Discussion for Driver: San Francisco (2011)
By madness
Sedans wrote:what iz an FMV?
A FMV is a "Full Motion Video" one of the Unique parts to The Driver Series.
In DRIVER the FMV's are the High Quality Cut Scenes when you see in between certain missions which pull the story togeather.

These High Quality cutscenes are Rendered with top of the range computers to look really good with very detailed animation.
By Sedans
You can still have FMV's with crated characters...

o alright fine, bring tanner back, but at least have some ways to personalize him, like different clothes or haircuts, i don't want tanner looking tha same throughout tha whole story line

Peace
By madness
Yeh, possibly some different clothing, 1 each city during story mode and you get to choose in Take A Ride mode.

But really cloths dosen't really seems like a car thing, which driver is all ment to be about.
D5 wrote:a lot more on-foot, like going into buildings, hotels, resturants, grocery stores, and houses
customizable characters, ex TK and switch to Tanner
more hidden cars to find
4 or 5 cities
more landmarks to go and see
A:I have to disagree; i didn't really like TK, but switching characters would just be un-realistic.
B: More hidden cars- OK
C: 4-5 cities, No way, unless, they were connected cities, like SA, with a countryside, i don't really like tha country, so it should be short rides through tha country.
By madness
I think they should have some really long bending roads around the country, and when it rains it should sometimes come down really hard and there would be a thick layer of water across the road and you should be able to splatch all the water over the other cars :lol:
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I would love to see a PC version!!!

With ubisoft converting ll to pc this looks really promising :D

[hr]
madness wrote:I think they should have some really long bending roads around the country, and when it rains it should sometimes come down really hard and there would be a thick layer of water across the road and you should be able to splatch all the water over the other cars :lol:
and do crazy spins/drifts in it :D
By madness
crazy spins and drifts would be nice :D
As long as it's keeped realistic.
By Sedans
lol, yea, we dont wanna be drifting and we miss our turn because we're drifting 20,000 feet. :lol:
By Lseven7
Sedans wrote:lol, yea, we dont wanna be drifting and we miss our turn because we're drifting 20,000 feet. :lol:
only in rainy weather :D
By Sedans
lol
By cars358
you should have planes and helicopters and boats and also i think it should be like a proper car like change the gears (if manual drive) or put it into drive (if automatic) and should have all the things a proper cat has gas would be kool and eating would be good. smoking and drinking
By Sedans
cars358 wrote:you should have planes and helicopters and boats and also i think it should be like a proper car like change the gears (if manual drive) or put it into drive (if automatic) and should have all the things a proper cat has gas would be kool and eating would be good. smoking and drinking
yea i guess except for manual transmission- hell no i dont want no manual.
By madness
manual cars begin to become annoying in many games.
I suggest having the option of Manual and automatic in the settings menu.
By cars358
well im pretty used to manual cos i am british. i guess your right tho it is annoying most of the time you should choose on options.
By madness
It's also feels different when your using a controler, it should be alright if your playing the game in a real car.

But I guess the experience is different for each separate person making it option would be a great idea.
By cars358
real cars should be on it yes what about who is starring in it
By madness
We should see Tanner again :D.
And I also think they should design a lot more cars, you know in Grand Trismo 4 they have just over 700 vehicles, imagine having that in Driver 5.
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
I too would like to see Tanner comeback but my main wish for Driver 5 would be a revamped vehicle damage system.

I don't want to see cars blow up in Driver 5 unless fire/gasoline and explosives are involved. If I take an assault rifle and unload 50 rounds into a car panel door nothing should happen to that car's performance. The only parts of the car that should be affected by gunfire are the engine and tires.

Car handling should be more similar to Driv3r than Parallel Lines and finally, bring back the Director and Survival modes.
By driver2fan10
Registration Days Posts Posts
I think they should have 500 and over vehicles
Have a big city that has alot of freeways with a bunch of different vehicles on it
They should make the damage look realistic. No guns.
You can hijack cars though
By madness
Yeh, the main thing that was exciting was the ability to hijack cars. I only remember being able to get out of vehicles in Driver 2 and since it was a old PS1 game it looked pretty not good and that was the blame of the slow console.

I really think they should have some sort of weaponry's only to use for blowing up cars and things like that. Of course you should be able to turn the gun on anyone however the guns should be keeped to an all time low in missions and when your onfoot there should be no gun activities which make people have to use guns, they should choose if they want this or not.

I think weapons can be great for blowing the sh*t out of vehicles and then taking a look at the damage without driving the car and being able to point the gun at another car while driving and checking out the holes in the windows and things like that.

Weapons can be driving related if they are designed and as long as the mission scripts are structured in the right way.
By cars358
i loved driver when it was first out it was awsome my big bro bought it for my birthday and i loved. driver2 was good too the idea oh hijacking other cars was great.
By driver2fan10
I got Driver first when Driver 2 was already gonna comeout. Then I played Driver 2 and I liked it alot because it had the same graphics as Driver but with alot more cars to drive!
By cars358
all my games i got are related to driving in some way i love to drive and i love driving games. :D
By madness
cars358 wrote:all my games i got are related to driving in some way i love to drive and i love driving games. :D
All my games are exactly the same too :D
Except for the few shooters which include -Max Payne and Doom III and there were also a few other types I had tried but nothing beats a driving game.

And today I bought a new video card and I was excited to see a car on it :P
However it was like one of those cars from the NFSU+ games and they have no damage and there not the best compared to the cars in Driver.
By Sedans
man i like gangsta games, like SA And Saints row, and oddly enough, after wat i heard about it MAFIA....but there is a HUGE exception for driver games
By cars358
madness wrote:
cars358 wrote:all my games i got are related to driving in some way i love to drive and i love driving games. :D
All my games are exactly the same too :D
Except for the few shooters which include -Max Payne and Doom III and there were also a few other types I had tried but nothing beats a driving game.

And today I bought a new video card and I was excited to see a car on it :P
However it was like one of those cars from the NFSU+ games and they have no damage and there not the best compared to the cars in Driver.
same here i have a few shooters and war games . i have desertstorm and matrix but i still think driving games are best
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Driving games are the best, no doubt, but I also got a boatload of RPG's like the Xenosaga series and action games like God Of War.
By driver2fan10
I have mostly games that ar driving or games that let you drive in them. I also have Merceneries which is a war game, but it lets you drive around in the city while there is a war it is cool to watch things blow up. I also have some other games, but they are mostly driving though.
By driver2fan10
I have mostly games that ar driving or games that let you drive in them. I also have Merceneries which is a war game, but it lets you drive around in the city while there is a war it is cool to watch things blow up. I also have some other games, but they are mostly driving though.
By cars358
yea i got some non driving games like you that has some driving like enter the matrix has some driving missions but i have loads of driving games
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]