Vote for many "Driver Related" things in here :)

Which Tanner did you like the most?

Driver: You are the Wheelman
19%
Driver 2
44%
DRIV3R
25%
Driver: San Francisco
13%
By Fireboyd78
Out of all the Tanner's in the DRIVER series, which one was your favorite? Was it the young and upcoming Tanner from Driver 1? Or what about Michael Madsen's Tanner in DRIV3R? Let us know!
By Coyote
Driver 2 Tanner because of his haircut and the way he dresses :P But I do like the Driver: SF Tanner a lot too. If he was dressed like Driver 2 Tanner, he would most likely be my favourite.

I thought Driver 3 Tanner as he appeared in the final version, looked a bit embarrassing. They made him look like a douche :P
Maybe partially due to me loving the first game and the fact the first Driver is partially based on the movie with the same name (Tanner itself and The Interview) but I go with D1's Tanner. D2's Tanner is a really, really close second.
By Coyote
Which clothes was that? I remember during cutscenes he had a dark green coat and dark green pants, but during a few scenes I believe, or maybe only during the last cutscene in the garage, with the president, he wore an orange pullover and some blue jeans. He looked like a pedestrians in that scene :P And he had an ugly face that didn't look like Tanner either, more like an HD-pedestrian :P Always found this so weird…
By Coyote
max.thunder wrote:
Fab2cent wrote:definitely Driv3r's Tanner, he was so Badass!!
(Y)
max.thunder wrote:I think that T.K. in 1978 era was more embarrassing than Tanner in Driv3r

Seriously, Driver 3 Tanner wasn’t badass at all, he was simply embarrassing. It couldn’t get any worse with his ultra-low, trying-hard-to-sound-frightening voice and his douchebag look. When we were 11 we thought it was cool, now that we know what the world really looks like, it clearly isn’t anymore :lol:

But I’m pretty sure the kids that play Emergency Heroes and COP: The Recruit find the characters in those games to be totally badass as well. It’s really pretty much the same effect.
By Coyote
You think? I do like Michael Madsen as an actor in movies, but now when I look back at Driver 3, the voice is just so exaggerated, I’m even pretty sure that it isn’t his original voice, but that it was low-pitched, hence why it sounds so artificial. Obviously when I was younger I found it cool as well, it was just part of it I guess :D
By Fab2cent
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
When i was 11 i thought he was badass, and i do now 2 :) These are the two scenes that i think made D3 Tanner look badass to me, maybe its just the music or something but they are so awesome to me.
By Coyote
Hmm still not convinced, even worse now actually :D Baccus runs like a crazy, but Tanner obviously doesn’t need that, he just spawns right behind him. He also has eyes in the back of his head apparently and knows that Baccus will drag something out of his jacket :P Is he a super hero maybe?
By Fab2cent
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
hahaha, OK u obviously don't like the driv3r tanner. your opinion :) , BTW the 1st video is the wrong 1 :oops:

this is the one i wanted to show (my favorite cut scene in the game)
Olanov wrote:I'm not going to lie, his looks were very wrong in D3 but Michael Madsen did a great job with the voice acting.
I agree Olavi.
By Coyote
Fab2cent wrote:hahaha, OK u obviously don't like the driv3r tanner.
Correct! :D
Fab2cent wrote:

And now I like him even less haha ;) But it’s not even really Tanner that I don’t like, just the whole scenery. The way he enters the room and you just see his silhouette, then how he coms closer (in the darkness), and his face lightens up out of the darkness :D It’s like a really bad budget movie that’s trying to look serious, those filming “tricks” or techniques are simply cheap and overused.
And I hate his uber-cool lines, “If I came here to kill you, you’d be dead” mister super dangerous, if you came here to kill him the 20 people standing outside would have shot you. Which then actually happens for a lot of players when they start the mission :lol:

Let’s say it’s just all not very serious.
Coyote wrote:Hmm still not convinced, even worse now actually :D Baccus runs like a crazy, but Tanner obviously doesn’t need that, he just spawns right behind him. He also has eyes in the back of his head apparently and knows that Baccus will drag something out of his jacket :P Is he a super hero maybe?
In that scene he doesn't have a way to escape, that's why Tanner is walking in a relaxing way there, he probably already knew that the alleway has no exit. He don't have eyes in the back, he has EARS, when you pull the keys of the pocket you make some noise, but in the cutscene it isn't heard, a fail of editing right there. Although i agree that there was no sense of killing Baccus, that was just brutal.
By Coyote
Yeah but if he hears the keys, it’s not the same sound as if he would hear the gun :P You wouldn’t hear that I think. Also, he didn’t even walk there. He just spawned there haha! And obviously he knew there was no way out of the alley, the all-knowing-superTanner 8)
By Runo
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
ah I missed the poll... >.<

But yeah, my vote goes for Driver 2's Tanner, he looks so cool in there. 8)
Badass dude.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]