Vote for many "Driver Related" things in here :)

Least Favorite Driver?

Driver: You Are the Wheelman
13%
Driver 2
9%
Driv3r
17%
Driver: Parallel Lines
26%
Driver: San Francisco
35%
By T.K.
What IS your least favorite Driver?

No arguing, please! Arguing makes kittens and puppies and [insert favorite baby animal here] cry.

Personally, I have to pick 3. Storyline was weird, missions were weird. i just didn't like it last time I played it. Opinion may change though.
By 0takumetalhead
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Have to agree with you T.K. I just couldn't finish D3 at all. It still ended up being a guilty pleasure of my, they nailed the handling of all vehicles.
By Badnick24
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
It's not on the list, but I'm going with Driver: Renegade.
By Fab2cent
I agree with BadNick Driver: Renegade was bad, but from the main series driver parallel lines. I just didn't like the cartoon style to it
By Coyote
Driver 3 as well I guess. As for them nailing the handling on the cars. I gotta disagree here as well. It felt good back then, but I’ve played it again a year ago or so and sorry but the handling was just terrible. Not just that, but also the whole physics of the vehicles. Like if you take a jump, the car stays in the air for years, as if it was a leaf :lol:
By pete
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Driver Parallel Lines. I could just never really get immersed in that game, it felt more like GTA3 with better textures. Such a step backward from Driv3r.
By max.thunder
Coyote wrote:Driver 3 as well I guess. As for them nailing the handling on the cars. I gotta disagree here as well. It felt good back then, but I’ve played it again a year ago or so and sorry but the handling was just terrible. Not just that, but also the whole physics of the vehicles. Like if you take a jump, the car stays in the air for years, as if it was a leaf :lol:
It's not about realism, it's about making the driving enjoyful and funny, it is meant to be a hollywood chase recreation, not real life. Buy a racing sim if you want closer realism or go with a car to a race track.
By cleone
I actually really liked Driv3r and Driver Parallel Lines. I loved customizing cars in Parallel Lines and driving around New York with them. I loved having a car collection and be able to race and piss off cops with them. Also loved doing 180s and shooting the cops while driving in reverse. Driv3r was cool because it was a challenge and it was very good for its time. The car handling blew GTA3-era games out of the water. The problem with what you guys are rating these games down for is you guys are judging the game as a GTA-like sandbox game, but at heart its really meant to be an open-world driving game with the options to switch cars and shoot if the player desires. Instead of us watching the shootouts in cutscenes like old Driver games, Reflections let us do the shooting. Thats how I look at things.

For me, the worst Driver was Driver San Francisco. The damage was disappointing, the atmosphere was awful, the cop chases were very NFS-like, and the city felt very restricted. There was lots of content, but the content was small and almost had no challenge. I was able to do everything in the game and get every single achievement within a two week period. I've never done that with any other game.
By 0takumetalhead
Coyote wrote:Driver 3 as well I guess. As for them nailing the handling on the cars. I gotta disagree here as well. It felt good back then, but I’ve played it again a year ago or so and sorry but the handling was just terrible. Not just that, but also the whole physics of the vehicles. Like if you take a jump, the car stays in the air for years, as if it was a leaf :lol:
Oh the irony in your post, the handling in DSF was just like in D3: recreating 70's chase movies the series is known for.
cleone wrote:I actually really liked Driv3r and Driver Parallel Lines. I loved customizing cars in Parallel Lines and driving around New York with them. I loved having a car collection and be able to race and piss off cops with them. Also loved doing 180s and shooting the cops while driving in reverse. Driv3r was cool because it was a challenge and it was very good for its time. The car handling blew GTA3-era games out of the water. The problem with what you guys are rating these games down for is you guys are judging the game as a GTA-like sandbox game, but at heart its really meant to be an open-world driving game with the options to switch cars and shoot if the player desires. Instead of us watching the shootouts in cutscenes like old Driver games, Reflections let us do the shooting. Thats how I look at things.

For me, the worst Driver was Driver San Francisco. The damage was disappointing, the atmosphere was awful, the cop chases were very NFS-like, and the city felt very restricted. There was lots of content, but the content was small and almost had no challenge. I was able to do everything in the game and get every single achievement within a two week period. I've never done that with any other game.
Only thing DSF suffers from (imho) is having zero replay value after you've beaten it, while I still do Driver 1's Undercover Mode from time to time, in a sitting or 2.
By knucklesechidna
Registration Days Posts
My lease favorite was Driver 3 ( Driv3r ) I just couldn't get into it like the first two games before. It would had be nice if they had one of the cities in Brazil again. I haven't played Driver SF yet. My 2 favorites are Driver 2 & PL, only thing about PL I didn't like was after you finished the game you can't chose a mission to play again. You have to start all over lol,
By max.thunder
You can choose to replay a mission from menu in Driver PL
By Coyote
max.thunder wrote:
It's not about realism, it's about making the driving enjoyful and funny, it is meant to be a hollywood chase recreation, not real life. Buy a racing sim if you want closer realism or go with a car to a race track.
Which movies with “hollywood chases” have you watched? :) Where do cars stay in the air for hours except in the terrible remake of Gone in 60 seconds, when that CGI Mustang makes a huge jump over the traffic? Movie chases *are* realistic, how can they not be reality when it IS reality? Except of course if there’s some CGI or other tricks used. But I’m not sure how you would make a car stay longer in the air (unless it’s going faster obviously) or how you’re going to make a real car handle unrealistically? :?:
The vehicles in Driver 3 just don’t have the same sense of weight as in Driver SF, and weight + suspension work is really important in my opinion :)
By max.thunder
Coyote wrote: Except of course if there’s some CGI or other tricks used. But I’m not sure how you would make a car stay longer in the air (unless it’s going faster obviously) or how you’re going to make a real car handle unrealistically? :?:
The vehicles in Driver 3 just don’t have the same sense of weight as in Driver SF, and weight + suspension work is really important in my opinion :)
I'll make it stay longer in air with a transparent balloon :mrgreen:
In my opinion most hollywood movies are made using tricks, if they tried to recreate it more realistically the stuntmen could die, as a example you have H.B. Halicki , he compacted 10 vertebrae performing the film's 128-foot-long (39 m) jump finale and walked with a limp afterwards.
By cleone
0takumetalhead wrote:Only thing DSF suffers from (imho) is having zero replay value after you've beaten it, while I still do Driver 1's Undercover Mode from time to time, in a sitting or 2.
Agreed
By Coyote
knucklesechidna wrote:
max.thunder wrote:You can choose to replay a mission from menu in Driver PL
I never noticed that lol
That’s only on PC isn’t it? On PS2 that wasn’t possible…
Olanov wrote:
Coyote wrote:Which movies with “hollywood chases” have you watched?
:lol:
Hahaha! I have to add this to my list of favourite videos ever, that’s just priceless :lol: And I thought “Speed” or “Taxi” were the worst for this kind of stuff…

max.thunder wrote:
Coyote wrote: Except of course if there’s some CGI or other tricks used. But I’m not sure how you would make a car stay longer in the air (unless it’s going faster obviously) or how you’re going to make a real car handle unrealistically? :?:
I'll make it stay longer in air with a transparent balloon :mrgreen:
In my opinion most hollywood movies are made using tricks, if they tried to recreate it more realistically the stuntmen could die, as a example you have H.B. Halicki , he compacted 10 vertebrae performing the film's 128-foot-long (39 m) jump finale and walked with a limp afterwards.
I think you’re mixing two things here, what you’re showing me is all slow motion! You can add this effect as well in Driver… but the point is, during normal gameplay, the cars stay way too long in the air in Driver 3! Of course they use tricks in movies… but you can not “trick” physics. Unless of course you use CGI like explained earlier. For example in one movie (called “Getaway”, the version from 1994), there’s a car chase at some point, and one of the police cars flips for no reason. The REASON why it flipped is unrealistic, because there was no reason for it to flip. But the flip itself was realistic, how could it not be realistic, when it’s real? Do you see the difference? It’s the difference between the reason and the action itself. Why I mentioned this stunt now is because you can see parts underneath the car flying away, which are like some sort of pipeline used my Stuntman to make vehicles flip. I stopped the movie so often just to see that! So yes, no reason to flip, but flip itself couldn’t be more “real”. Unrealistic for me would mean if the car had for example flipped a million times, which would be not possible in this scenario, because it would be against the laws of physics. And that’s what I was talking about when I mentioned Driver 3 :)
By max.thunder
Maybe it's unrealistic but it was indeed fun, in my opinion games should stay games and reality apart from them. I prefer a balance between realism and fiction.
Some Driv3r jumps
By Fab2cent
i have to rethink my choice, ive started playing driver PL again on the pc. Its SO much better than i remembered, probably even my 2nd choice after Driv3r!!! so i will change my least favorite to driver 2
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]