000)
By T.K.
I was at Menards a few hours after I beat Driver 2 to get some new carpet, and I got a brilliant idea: A Driver 2 remake! These are my ideas:
1. Better graphics (dur)
2. A few more cars
3. Improved framerate
4. Better walking animations
5. After beating the game, allow character selection, along with a unique weapon for each:
Tanner: Black M9
Jones: Silver M9
Caine: Semi-auto M4
Jericho: Sawn-offs
Pink Lenny: Colt 1911

6. A freakin' helicopter
7. And when ya sit down, don't let him float off the chair.

That be it.
By T.K.
Thank you.
And a special melee attack for each character
Added character: Cop: Pistol and shotgun
By madness
It seems a good idea to remake the game.
But costs too much and really isn't worth it.
They could probably port it and run it under ps1 emulation, but performance would even be worse.

It would be easier to get driv3r or driver: parallel lines and add a different city. But it would have to be on the ps2 not the ps3 because they would have to make significant changes to the engine, they would probably have to rebuild it.
By T.K.
It just seemed like a cool idea. That idea alone could bring back DRIVER the respect it needs. And possibly give it a better chance against GTA.
By Coyote
Would be cool to do that with the first Driver game.

@ madness ~~> What happenned to you, I don't see you on msn anymore :(
By The.Kid.1978
Registration Days Posts Avatar
Coyote wrote: @ madness ~~> What happenned to you, I don't see you on msn anymore :(
Yeah, Madness! Why?
By Miller
If you play Driver_2 on a PS2, does it look better than it does on a PSOne?
By T.K.
Sadly, no.
By Miller
Well, that is a drag. Thank you for the reply, man.

Some person posted a comment about a Driver 2 video I uploaded to YouTube, saying it looked pretty good for a game being played on PS2 (I don't recall his exact words, really). I have been playing it on the PC using an emulator, which is what that guy was actually looking at. So, I wondered if Driver 2 looked better on a PS2 than it does on a PSOne or something.
By madness
Miller wrote:Some person posted a comment about a Driver 2 video I uploaded to YouTube, saying it looked pretty good for a game being played on PS2 (I don't recall his exact words, really). I have been playing it on the PC using an emulator, which is what that guy was actually looking at. So, I wondered if Driver 2 looked better on a PS2 than it does on a PSOne or something.
I have compared them side-by side yet, but I belieave it does look better. In terms of resolution and anti-aliasing.

But there are some things which cannot be improved, like texture sizes, model detail and draw distance (which I belieave is hard coded into the game).

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4