Discussion for Driver: San Francisco (2011)
By Steerclear
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
It's 3am here in the UK, and I have just found another interesting (I think it's interesting ) glitch for Driver SF. I have managed to make a glitch where basically you get a car and you can make it stay in one spot. But, I can do it to multiple cars, I can also line them up, put them where ever I want and they'll stay there. In order to do the glitch though can take a less than 5 minutes (if done correctly) but it does mean you can end up setting up ramp trucks where ever you want. If anyone's interested, I'll make a video for only Driver Madness later this week to show how it's done.....Anyway, time for bed.
By Wheels
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
YES. PLEASE.
By Steerclear
Good to hear some people are interested. Here's a video of them parked and showing you that you can set them up.
This was from last night, but I didn't originally record how it was done, as I was trying to figure out how I did it in the first place.
By RacingFreak
Okay.. I don't get it, does this work on the PC version? I tried following your steps exactly (doing this three times), and on the third by shifting away to another copcar and then back to another of the glitched ones... after that when I shift to random traffic car nothing happens! Quite frustrated as either I can't get it to work properly or something else.

Any help will be appreciated, this is one awesome glitch either way :specialdriver:
By Steerclear
RacingFreak wrote:Okay.. I don't get it, does this work on the PC version? I tried following your steps exactly (doing this three times), and on the third by shifting away to another copcar and then back to another of the glitched ones... after that when I shift to random traffic car nothing happens! Quite frustrated as either I can't get it to work properly or something else.

Any help will be appreciated, this is one awesome glitch either way :specialdriver:
Erm right, what I'm going to say now might be long winded, but here goes.

The glitch was done on PC. I did try it on Xbox but it didn't work. Now, on PC, I haven't completed story mode yet, so I don't know if it has anything to do with that. (Because on Xbox I have completed it)
I will write the glitch down here again, in case I didn't explain it properly in the video.

1. Do the quick shift cop chase glitch 3 times, so you end up with 3 cop cars roaming the city which are highlighted on the map, and have a damage bar above them etc.
2. Once you have done that, shift away from that 3rd cop car and shift into any vehicle. Then shift out of that vehicle, choose another one*, and then leave that one and shift into another one. The * vehicle should have that damage bar above it etc, and you should be able to put it anywhere without it driving away.
3. From now on the glitch will work alternatively eg: Car 1 will not stop. Car 2 will stop. Car 3 will not stop. Car 4 will stop. etc
4. This can get mixed up if you shift back into one of the glitched cars.
:) Hope that helps, and I hope it works for you!

Update: Ok, I did some main story missions (3 in fact) and have found that the glitch now doesn't work. I'm going to see if it's something to do with starting a new chapter. As I hadn't done any missions (originally) at the start of Chapter 6. So, when I get to chapter 7 I'm going to see if it works at the start of it.

Update 2: It appears to work at the start of chapters (well it did it for me at the start of chapters 6 & 7)
By RacingFreak
You're absolutely right! It simply doesnt work after you've done missions after. I've just managed to do it after 3 hours trying :shock: in the very beginning of Chapter 6. But it finally worked out :specialdriver:
Image thumbnail

You're truly epic, finding those glitches and sharing us to enjoy. Thank you! (Y)
By Steerclear
RacingFreak wrote:You're absolutely right! It simply doesnt work after you've done missions after. I've just managed to do it after 3 hours trying :shock: in the very beginning of Chapter 6. But it finally worked out :specialdriver:
Image thumbnail

You're truly epic, finding those glitches and sharing us to enjoy. Thank you! (Y)
No problem, glad I can share them! :) By the way, I did the glitch at the start of chapter 7 and if I do the quick shift glitch 3 times like normal, then every car I shift into will stop moving. However, if I do the glitch just once, it'll do it to each alternative car. It doesn't make sense, but that's what it seems to do!
By RacingFreak
Very nice, I will see if I can find something else as I have free the following days. But it seems the limit is likey 20 cars globally (crashed twice so far by reaching about 20). This sucks :( but atleast not so bad limit anyway. Can you confirm it crashed to you too?
By VAIMAHDO
Huh I just got an idea. Isn't there some code laying around that controls traffic density? Or shall I say, the maximum amount of vehicles that spawn and at a certain rate? If we can change the limits, we could have so many cars that we will have realistic traffic problems! :mrgreen: "Allright gentlemen, looks like we need a big rig for todays traffic." :wink:
By Steerclear
RacingFreak wrote:Very nice, I will see if I can find something else as I have free the following days. But it seems the limit is likey 20 cars globally (crashed twice so far by reaching about 20). This sucks :( but atleast not so bad limit anyway. Can you confirm it crashed to you too?
Yeah it crashed. Don't know how many cars it did it at, but it was probably the same.
By Steerclear
TheEngiGuy wrote:Wow, nice find! I'm expecting spectacular film director videos.
Well, here's one I did not long after I found the glitch, I'm currently working on another one though.
By Steerclear
It has just been confirmed (by me) that the glitch works on 'New Game Plus' on the Xbox 360. It'll probably work on PS3 too & PC
By Fab2cent
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
does it have to be chapter 6? thats a problem
By VAIMAHDO
Steerclear wrote:
TheEngiGuy wrote:Wow, nice find! I'm expecting spectacular film director videos.
Well, here's one I did not long after I found the glitch, I'm currently working on another one though.
That was awesome
By Steerclear
Fab2cent wrote:does it have to be chapter 6? thats a problem
Erm, it can be done on Chapter 7 too. You have to do the glitch 3x on chapter 6 and only once on chapter 7.

Thanks Darkproductions00, glad you liked it!
By Steerclear
Sorry for bumping an oldish topic, but I came back here because I realised that I didn't show a full tutorial, if anyone's still actually interested in doing the glitch, or just want to see what other updates there are, the video below should help. Also, something I found out a while after doing the video, you can also do the glitch at the start of Chapter 2. ( Do the the glitch twice) :)
[youtube]
[/youtube]
By Fab2cent
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Does anybody have a chapter 6 save file i can use?!?! sorry for the bump but i want to make ramp cars stay still :)
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]