Discussion for Driver: San Francisco (2011)
By Coyote
Would also be cool if you can film from Tanner's car and show how he shoots to the back (or to the front...).
madness wrote: And allows you to blow millions of holes in your vehicle.
Till it explodes!

Kaa... BOOM!*!%!&!%!&
No I think this is not good ... I prefered the way cars explosed in Driv3r as in DPL. In Driv3r you can make as much holes as you want, in DPl you can't cause it doesn't care where you shoot on the car, afetr a moment it explodes. In Driv3r it explodes only if you shoot at the engine.
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
No I think this is not good ... I prefered the way cars explosed in Driv3r as in DPL. In Driv3r you can make as much holes as you want, in DPl you can't cause it doesn't care where you shoot on the car, afetr a moment it explodes. In Driv3r it explodes only if you shoot at the engine.
True, but it is not entirely bad, the cars are still reseaonably resistant.
By Driver-4.com
Registration Days Avatar
Hello, we are coming to pick-up Drivermadness's Wishlists for Driver-4.com, we need so many wishes as possible from so many fans as possible ! Can we take them ?

Driver-4.com
By madness
I'm not sure if anyone should mind, if you ever don't forget the wishlists topic. :P and don't forget to credit the inventor of that idea.
By madness
The person who created the original idea.
By Daltarin-Elite
Yeah, but the only problem is, that the instant we put our full ideas of things on the net, we instantly give away any real rights to it, unless we copyrite it before it goes on... but i dont think any one has.
By madness
Daltarin-Elite wrote:Yeah, but the only problem is, that the instant we put our full ideas of things on the net, we instantly give away any real rights to it, unless we copyrite it before it goes on... but i dont think any one has.
Thats something I have thought about a little bit so I went around to find this.

You should take a look at some of these
Creative Commons
Breif Intro
Australian Copyrrite Info
By Daltarin-Elite
Yeah thanks, i'll take a look at that soon.
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Some online wishes...(A bull shark testosterone injected reimagining of my Driver 4.com post since this topic has been too quiet for too long)

In a best case scenario, I would want the next Driver game to have dedicated servers instead of player hosted servers but with the game being multiplatform that almost assuredly will not be the case. There will always be some matches or rooms that will be a lag fest but that's easy to work around as a player. So what's the next best thing? Servers that are working 100% on the day of release. Naturally. It would seem like an important and obvious thing but you'd be surprised how many games are online cripples during their release. A lot of games that I have bought in the past few months have had some problems, RSV 2 (Ubisoft) was a complete and utter joke, GTA 4 didn't record online stats properly for the first 2 weeks, Turok would kick players from every god damn game and the issue still reigns true today, probably why few still play the damn game. A few games like Burnout Paradise and Mercenaries 2 have been good from the start so Ubisoft, pay up and take notice.

I've been playing Burnout and Mercs 2 a lot and I must say, the drop in/drop out mechanic is excellent and I remember reading a article on DPL saying that the online for the game would be a quick transition that would require no lobbies so hopefully that idea is realized and improved for the next Driver game.

In terms of modes I'd like to see:

Quick Chase and Quick Getaway for 2 players
Destruction Derby for 8-12 players
Circuit/Street races/Checkpoint races for 6 (or so) players
A Cops and Robbers mode
Capture the Flag Mode
Old School Driver Survival for 2-4 players where everyone is being hunted by the cops.

If the on-foot animations and general control are tweaked and a cover system is included then standard deathmatch and team deathmatch should be included. Depending on how many missions there are, co-op could be possible as well...
A free roam or Take a Ride mode where say jumps or collectibles from the single player campaign can be acquired by both players to their respective game saves. This would be the screw around and do anything area where random people or friends could just play.

The host should have the option of time limit, size of area (the whole city or just a piece) and there must be by law, mic support.
With me being a statistics whore and all I want a proper ranking system. GTA 4's is badly flawed so I think your score or rank should be based on time spent alive (where applicable) and K/D ratio (again, where applicable) with level advancements unlockables like unique cars and different clothes. Leaderboards would show stats from the above plus best times for all the racing/chase modes. Downloadable content could add more cars/clothes/or even modes to further increase replay value.

If the film director returns then Ubisoft and Reflections should rip off Team Ninja's recent "Ninja Cinema" feature from Ninja Gaiden 2. Basically you record gameplay and upload it to the sever where all who own the game can watch. I think that would be a great feature for Driver 4; it could turn into a youtube thing where people can rate and save the videos and whatnot.

Only problem would be space so it should be regulated to the point where those who play the game online a lot can upload dozens but new players or those that just aren
By madness
Moonchild wrote:If the film director returns then Ubisoft and Reflections should rip off Team Ninja's recent "Ninja Cinema" feature from Ninja Gaiden 2. Basically you record gameplay and upload it to the sever where all who own the game can watch. I think that would be a great feature for Driver 4; it could turn into a youtube thing where people can rate and save the videos and whatnot.

Only problem would be space so it should be regulated to the point where those who play the game online a lot can upload dozens but new players or those that just aren’t that good can't upload any. Or after a period (every week perhaps) the highest rated videos get kept for share on the server while everything else returns to there respective creators. Another situation could have Ubisoft creating a website made specifically for all the videos kind of like how EA uses EA Sports World for all of the madden/Fifa highlights.
Driver 3 on XBOX Live had a mode where you could chat with friends and share user-created replays. I haven't tried it yet, and don't know if it works anymore. But anyone can upload videos and they remain there forever.

From what I’ve read, users can upload their replays and anyone can download them from a fairly large list.

If replays are just a coordinates files (like in D1, D2, D3) that can only be played while the game is on. Then the file-size should be fairly small. Driv3r's 3 minute replays where something like 30kb. I think with next-generation consoles Reflections will make the replay files more sophisticated, particularly so they don't glitch like they did in Driv3r. Thefor they we’ll probably reach 500kb for a 3 min replay vs. 15mb you tube quality replay.

So server storage/bandwidth should never be a problem.
Moonchild wrote: Old School Driver Survival for 2-4 players where everyone is being hunted by the cops.
An interesting one I haven't herd anyone mention before. The person who survives longest out of the two to four players wins.

Prehaps, team survival as well.
Where you have to help your opponent survive the cops.

Unfortuanatly I've never played "Online", I have however played via. LAN. Unfortuantly none of my internet access allows this. So I'm fairly un-experienced with online play.

Although it's basically the same as LAN.
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
madness wrote:Driver 3 on XBOX Live had a mode where you could chat with friends and share user-created replays. I haven't tried it yet, and don't know if it works anymore. But anyone can upload videos and they remain there forever.
I never knew that, it just goes to show how advanced XBOX Live was in terms of online structure for it its time. I guess if file sizes would be that small then yeah, there shouldn
By Nikusakken
You mean a smaller, but more detailed and realistic city, right? Like in GTA 4, that had a smaller, but much more detailed and realistic city this time. Sellers in the street, name of the streets, pedestrians talking and using mobile phones, eating and stuff like that, right?
By bb_42001
i know its a driving game but it would be awesome if you could fly a plane

bb42001

Noodles

By madness
I actually thought the way cities looked in "True Crime" games was pretty bad. A; the buildings looked they where used a million times and the detail wasn't the greatest but was passable.

Now I could be letting gameplay experiences get in the way, vehicle handing and gameplay didn't feel right. The cities were very large which I thought was an interesting concept to follow, I've always enjoyed exploring places rather than having a larger variety of cars.

But when I say that, I mean more variety in possibilities of performing interesting stunts that couldn't be achieved on a small map without it feeling everything has been placed like that on purpose.

I was walking home the other day, like I do everyday for about 30-40mins and I noticed this large pile of sand on the side of the road. It was shaped like a ramp and a car could use it on the road with the possibility of ending up on the roof of the house. Seriously, because the house was much lower than the road. I wished I could do that in driver.

Being a big fan of large environments, you can tell I'm also in for more interesting and varied environments. I piratically liked driv3r having three separate places to drive around.

However Driver: Parallel Lines was great with the fact you don't have to load up an entire front end to change maps all time. However, like mentioned before including much more country side will help.

New York is a well populated, well known place. Perhaps something not as well known, something under populated, something dull, rusty like a small town where plays can explore lots of outback areas with long straight roads where players can use there cars at full speed using NOS speeding between cars.

Driver has been more about car chase experiences in urban streets, I think we need car chases with an outback style, straight long roads and I've noticed there are a lot of freeways out there in certain areas.

I recently watched, The Junkman. A movie created by the people who created the original Gone in 60 seconds and it's got some pretty interesting outback scenes reflections should consider implementing into the game.

Going back to the days of Stuntman, there were some pretty good outback action sequences too. I also think Reflections should use Google Maps Street View and spend lots of time looking into cities investigating their aesthetics.

I recon Utah would be a great place to have in the next driver game. It feels like it's got a fairly large variaty, also moving away from that urban feel. It's also something no other game developers have ever tried in a game that features driving. As long as they get the mountains looking in propotion it'll look amazing.

and don't they have salt lake city there, I remember seeing it in The Fastest Indian. It was used to drive interesting motorcycle like things as fast as they could possibly go on the salt lakes which is a very large flat plane.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
By madness
bb_42001 wrote:i know its a driving game but it would be awesome if you could fly a plane
I feel like saying, if you wanna fly a plane get Microsoft Flight Similator, it's as good as it's gonna get. Driver really isn't and should never attempt aircrafts.

I think we can make the tinyist exception for Boats and swimming so the character feels like it has some sort of freedom. But really reflections should go there.
By Miller
I like having boats in Driver. Motorcycles, too.
Moonchild wrote: So what I'm saying is the next Driver doesn't need a crazy 500 mile landscape to traverse, it needs an environment that looks organic and is bustling with activity. I know that with the current technology that the next Driver will look better but when I look at the world of Mercenaries 2, it initially impresses but quickly turns into a been there done that. When I start to generally compare all free-roam games I find that the most memorable are the one that have interesting/varied environments or unique cinematic experiences so hopefully the next Driver follows suit.

[...plus a bunch of other stuff he wrote that I don't really feel like sifting through his previous posts to excerpt]
It sounds like this dude has a high threshold for sensory stimulation as well as an intellectual itch that is hard to scratch. I hope that does not make it too difficult to enjoy playing video games. Is there something about previous Driver games that is uninteresting or lacking in sufficient variety or cinematic feel? I never noticed that. Maybe that was not meant to be the implication, but I drew that inference from the phrasing.

Is there really a Driver game with 500 miles of space to drive around in, then? Which one is that, please? I don
By Nikusakken
Yeah, I like I said before. GTA IV had a much smaller city, however it was much more detailed and realistic city. They should do it in the next Driver aswell.
By Miller
Big and detailed would be cool to me. LOL!

I was looking online at Salt Lake City from above. For some reason, I expected there to be more development going up into the escarpment since the last time I was there. I guess it
By Miller
Sorry about the double post, but I was having some trouble getting my edit of the previous post to go through, so I tried this instead.

I guess that not only my memory of Salt Lake City is pretty weak (no surprise), but also was my recent (brief) search of online images of the place. Laziness, I guess
By Miller
I like the idea of having a "start recording" command that allows the player to decide when the replay will begin.
By Nikusakken
Miller wrote:I like the idea of having a "start recording" command that allows the player to decide when the replay will begin.
I liked it. So we can create a replay with the parts that we want.
By squeaky
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
bb_42001 wrote:i agree that we should have a smaller landscape.. nothing like GTA:SA
I've seen vids of GTA:SA. It doesnt look very big.

It would be nice to have gun shops. I would much prefer it over the D3R way of getting them. REPLACE THE MP5 WITH AN AK. It would also be nice to have a shooting system similar to SOCOM and COD, where the crosshairs move out as the accuracy decreases and you also have scopes, and you can adapt your weapons with silencers and stuff.

For the roaming environment, I'd like to see Fulton County, GA on the game (Thats where Atlanta is).
By AMC_Pacer_X
Registration Days Posts Avatar
Things I Want:

- Having to get gas
- A Rhapsody that actually looks like an AMC Pacer.
- More Storyline Missions
- More Vehicles
- More Secret Vehicles
By Miller
squeaky wrote: It would be nice to have gun shops.
They have gun shops in the total conversion mods for the Battlefield games that are based on the Vigilante 8 and Interstate driving combat games for PlayStation and PC. That is pretty cool. I liked that in Mafia, too.
By Nikusakken
Wow.... Vigilante 8... Good times when I used to play it...
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]