Discussion for Driver: San Francisco (2011)
By Coyote
I'm starting this thread to post about all sorts of findings that anyone finds in the DSF files or anywhere else.

Something really exciting that I just found: the script for the E3 presentation, basically every single action is written in here. I always knew it was pre-programmed because Martin often wasn't look at what's happening and towards the end, when the truck crashes the mustang, it's a different camera (often not even on the Mustang) so it would make it hard to drive. I knew he wasn't really playing :D
The traffic however does sometimes vary.

Wow but it would be so cool to "play" this in the game. Basically to let it play. I'm not sure what can be done with this, I think nothing. But it's cool to see this.

A very long time ago I also found the dev menu, you can see it in one video very shortly, it says "dev menu" in very small writing above the Driver logo. I'm not sure what it allows you to do, perhaps it's just remains what I found, I sadly did not find how to activate it.

And together with the dev menu I had also found the film director mode — for online :D There's a video where you see it in action and where they talk about it, sadly it wasn't included in the final game. This totally sucks because we could have played and recorded real movies (or our own movies) and also watched our matches again. So many matches that I had were a complete massacre, I'd have loved to watch them again, every little single action, in slow motion, with different cameras. Too bad!
By Coyote
It's weird how they leave all these things, don't you think? I mean this space could be used for plenty of other things. Weird. I always thought space was something precious, especially since the same content has to be packed on a Blue Ray for consoles, but apparently they have more than enough space on them these days.

I'm wondering how it would be possible to enable any of that again? BTW I forgot to say, this script is encrypted for me too so it's pretty much useless. Unless someone has some HEX skills, it would be so cool to see it play in real-time :D
By Coyote
YEP! When you drive with the Range Rover, you will usually always get the Charger's as a cop car. Weirdly enough I've noticed this CV cruising around sometimes, always around the same area, around the same time.

I was trying to show it to another player (we played this match just to search for that car) but he couldn't see it, he was just seeing a Charger instead.

Yesterday I had another match where I suddenly found a Charger cruising on a highway, when we all had CV's. Plus, cop cars don't cruise around!

I thought it was a glitch, but apparently it isn't since only I can see that. Who knows, it might be the result of random stuff that I have modified :D Too bad you can't drive these however, they will always morph in the police car that you get at the start of the match. Would be so cool driving in a CV when everyone else has Chargers. Or even better, in an Escalade :P I hate that we have all the same cars, in the beta version you were apparently able to choose your starting car.
By Olanov
Aw man...

I do wish we would be able to pick the starting car. I always thought restricting to just one squad car was dumb. They should've also made it so everytime you warp into another car that turns into a cop car, the driver inside it would turn into a police officer instead of staying as a civvie.

Maybe even the ASYM cop car. ;~;
By Coyote
Oh and in fact there used to be actual cops sitting inside! I have a video about the beta coming up soon actually, I've started working almost a year ago on it but there's constant new stuff that arrives that I want to include.

And yes it definitely does suck. Probably it was done for equality amongst players, but at least for private games they could have let us! When I got the game the first time I loved how there was so many different cop cars, how you would see an Escalade, a CV and a Charger all one besides each other in a single chase. In previous Driver games you always only had one cop car model chasing you, so I thought this was cool!
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]