Vote for many "Driver Related" things in here :)

Do you think it's time for Tanner to retire?

Yes
17%
No
83%
Of course not. But I wouldn't mind seeing a new character or two in a spinoff or something.
I’ll be honest. Who cares about Tanner? Are we really 8-year old kids who are still looking for their hero? Aren’t there enough anyway with Spiderman, Batman and all that crap. I never see Tanner in online multiplayer anyway. He’s always sitting in my car, but when do I ever look inside the car? I prefer to keep my eyes on the road and of course also at the cops who chase me!
Coyote wrote:I’ll be honest. Who cares about Tanner? Are we really 8-year old kids who are still looking for their hero? Aren’t there enough anyway with Spiderman, Batman and all that crap. I never see Tanner in online multiplayer anyway. He’s always sitting in my car, but when do I ever look inside the car? I prefer to keep my eyes on the road and of course also at the cops who chase me!
I would rather be an 8 year old kid and love tanner than have your opinion
The police are my superheroes. Why? Because they're real.

Anyway, on topic... Tanner, well. Tanner should retire when it's his time to retire. I wouldn't mind seeing another game with him but I'd also like to see something new instead.
Coyote wrote:I’ll be honest. Who cares about Tanner? Are we really 8-year old kids who are still looking for their hero? Aren’t there enough anyway with Spiderman, Batman and all that crap. I never see Tanner in online multiplayer anyway. He’s always sitting in my car, but when do I ever look inside the car? I prefer to keep my eyes on the road and of course also at the cops who chase me!
I don't care for Tanner or whatever, but I do think he's a good video game character and still has potentional. That makes him worthwhile.
Maybe Tanner is sometimes ruthless with his methods but for me was one of the few guys in sandbox games seeking justice and fighting for a better world while risking his life (like Olanov said, like real cops). That's because Tanner has so many fans and is some kind a role model.

You might like it or not but for me Tanner isn't comparable to any superhero because Tanner's doesn't have any special habilities, maybe he's good at driving, only that, but he's vulnerable as other people he's trying to save or arrest.
I still prefer Tanner over T.K., although with all the personality changes he's gotten it's probably better to start over with a new protagonist in the next game and keep his personality. Maybe someone like Frank Carter from The Getaway.
max.thunder wrote:Why not make a game entirely focusing on Jones?
I think they should have him as a proper playable character for the next game. If they keep the whole shift thing then they could do it so you can switch between him and Tanner at some points during the game.
max.thunder wrote:Maybe Tanner is sometimes ruthless with his methods but for me was one of the few guys in sandbox games seeking justice and fighting for a better world while risking his life (like Olanov said, like real cops). That's because Tanner has so many fans and is some kind a role model.

You might like it or not but for me Tanner isn't comparable to any superhero because Tanner's doesn't have any special habilities, maybe he's good at driving, only that, but he's vulnerable as other people he's trying to save or arrest.
Tanner kills innocent people all the time. And I’m not talking about when the player drives a car and runs over pedestrians, he does it all the time during cutscenes. They’re not even bad guys… what Tanner does has absolutely nothing to do with real police work. It’s fiction and clichés, nothing more ;)
What the hell was thinking the dev who made the cutscene?

He could point the gun, arrest him and send him to live a better life in the north but instead he killed him.

Another fail, Jericho is near a bald guy and later he gets shot, but he isn't wearing his leather coat.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]