Vote for many "Driver Related" things in here :)

Still playing Driver: San Francisco?

Yes
32%
Kind of, not played lately
32%
No
37%
By Fab2cent
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Yes, once or twice a week. The other drivers like Driv3r and PL i play everyday, there is more to do in those games.
By Coyote
Olanov wrote:I would but I find no players unless I'm already in a lobby with someone already and then look for servers.
Are you one of those that leave after a few seconds when they see no player? :P
Coyote wrote: It's all about online people, trust me!
Yeah, because online doesn't work for me and ubisoft support doesn't help me. I would play it more if it worked.
My least played Driver honestly and i agree with Fab2cent about the variety of previous games.
By Badnick24
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Coyote wrote:
Olanov wrote:I would but I find no players unless I'm already in a lobby with someone already and then look for servers.
Are you one of those that leave after a few seconds when they see no player? :P
Trust me, I've left the game sitting for a long time searching for players. Still barely ever found people. There must be some sort of problem with the servers. Maybe it's just Windows and not Mac?

Edit: Oh yeah I forgot. They're use the same servers right? Well there must be some explanation...
Coyote wrote:Are you one of those that leave after a few seconds when they see no player? :P
Nope. I can give it good 15 minutes and it won't find dick.

Unless I'm in a lobby with someone already and then search for games.
Hmm weird. Yes, Mac & PC are the same. Maybe you guys have a bad internet connection? I know that when my internet is slow sometimes, for example because I'm downloading stuff, I can't find any matches, or at least it's very rare and when I do find one there's usually only one person or two. But it terribly lags! If I see people from my friends list in a takedown match, and they tell me there's still place left, I still can't join, instead it would create a new match. Then, if I stop my download, I suddenly find all the matches again and can join. If I restart the download during the game, it keeps me in until another round, then kicks me out. I think it's made on purpose to avoid people who lag in the matches?
But if your internet is fast, then I don't know. So many people have problems with this game online, it's really that either it works for you, or it doesn't, sucks I guess :?
By Coyote
Then I don't know, unless you're a Steam player perhaps? I've seen lots of cases on the Ubisoft board of people having the Steam version who can't find matches or who can't play with non-Steam players (I've experienced this myself with a few people I "met" on the forum there - we couldn't even invite each other).
If you're online one day we could test it, and see if we have this problem too where we can't invite each other. Usually I'm online almost every day so… tell me when/if you're up for a few takedown rounds… probably I'll be online tonight at 20-21h anyway
Coyote wrote:If you're online one day we could test it, and see if we have this problem too where we can't invite each other. Usually I'm online almost every day so… tell me when/if you're up for a few takedown rounds… probably I'll be online tonight at 20-21h anyway
Sure thing. We should probably try this either tommorrow or Friday. Going to be busy tonight doing coursework. :D
After you beat the game, it loses all replay value. It's just not as fun as the other Driver games, no matter how hard you try. And despite the fact it was 2011, there's no customization in ANY way, the game is focused around Shift (you can't even lose the cops without it), the traffic is buggy as hell, and of course playing as Benjamin Button wasn't very fun either.

I stopped playing it. :P
Everything that consists of playing alone looses value at some point :P I mean, try to play Tennis alone, will it ever work? DSF has the highest replay value of all Driver games, for a simple reason: it has an online mode… and everyone is playing it, else it wouldn't be full all the time.

So what you think is fun is the customisation, that's what keeps you bothered with Driver 3 at the moment. My question is, if that wouldn't have been possible with Driver 3, would you still play it? Every day, the way I do it with DSF? I can't imagine to be honest… ;) So if you ask me, it needs to be a fair play. Don't compare modding, compare games, the way they've been released. And you can very much loose cops without shift (I do it all the time and it isn't even hard), that shows me you haven't played the game enough to know how cops in this game work :P Not sure what you meant with buggy traffic either, I have no problems! It's THE BEST GAME EVER!
Coyote wrote:Everything that consists of playing alone looses value at some point :P I mean, try to play Tennis alone, will it ever work? DSF has the highest replay value of all Driver games, for a simple reason: it has an online mode… and everyone is playing it, else it wouldn't be full all the time.

So what you think is fun is the customisation, that's what keeps you bothered with Driver 3 at the moment. My question is, if that wouldn't have been possible with Driver 3, would you still play it? Every day, the way I do it with DSF? I can't imagine to be honest… ;) So if you ask me, it needs to be a fair play. Don't compare modding, compare games, the way they've been released. And you can very much loose cops without shift (I do it all the time and it isn't even hard), that shows me you haven't played the game enough to know how cops in this game work :P Not sure what you meant with buggy traffic either, I have no problems! It's THE BEST GAME EVER!
I don't agree, Driver 1, 2, 3 (this one's debateable, lot's of people like it) AND DPL all have great replay value (most likely due to a story that's not being half arsed) and they did not rely on a online mode at all. Sure, there's splitscreen but they also gave great replay value with a proper Director Mode (DPL excluded obviously), city's actually feeling alive. Not to mention DSF being to easy for my taste. And to be quiet frank: DSF doesn't feel like a Driver game at all, it had the ingredients but there was still stuff missing.

Just giving my 2 cents and a personal oppinion.
Coyote wrote:Don't compare modding, compare games, the way they've been released. And you can very much loose cops without shift (I do it all the time and it isn't even hard), that shows me you haven't played the game enough to know how cops in this game work :P Not sure what you meant with buggy traffic either, I have no problems! It's THE BEST GAME EVER!
I wasn't talking about modding. I used the word "Customization", and I was referring to the fact DPL allowed us to upgrade and paint our cars, while DSF took both of those away from us. And the traffic is buggy, have you tried stopping traffic with a semi truck only to see them speed off at lightspeed? You call DSF the best game ever, but it is in fact, one of the worst. Simply because the DRIVER series has been reduced to a game for pretty much anyone...that's like taking GTA and removing all of the things that makes GTA great. No weapons, no on-foot, no language, just driving. That wouldn't be GTA...it would be some entirely new game. So apply this concept to the Driver series and you have yourself a sh*tty game that ruined the Driver series worse than DPL. In this case, it's called DSF. (N)
0takumetalhead wrote:
Coyote wrote:Everything that consists of playing alone looses value at some point :P I mean, try to play Tennis alone, will it ever work? DSF has the highest replay value of all Driver games, for a simple reason: it has an online mode… and everyone is playing it, else it wouldn't be full all the time.

I don't agree, Driver 1, 2, 3 (this one's debateable, lot's of people like it) AND DPL all have great replay value (most likely due to a story that's not being half arsed) and they did not rely on a online mode at all. Sure, there's splitscreen but they also gave great replay value with a proper Director Mode (DPL excluded obviously), city's actually feeling alive. Not to mention DSF being to easy for my taste. And to be quiet frank: DSF doesn't feel like a Driver game at all, it had the ingredients but there was still stuff missing.

Just giving my 2 cents and a personal oppinion.
Well you need to explain me how a story mode can influence the replay value, do you play the story mode every day or what? A few times a year will be enough I guess, but I play DSF online every day. Can you play other Driver's stories everyday? Playing the same mission basically through the whole story? Go from A to B to find XY. Chase X. Go from A to B to do XZ. Chase Y. Go from A to B to observe X. Chase YZ. Seriously? :P
Online mode in Driver SF is different every day, because obviously different people play in different ways - nothing is predictable. THIS is replay value!
You need to explain me how the cities feel alive also. How do 2 cars on a screet and 1 pedestrians feel "alive"? Even object-wise the cities are just empty. And film director? The DSF film director is missing one feature compared to the one in Driver 3… still better than none at all such as in DPL or Stuntman I'd say, but of course in those game it isn't a problem if there's no film director at all ;)

CarLuver: I see, well customization doesn't make it more "Driver" if you ask me — just more "NFS". DSF has everything that makes it a Driver, a great cities with great jumps that perfectly fits the game, muscle cars with great physics and handling, and awesome police chases in online takedown. That's really all I need for a great Driver, for me it's really all about the chases. Not about the "dark look" or whatever. And no I never had any traffic bugs! The only traffic bug I had was that the car packs don't change after you've finished the game, but that's still more cars on the road than all cars of all other Driver games combined :P
Coyote wrote:an you play other Driver's stories everyday? Playing the same mission basically through the whole story? Go from A to B to find XY. Chase X. Go from A to B to do XZ. Chase Y. Go from A to B to observe X. Chase YZ. Seriously?
I used to play some D3 and DPL mission in different ways just for fun, for example doing Corrigan mission with a motorcycle in his hideout, stopping him with the motorcycle and beating him non stop (he was invincible). Another one was completing the Mexican mission when you chase a biker, i completed it crashing the biker and his bike exploded. And more...
By Olanov
Ehh. I don't think DSF ruined the series. I found it fun (single player) for quite a long time. Probably not as much as the games before (Driver 1- DPL) but then again, I've began playing a lot of different games in addition to Driver around the time DSF came out. That probably affected. It's still a great game though, I won't go against that. I love the police chases, (to an extent) especially downtown. I remember all I did when I got DSF was pursue criminals, it got me pumped up, especially if some kick ass tunes were playing in the background. Since that they got a little less exciting due to them having not a lot of new stuff to offer. The AI cops ramming me began pissing me off, and the perps slowing down for you a lot just wasn't that exciting. Nonetheless, it's still very good and deserves tad bit more attention. It's still missing a lot of things that would've made it better though, which disappoints me a lot. It's like it has plenty of wasted potentional. A lot of games do though. I'm sure the 60fps limit affected that a lot. I still want the ability to change car colors.

Online mode is fun but it sorta becomes a grindfest. I'd really, really like to see new content for online and single player because it's really gotten boring. Takedown maps are the same, players are idiotic and keep ramming into you during chases, races are the same and so forth. There's just not a whole lot new to do. DSF didn't get a whole lot of new content. (Where's my ASYM's and Dodge Monaco Squads? D:) I liked how dynamic tag was though. That was fun and innovative. Little annoying when someone higher level than you was 'it' and converted his car into a OP one, sped off. No shift could save us except if we got lucky, ramming into super fast sports car is easier said than done when the player has a good reflects too.

Of course, some of these are opinions and different strokes for different folks. It's still a good game though, all I wanted to really say.

(I also note some of these issues apply to other Driver games)
Olanov wrote:Ehh. I don't think DSF ruined the series. I found it fun (single player) for quite a long time. Probably not as much as the games before (Driver 1- DPL) but then again, I've began playing a lot of different games in addition to Driver around the time DSF came out. That probably affected. It's still a great game though, I won't go against that. I love the police chases, (to an extent) especially downtown. I remember all I did when I got DSF was pursue criminals, it got me pumped up, especially if some kick ass tunes were playing in the background. Since that they got a little less exciting due to them having not a lot of new stuff to offer. The AI cops ramming me began pissing me off, and the perps slowing down for you a lot just wasn't that exciting. Nonetheless, it's still very good and deserves tad bit more attention. It's still missing a lot of things that would've made it better though, which disappoints me a lot. It's like it has plenty of wasted potentional. A lot of games do though. I'm sure the 60fps limit affected that a lot. I still want the ability to change car colors.

Online mode is fun but it sorta becomes a grindfest. I'd really, really like to see new content for online and single player because it's really gotten boring. Takedown maps are the same, players are idiotic and keep ramming into you during chases, races are the same and so forth. There's just not a whole lot new to do. DSF didn't get a whole lot of new content. (Where's my ASYM's and Dodge Monaco Squads? D:) I liked how dynamic tag was though. That was fun and innovative. Little annoying when someone higher level than you was 'it' and converted his car into a OP one, sped off. No shift could save us except if we got lucky, ramming into super fast sports car is easier said than done when the player has a good reflects too.

Of course, some of these are opinions and different strokes for different folks. It's still a good game though, all I wanted to really say.

(I also note some of these issues apply to other Driver games)
Wait - people in takedown are annoying because they keep ramming into you? :P I think that's the point of it! I ram as much as I can, that's why every takedown match is a massacre :lol: Also about the higher level players spawing into Lamborghini's: Once you're experienced enough it really is not a problem anymore. My selection on spot 2 is a Fiat 500, if you're online tonight I'll let you take a Lamborghini and I'll take the Fiat 500 ;)
I don't think it's the point of other cops to ram a cop while they're all supposed to work together towards catching the perp. And I know about the higher level thing, I would know, I'm max already. But for other beginners it's just outright unfair. Sure they got a chance, small one though.
By Coyote
Have you never watched the Blues Brothers?! :P Everyone crashes into everyone, because everyone's obsessed with catching the crook in Takedown, that's the reason! They don't do that on purpose, but it shows how dynamic and aggressive the matches are! I really love that, lots of action :)

About the noobs: Meh, I used to beat everyone when I was level 0 already. The reason why is simple, I've played the story and challenges before. People come in multiplayer because they bought the game for that, and some of them even don't know how to shift. Some even at level 15 or higher don't… I was there at level 0 and already knew all cars, the whole city and every street, and my driving skills were already maxed out! I don't feel sorry for the noobs coming and loosing tbh, it's their fault. Sometimes I see someone in early levels who beats the sh*t out of everyone, and then I know: This guy has played the story before, and that puts a smile on my face :) Lambo doesn't make you a better driver sadly :lol:
By Fab2cent
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Coyote wrote:Have you never watched the Blues Brothers?! :P Everyone crashes into everyone, because everyone's obsessed with catching the crook in Takedown, that's the reason! They don't do that on purpose, but it shows how dynamic and aggressive the matches are! I really love that, lots of action :)

About the noobs: Meh, I used to beat everyone when I was level 0 already. The reason why is simple, I've played the story and challenges before. People come in multiplayer because they bought the game for that, and some of them even don't know how to shift. Some even at level 15 or higher don't… I was there at level 0 and already knew all cars, the whole city and every street, and my driving skills were already maxed out! I don't feel sorry for the noobs coming and loosing tbh, it's their fault. Sometimes I see someone in early levels who beats the sh*t out of everyone, and then I know: This guy has played the story before, and that puts a smile on my face :) Lambo doesn't make you a better driver sadly :lol:
Tbh i have never really played a lot of driver SF multiplayer (lvl 17 on pc and like 20ish on ps3) but i have to agree with you that levels don't matter, i have never lost a game hahaha. Players that are max just try and out speed you, like you said if your a good driver you do well. Its easy to win at DSF multiplayer but i dont play it often, i like to play single player more, just to enjoy the driving. Driver 3 and 4 ive played MUCH more than SF even though SF has multiplayer. Multiplayer can be a chore and just boring sometimes, its not why i love the driver games. I play driver to just...drive, make movies and escape the cops is awesome cars, Not to constantly have objectives and things to do. Thats why i spend my time in free roam most of the time, just driving around :P Its just my opinion and i understand why multiplayer can be fun, and thats probably why you like it. But in general i play driver to have fun and just relax while driving a awesome car, not to have non stop action.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]