Discussion for Driver: San Francisco (2011)
By madness
Driver: Working Title (FAQ)

Last Update: 20th October 2007

Well it's that time where I believe we will need an FAQ Thread. I'll be updating this thread whenever there is any new news on the game.

FAQ:

07/03/07 * Reflections hires a storyboard artist for their next generation game also confirming that these games are being developed for Xbox360 and PlayStation 3.
14/10/07 * Reflections new title will most likely have a solid online feature due to the hiring of an Online Designer who is responsible of the Online Functionality of the next driver game.
20/10/07 * Some more news just in that there is going to be a very high chance of online being featured in the upcoming driver title as Ubisoft Reflections Human Resources Department are looking for some Network Programmers.

NEWS:

* Looking for a Job?
* Ubisoft Speaks!

Whenever there is any new news check the title and you'll see a different date, if that is the case come back up to this post and there will be some new news for you to enjoy.

If you have found out any new news please post it below and I'll add it asap.
Last edited by madness on Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I liked that Driv3r had 3 cities- it really captured the envirement. I did not like Driver4- the music and and voilence was over the top and it was not neccesary to have so much swearing. 1 city was not enough. Also I hope to see the return of destructible cars- in driver 3 there would be parts of car everywhere, in driver 4 the car stayed in 1 mass after blowing up. Also the key addition of swimming/boating was missed greatly in driver 4. Tanner and his partner will hopefully make a comeback in Driver 5, there not too old. The day/night timer in driver 4 was innovative but too fast- the driver 3 way was much better. In Driver 5 I hope to see Maimi back and at least another city with building you can walk into. Hopefully there will be a feature where u can make movies! that was one of the best things of driver 3! I just got a PS3 today an I hope to play a good driver game on it.
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I just got a PS3 today an I hope to play a good driver game on it.
I'm sure we all wish for this.
Also i think we may have decided against calling Parrallel lines Driver 4.
By Coyote
Yeh, I agree. We aren't sure that the next Driver is Driver 4, but we are sure that Driver Parallel Lines isn't Driver 4, even if it's the fourth.
By Crevlthe
Registration Days Posts
Driver: Parallel Lines isn't really Driver 4; quote from wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driver:_Parallel_Lines

"Many people think that Driver: Parallel Lines and Driver 4 are the same game but this is wrong, in a 1UP video interview production manager Gareth Edmondson answers the question "This isn't Driver 4, right ?" with the straightforward response
By Coyote
LOL that's from Moonchild and me :lol:
By madness
Yeah, well Driver: Parallel Lines pretty much NOT driver: 4.
Except in the early stages of design when the game didn't even have a name it was referred to as driver 4.

I remember peering over some legal documents between Atari and Martin Edmondson, they referred to the current game in development as Driver: 4.
By Daltarin-Elite
Considering Driver made a small drive into the GTA region, i think we can take from the example of rockstar that the next driver game WILL BE DRIVER 4, Or perhaps something else such as DRIVER: PERPINDICULAR LINES or some crap like that. BUT NOT DRIVER 5!

GTA went from GTA3 to vice city and then san andreas, before returning to the number system. Stands to reason since reflections wants a bite of the GTA market, they may copy trends followed by GTA.

However, i beleive it will only be DRIVER 4 if the game follows the storyline of Tanner and Jericho.

If it is a seperate storyline then the game will be called DRIVER: INSERT ABRITRUARY NAME HERE!

Lets see how my prediction plays out opun further details.
By DriverKid
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
We don't know the title of the game yet, but we have seen some screens off BBC that show some non-real vehicles. That's as far as we've gotten. I'd give a link, except I can't remember where I heard about it. I'm sure it was on Ubisoft's forums though.
By Daltarin-Elite
One of the articles i looked at, where a BBC guy said they were developing the Next Driver game, and that people should beleive him because he's in the studio infront of a screen playing a driving game... WTF?

It was parallel lines on the screen.

But please do correct me for basing this comment on that small article cause the videos from the links never loaded for me.
By Coyote
Check out the first news for the video and pictures : http://www.driver-4.com.

Yea, at the beginning the guy was playing DPL and the other guy from BBC said that Reflections is working on a completely new version of this game. Completely new version of what ? Driver : PL ? And we've seen an old car, from the 70s ( the green one ) and a new red sports car from today. What is this going to be ? DPL : 2 ?
By Miller
I must be going blind -- well, I am a little, but I can't really read the stuff on the page that link is to, man. On my screen it looks like dark gray text on a black background. (I am using WinXP and Internet Explorer 7.)

[quote="Daltarin-Elite"]Considering Driver made a small drive into the GTA region, i think we can take from the example of rockstar that the next driver game WILL BE DRIVER 4, Or perhaps something else such as DRIVER: PERPINDICULAR LINES or some crap like that. BUT NOT DRIVER 5!
By madness
madness wrote:Driver: Working Title (FAQ)

Last Update: 20th October 2007

Well it's that time where I believe we will need an FAQ Thread. I'll be updating this thread whenever there is any new news on the game.

FAQ:

07/03/07 * Reflections hires a storyboard artist for their next generation game also confirming that these games are being developed for Xbox360 and PlayStation 3.
14/10/07 * Reflections new title will most likely have a solid online feature due to the hiring of an Online Designer who is responsible of the Online Functionality of the next driver game.
20/10/07 * Some more news just in that there is going to be a very high chance of online being featured in the upcoming driver title as Ubisoft Reflections Human Resources Department are looking for some Network Programmers.

NEWS:

* Looking for a Job?
* Ubisoft Speaks!

Whenever there is any new news check the title and you'll see a different date, if that is the case come back up to this post and there will be some new news for you to enjoy.

If you have found out any new news please post it below and I'll add it asap.
This FAQ News thread needs updating, anyone interested in helping out!
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]