Discussion for Driver: San Francisco (2011)
By DarkSergiy
Registration Days Posts
Guys, I wonder if someone of you could make normal cars on DSF explode. I have seen a video with someone that made the dodge challenger explode, but he didn't put it in download. Maybe we can do a mod like that?
By Skylabh
It was done on the mac version. Anyway he never had the intention to put the modified files to download. At least it would have allowed us to understand how he did it. From what he said in the video, he retrieved explosion data from unlicensed vehicles.
By Skylabh
Yes i remember it, but at the time of the video from who you know, and like i said, he never had the intention to explain how he did. But now things have changed lol.
By VAIMAHDO
Apparently vehicle manufacturing companies become offended when they see their vehicles get virtually damaged. It's ridiculous, are they afraid of realism?
By VAIMAHDO
Then they're a bunch of paranoid idiots. I mean it's basic science, anything can be completely torn to bits.
By Olanov
What are you talking about? It's not that they're paranoid, it's that they don't want their cars to be blown to bits. Why do you think they made up the ASYM's for those specific scenes?
By DatDirtyBananas
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
PostalDude wrote:
DatDirtyBananas wrote:It's funny how you can mangle the cars, yet having them explode is 2much4them :lol:
Licensing agreement(s). You can't really "mangle" them either. Doors can't fall off and roofs can't be damaged at all.
what about Midnight Club and LA Noire? Also Need For Speed
By Olanov
DatDirtyBananas wrote:what about Midnight Club and LA Noire? Also Need For Speed
I don't remember for all the MC games, personally, but I know for sure in LA Noire or Need For Speed, you can't competely f**k up the cars to a point where they would blow up. In a lot of Need for Speed games especially the damage is VERY simplistic and minor.
By PostalDude
Midnight Club up until 3 - no licensed vehicles (unless you count the two Zender Fact 4 concepts in MCSR)
3 and LA - doors can't fall off, no roof damage, vehicles don't explode, although you can total them by crashing into gas pumps.
NFS, scratches and cracked windows up until Pro Street, then cars had actual dents and bumpers falling off. Still no doors falling off or roofs being caved in. HP2010, The Run, MW2012 and Rivals have no detaching panels whatsoever.
LA Noire - doors can fall off, but no roofs being caved in. Doors can fall off due to the fact every car in the game is either from a defunct manufacturer or is a model the manufacturer doesn't make anymore/have trademarked.
By DarkSergiy
Registration Days Posts
Guys, i think we can simply extract the explosion files from unlicensed cars with using the lua decompiler program thingy...
By Fireboyd78
It's very easy to change a bit of Lua code to make the cars explode. I would release an "Explosion Mod" but I'm afraid I don't have the time these days. The tool I used is floating around here, maybe someone else can make one?
By PostalDude
CarLuver69 wrote:It's very easy to change a bit of Lua code to make the cars explode. I would release an "Explosion Mod" but I'm afraid I don't have the time these days. The tool I used is floating around here, maybe someone else can make one?
Uh, you made one, remember? Or are you playing dumb and pretending that you never modded DSF because you're afraid Ubisoft will send you a C&D if you disclose anything?
EDIT:nvm now I remember.
By the kid 78
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
PostalDude wrote:
CarLuver69 wrote:It's very easy to change a bit of Lua code to make the cars explode. I would release an "Explosion Mod" but I'm afraid I don't have the time these days. The tool I used is floating around here, maybe someone else can make one?
Uh, you made one, remember? Or are you playing dumb and pretending that you never modded DSF because you're afraid Ubisoft will send you a C&D if you disclose anything?
EDIT:nvm now I remember.
If am in his place I will release it under a couple of profiles and let them send a C&D to the moon :)

Just make sure you use proxies and VPN's.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]