Discussion for Driver: San Francisco (2011)
By Sedans
TheOldGamer wrote:Ain`t that a bit old topic? :|

Does anyone but you care?
By Miller
I am a real thread ruiner from way back. I think I have gotten better about it since -- when was this, two years ago? Yeah, I am definitely more on-topic these days...I think. LOL

Even back then I think I did a pretty good job of taking quotes from topics and responding to them in the Free-Chat section when it seemed like there was something OT to comment on, in this case to let someone know where he could find the feature he craved already in existence. One day, someone asked madness if he was moving stuff to the Free-Chat section. It was just me quoting people in that location so I would not be off-topic, too.

Speaking of which, my main wish for DRIVER: SAN FRANCISCO is I wish they would hurry the hell up! LOL Just kidding, man.
By k9Underdogg
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I wish for local multiplayer even on PC and for the game to take place in several cities around the world. I'm getting tired of the American setting of all the games nowadays (no offense :P ). They should do something like they did in Driv3r in this area. And I wouldn't mind a different protagonist with maybe Tanner just making a cameo appearance, and the chance to switch between criminal and cop. I'd like a protagonist like the guy from Drive, who's mysterious and doesn't talk much, so people can feel more related since you know very little about him/her, instead of just taking the role of a strong character with a back story like Tanner :P (just my personal weird idea).
I felt like character customization would be a little out of place in a game that's purely about driving like Test Drive: Unlimited for example. But here, considering the driver can be almost as important as the driving, it would be really cool to see your own character in cutscenes.
And I'd love it if there were gunfights but you can always avoid them if you want, somehow, and use your car as your main "weapon". I mean if the strategy is drive or use your gun and there's always a chance to do it either way with different consequences.
By 0takumetalhead
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Truelly going back to the game's roots w/o being so lighthearted, don't gett me wrong DSF was fun for the time I've put in it but I never felt playing like the same guy we played as in the first 3 games.

Edit: sorry for not watching at the date but it is something I wanted to say.
By Armadillo3
Registration Days
To be honest the last few games haven't been all that great, after playing driver and then riding the expectations from that game driver 2 seem to let me down a bit with some of the missions but the game was okay, then 3 came out and I played that and I felt that it was just throw this sh*t in the fire and never speak of it again, the game play was just terrible glitches and bugs abound and ugh.

Then after that I never wanted to touch another game that was labled Driver ever again, then when Ubisoft took over the franchise I thought how badly will they basterdise this now and to be honest here as well I'm not crazy about the car to car jumping and a hole host of things I didn't like mostly was how they wrote the game and tanners character. anyways I'm still on the fence on to like it or hate it.

I want to see in the next game no getting out of the car and no gta bullsh** like 3 either driver 1 or ( 2 if at all )
behind the dash in car view like in sf
a good well writen story and proper characters.
film director and no having to connect on line to use it either
chance to change cars given the option like the pc version
maybe challenge missions
city hoping like in games of old

maybe too much to ask for a proper remake of 1 (pc) and 2 and a do over on 3 given how god awful it was.
anyways feel free to roast my comments if you want this is just my opinion
By somebodynamed
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
how about the next driver game on an updated version of the driv3r engine I really loved the 3 games that ran on it
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]