Vote for many "Driver Related" things in here :)

Which is in your opinion the most technologically advanced Driver in the series?

Driver
9%
Driver 2
9%
Driv3r
45%
Driver PL
5%
Driver SF
32%
If we talk Gen wise (you can't compare 5th gen with the 6th and 7th) I would say Driver 1 for Gen5, Driv3r (altough rushed) for Gen6. Driver SF for Gen 7 obviously. Every first Driver on a new gen of home consoles did something new with the (limited) hardware it ran on. D1 makes perfect use of limited ram the PS1 had (not many games did this properly), D3 had unmatched driving fysics and DSF gave us a new way to be constant in action.
0takumetalhead wrote:If we talk Gen wise (you can't compare 5th gen with the 6th and 7th) I would say Driver 1 for Gen5, Driv3r (altough rushed) for Gen6. Driver SF for Gen 7 obviously. Every first Driver on a new gen of home consoles did something new with the (limited) hardware it ran on. D1 makes perfect use of limited ram the PS1 had (not many games did this properly), D3 had unmatched driving fysics and DSF gave us a new way to be constant in action.
I agree with you, every Driver had brought something new, always innovating. And i was just trying to compare it just by the perception of every fan (with stuff like driving physics, damage, stuff like weather....). Everyone probably has different opinions.
Driver 1 is still the most revolutionary in terms of hardware useage. Amazing car handling, AI, one of the best looking PS1 games and so much extra features like Director's Mode (recording time is pretty long two before running out of tape) all crammed on 4 to 6 mb's of ram memory. And don't forget the consistent framerate.

Edit: Don't forget that it would also allow a full day and night cycle, and possibly also changing weather conditions without sacrificing framerate.
Well, this is a question we can't really give an answer to. The most advanced one is obviously Driver: San Francisco. But you can't really compare, because there's over a decade between the first and the last game.

To answer this question appropriately, we would need to know every single detail about the development of the game, and every single detail about all the platforms.
For me, it's DRIV3R. The kind of damage and vehicle behavior in 2004 was unparalleled even by GTA: SA. It just had a really sad excuse of a game to represent it, which basically killed any chance of DRIV3R being the topdog. You can't rush perfection...something Atari never understood.
CarLuver69 wrote:For me, it's DRIV3R. The kind of damage and vehicle behavior in 2004 was unparalleled even by GTA: SA. It just had a really sad excuse of a game to represent it, which basically killed any chance of DRIV3R being the topdog. You can't rush perfection...something Atari never understood.
Hmm I have to disagree :P The Getaway had an epic damage system for it's time (and that was 2 years before Driver 3). The cars basically got squashed all the way to the windshield, the only other game where I've seen this so far was DTM: Race Driver 2 (might have been the same in other games of this series however).

I don't think GTA was even trying to do something like this, but if they wanted it, they probably could have done it, which they actually have after GTA: SA.

And yep, you can't rush perfection! Too bad, it could have become an awesome game. Especially with that removed online feature…
Coyote wrote:Hmm I have to disagree :P The Getaway had an epic damage system for it's time (and that was 2 years before Driver 3). The cars basically got squashed all the way to the windshield, the only other game where I've seen this so far was DTM: Race Driver 2 (might have been the same in other games of this series however).

And yep, you can't rush perfection! Too bad, it could have become an awesome game. Especially with that removed online feature…
Compare Stuntman and The Getaway, The Getaway has cool damage but the parts don't come off so easy as in Stuntman.

Damn Atari, if the game would have been released a year later or something it could have become an even more awesome game, and maybe a cult game.
max.thunder wrote:
Coyote wrote:Hmm I have to disagree :P The Getaway had an epic damage system for it's time (and that was 2 years before Driver 3). The cars basically got squashed all the way to the windshield, the only other game where I've seen this so far was DTM: Race Driver 2 (might have been the same in other games of this series however).

Compare Stuntman and The Getaway, The Getaway has cool damage but the parts don't come off so easy as in Stuntman.

Damn Atari, if the game would have been released a year later or something it could have become an even more awesome game, and maybe a cult game.
Yeah in The Getaway the parts don't fall off at all actually. I still think it's better made, in Stuntman the car is a box and the parts are just falling of. Also the car itself doesn't have any deformation, just the parts.
driverever110 wrote:
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:Driv3r was once thought to be made online? I've thought of making an extream mod to mod driv3r multiplayer.
no,just its impossible
Considering we can't even really re-create the removed developement menu, a multiplayer mod is really far off.
Someone made a multiplayer mod for gta 3, possibly 2, and for sure san andreas, it should be possible... But don't expect it until about 11 years when I know what im doing and have actually started working on it.
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:Someone made a multiplayer mod for gta 3, possibly 2, and for sure san andreas, it should be possible... But don't expect it until about 11 years when I know what im doing and have actually started working on it.
I'm fairly certain a team of people experienced in modding made those mods you just mentioned. We have to take into account the bigger fanbase GTA has for one. More manpower plus all that knowledge and even then it took years before they were able to push a multiplayer mod out.

I admire your enthusiasm, but while it may be possible to make a multiplayer mod, it would require more demand, manpower and knowledge. Not to mention commitment.

Chances of it ever happening are quite slim.
Yeah, all ture. I've thought of driver 2 multiplayer, that would be amazing, but theres no pc version so that is a very unlikely possibility. As for DRIV3R multiplayer mod, I don't know how many people would make that. I would. In the future, I will be a game maker, but surprisingly I'm doing every little thing myself, from modeling all the way down to voice acting, It will be lengthy, but I don't think anyone has ever made a large game alone, the one I've already have been thinking about for 2 years now I will tell no one about. All I will say as of now is that it is so very diverse and advanced, it has to have graphics like mid/late ps2 age, and can run on weaker systems. Not too weak of course. Sorry for going a little off topic, just though I would mention that. I already animate, simulating real life as accurate as possible. :roll:
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:Yeah, all ture. I've thought of driver 2 multiplayer, that would be amazing, but theres no pc version so that is a very unlikely possibility. As for DRIV3R multiplayer mod, I don't know how many people would make that. I would. In the future, I will be a game maker, but surprisingly I'm doing every little thing myself, from modeling all the way down to voice acting, It will be lengthy, but I don't think anyone has ever made a large game alone, the one I've already have been thinking about for 2 years now I will tell no one about. All I will say as of now is that it is so very diverse and advanced, it has to have graphics like mid/late ps2 age, and can run on weaker systems. Not too weak of course. Sorry for going a little off topic, just though I would mention that. I already animate, simulating real life as accurate as possible. :roll:
I hope to see your games in the future!
Well thanks Fab2cent, I plan to make games in a direction no one is going into, lower polygon count, smaller textures, and different gameplay then normally. I modded gta 4 to where your able to to a back flip. (Y)
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:Well thanks Fab2cent, I plan to make games in a direction no one is going into, lower polygon count, smaller textures, and different gameplay then normally. I modded gta 4 to where your able to to a back flip. (Y)
More then enough people focused less on graphics, mostly devs of indie games.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]