Discussion for Driver: San Francisco (2011)
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Yeah. i definatly think we need an entire state, that would actually be cool. Although i would go one better and say, an acurate model of the entire world that could be created with the help of all major developers, and then taken by each of them as a server or something and then they can sell portions to companies that didn't help the development. Then everyone can just take a section of the world that they want, and it is perfectly modeled, all the developers have to do is make the building interiors as they already have a true to life rendered version of everything in the world, they can then do minor updates as new buildings are made, and you can find where everything is because you recognise the city. how cool would that be.
By madness
This idea has come across my mind many times, and I wished it were possible however it takes so long to model the outside of a house, usually it takes around 6 hours per building, depending on how detailed it is. If it's detailed it could take a lot longer, a low poly character like the in game tanner would have taken about 10hours to create and the rendered ones in the fmv's would have taken a lot longer.

and I don't think we have enough capacity on blu-ray or hd dvd to hold such a large planet! Blu-Ray could probably fit 100square miles of proper city, a state would be a lot more unless they did what they did in driv3r and use the same textures throughout the city multiple times, I'd swear I never noticed it until I played around with an application which highlighted all the textures that are the same in the same colors and then when you really look you'll notice that the textures are the same. Just having a variety on a building of the same textures from other buildings can make it look very different if it's all randomized.
By Daltarin-Elite
Not the entire world on one disc just portions of the world. But it's just always there if they want to use it. And as long as they keep on top of the updates then that shouldn't take too long.
By Coyote
That sounds ridiculous, the entire world in a game …

No, ony a state ! :P
By Daltarin-Elite
I'm not saying use the whole world. I just mean they have a model of the whole world and all they have to do is take the section that they want to use and put it in the game.
By Coyote
Yeh, Microsoft Flight Simulator works like that.
By madness
I guess they could start building a world as part of a project for Google Earth or something like that. Google is big enough to start something like that, and they already have major landmarks and universities already modeled out.

But I don't think anything like that would happen for a while and you know how long it would take, it takes just 30hours to create a single vehicle and to build cities well there easier since there not as curved unless they were ultra realistic, but imagine the reflections team come over to your house to remodel it perfectly! :P and then go to the next doors house and remodel that to and then go on like that! It would takes ages though and I don't think we will see anything like that happenings in this lifetime any rate.

Maybe one day someone will invent a machine which will model everything you put inside it! that'll make things a lot easier.
By nitrored
mabey 1 state and 4 or 5 cities
By Coyote
lol did you read what he said ?!

Yeh of course that takes too long, but you said 30hours for a car. Well yeh, but that's the minimum. If the cars are relly ultra realistic they can take from 2-30 days work. A Gran Turismo 5 car takes a month to be modeled but of course for remaking the whole world it's not planed that the cars can be driven so there no handling to make, no accelerations, no steering, you know all that things …
By Daltarin-Elite
This is a wishlist though, so who cares if it's an unrealistic idea. The point is to come up with something crazy we'd like to see. I think the whole google moddelling for the world would be good. I think microsoft is going one better and all the major cities in the world are like a 3d model you can walk through and you can go and look inside a shop on the internet and buy things.
By Doc
Registration Days Posts Avatar
A whole state would be great but its a bit too big unless in Driver 5 your a long haul truck driver lol
By Coyote
Yeh but t could be a part of the state with a little town or some villages =)
By Daltarin-Elite
I still would like for Melbourne in Aussie, after going there L77 says it would be a great place for a driver game. And Moscow, allows for a bit of depth in the story. Miami... Tanners home. And Detroit, Motor city... This is a driving game, how do we leave it out?
By madness
When they created driv3r they where making sure they could choose cities with similar contrast. Miami and Nice, they added Istanbul as a wildcard for it's run down feel adding to the dark feel of the story.

It would be nice to see all those cities you mentioned but they seem too different.
By Coyote
By the way where are the screenshots from LA in Driv3r ?
By Daltarin-Elite
When, I get my full story up, these cities will make sense.
By Driver-4.com
Registration Days Avatar
You can send us your story and your cities per mail at 2004.coyote[at]gmail[dot]com if you want.
Replace [at] bye '@' and [dot] by a point.

The Driver-4.com Team
By Daltarin-Elite
I'm Gonna post it eventually. I'm actually trying to write it up now but keep getting distracted by new things popping up.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Driver-4.com wrote:You can send us your story and your cities per mail at 2004.coyote[at]gmail[dot]com if you want.

The Driver-4.com Team
What? That seems as if you are try to get around some kind of non-existant spam blocker. Why?
By Daltarin-Elite
Because he felt like it.
By madness
Lseven7 wrote:
Driver-4.com wrote:You can send us your story and your cities per mail at 2004.coyote[at]gmail[dot]com if you want.

The Driver-4.com Team
What? That seems as if you are try to get around some kind of non-existant spam blocker. Why?
Well year, Driver Madness's new spam blocker. Trying to block people who spam links in their first few posts.
Daltarin-Elite wrote:Because he felt like it.
Not really, as I said above.

The Driver-4.com Team
When you posted this I think you were still new to the site under 24hours but now your over 24hours! So you can post real links now!

Now lets get back on topic.
Maybe talking about
Coyote wrote:Hmm… :/

Driver 1 was 100% driving. I think 95% driving would be good, and the other 5% are when you change your car lol
I think there really should be 95% driving, yeah!
However I still think plays should have the freedom to use a weapon at anytime. Even if you only have to use the weapon once in all the missions it'll add to the freedom. Even though it's not used much it should be a well constructed part.

It adds to the freedom of making better movies with replays.
And allows you to blow millions of holes in your vehicle.
Till it explodes!

Kaa... BOOM!*!%!&!%!&
By Coyote
A thing wich is very important (for me) is the ability to shoot out of the window :P I was already dreaming about when I looked at the Driv3r box ! lol
But they should make more possibilities. For example to shoot at the back when someone is chasing you =)
Last edited by Coyote on Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By madness
In Driver: Parallel Lines you have a realistic shooting range out the window. Your unable to turn right around with the gun however in real life you couldn't do that, unless it really affected your driving, in a game like dpl if you looking his hand would probably be twisted mangled and bent right around.
By Coyote
Yeh I know but the view should automatically go to the back and that affects the driving cause you don't know what's in front of you :P
By Daltarin-Elite
In Driver: Parallel Lines you have a realistic shooting range out the window. Your unable to turn right around with the gun however in real life you couldn't do that, unless it really affected your driving, in a game like dpl if you looking his hand would probably be twisted mangled and bent right around
Yeh I know but the view should automatically go to the back and that affects the driving cause you don't know what's in front of you
Well you both have good points. Yes he wouldn't be able to see where to drive when facing the complete wrong way, but also as madness says his hand would be twisted around at a bad angle which would make any one swerve off the road. if you want realism there would be no control on the wheel when your hand is upside down and ninety degrees in the wrong direction, it would be very hard to pick it up as a skill.

I find driving hard enough as it is, having to keep the car straight on the road constantly looking left right and backwards for hazards reading road signs. There's a lot to take in, it ain't easy at first.

Anyway. Maybe you could just hang the gun out the window and shoot blind at whoever is chasing you.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Daltarin-Elite wrote: Anyway. Maybe you could just hang the gun out the window and shoot blind at whoever is chasing you.
Not a bad idea actually. You have the option of simply sticking the gun out the window backwards, with the camera still facing forwards, or actually turning backwards.

And i dont think it would be that hard to drive while looking out the window backwards with a gun. Apart from the fact that you have no idea where you are going and dont have your hands on the steering wheel. When i can be bothered ill go and sit in a car with the window down and see what i can do.
By Coyote
Yeh you can steer with one hand nd shoot at the back with the other one.

like in the game 'True Crime Streets of LA'

well here it's a convertible but tanner could shoot true the window at the back

and I think there shuld also by a slow motion thing in the game, like in NFS that gives you more time to react and to make a wonderfull stunt :P
By madness
Slow Motion also known as "Bullet Time" is becoming a more popular thing in gaming these days.

I think it would do pretty good in driver games, however in nfs when you press the button to do that slow motion thing it really effects the handling of the car, it's like the variables have completely change and you can turn so fast for the time speed reduction given.

As long as no handling is altered it should be a great audition to the next driver game.
By Coyote
okay cool :)

and what about the shooting ? :P
By madness
Well how is seems in True Crime it should be alright.
Would look like it's got a lot of action in it, especially for Film Director users.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]