Discussion for Driver: San Francisco (2011)
By cleone
How do you make Wikipedia pages? I have been trying to make one for DrIVer: Russia.
By T.K.
I don't think your game needs one. It just needs finishing.
By Nikusakken
What's wrong? Everything.

I mean, first, there's already Wikipedia page for the next Driver, it just redirects to the Driver series page. Second, the tone of writing of the page is pretty much wrong ("we", "you", that's not allowed).

Also, it's all based on rumours. We don't know that it'll be called "The Recruit". Plus many things are based on the e-mail that you sent to Mustard Corp. and Nimrod and your Driver fansite. There would be a link to the e-mail that you sent; however all these info should have been released in a famous site like GameSpot or IGN, and that's not the case.

Same goes to the "Announcements", it says that it might be shown in the GamesCom Cologne 2009. However, it says might, so means a rumour, and on Wikipedia there can't be any rumour.

And no chris, your game doesn't need a page because of notability. If your game had some info in sites like GameSpot or IGN. If they did a preview or referenced your game in a "news" page, then fine, but that's not the case.

Please, don't get me wrong. It's how Wikipedia works. If they had a different politicy, then fine, but that's not the case. This is why we need our own Driver Wiki, to put stuff and so on.
By emmetmcl
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Chris, you have to create an account there first.

Then, what I do anyway, is search for something, if there is no exact result then it should say that you can create a page for it yourself.

Then, what I do is, in another tab search for something (I searched for wheat) and then at the top of the page click on 'edit this page'.

Then just use the proper article as a template by either copying and pasting or just looking at it.

Then, just type your own stuff.

About 2 or 3 weeks ago, I couldn't do anything, now I can do most things... wrongly it seems though. :)
By madness
chrisl121212 wrote:How do you make Wikipedia pages? I have been trying to make one for DrIVer: Russia.
Don't bother doing this, it'll get a pending deletion status in minutes of submitting it. Since they'll deem it unimportant or uninteresting. It's like developing your own Wikipedia page about you with your real name and your photo
Nick Brasil wrote:What's wrong? Everything.

I mean, first, there's already Wikipedia page for the next Driver, it just redirects to the Driver series page. Second, the tone of writing of the page is pretty much wrong ("we", "you", that's not allowed).

Also, it's all based on rumours. We don't know that it'll be called "The Recruit". Plus many things are based on the e-mail that you sent to Mustard Corp. and Nimrod and your Driver fansite. There would be a link to the e-mail that you sent; however all these info should have been released in a famous site like GameSpot or IGN, and that's not the case.

Same goes to the "Announcements", it says that it might be shown in the GamesCom Cologne 2009. However, it says might, so means a rumour, and on Wikipedia there can't be any rumour.

And no chris, your game doesn't need a page because of notability. If your game had some info in sites like GameSpot or IGN. If they did a preview or referenced your game in a "news" page, then fine, but that's not the case.

Please, don't get me wrong. It's how Wikipedia works. If they had a different politicy, then fine, but that's not the case. This is why we need our own Driver Wiki, to put stuff and so on.
What nick said :).
By emmetmcl
Will the WIKI ever be launched again?
By emmetmcl
Whats the URL?
By emmetmcl
Yeah, thanks, I found it.

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]