Discussion for Driver: San Francisco (2011)
By madness
I had that enter the matrix game, however I didn't think it was really all that good. It just reminded me of True Crime: Streets of LA. The way it looks in quality and everything like that.
By cars358
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
yes the cars looked kinda ummm cartoony on true crime streets of l.a
By nitrored
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
madness wrote:Anyone ever played burnout, I played "burnout 3" and "burnout revenge" and it had a "M" rating. And there was nothing wrong with the game it could have been perfectly "G" rated, it just had to many violent cars which just crash into each other. Which makes me wonder how DRIV3R only got an "M".
hey...hey...wo...wo...hey burnout 3 is rated t i know i gots it 8)
By nitrored
Alberto wrote:
Dan wrote:Aircraft
Boats etc
Emergency Vehicles
The ability to design your own vehicle.
Explosives (Grenades etc)
Multi-Player in normal mode.
This makes me remember about something *cough* GTA *cough* :lol:
well the driver series is basicly turning in to GTA i only get driver games cuz my parents wont let me get games wit sex except PL

SAY WHAT U WANT ITS JUST MY OPINION
By nitrored
madness wrote:Well here in australia we are allowed to buy;
G - anyone can buy these
G8+ anyone can buy these - Just recommended for years 8 and over
m15+ anyone can buy these just reccomended for 15 years and over
ma15+ you must be 15 years or older to buy these, a parent can buy it and you can still easily play it.
r18+ you must be over 18 years of age to purchase and view this although you can still play if and it dosent really matter but you can't buy them. NOTE: r18 rating only exsists in australia on movies, games with this rating are permiently banned.
this is americas
MOVIES
G-anyone can see it ex.little mermaid
PG-anyone can see it ex.ice age
PG-13- anyone can see it but parents are strongly cautioned ex.the day after tomorrow
R-restricted u gotta be wti an adault to see it ex.scary movie 2-4
NC-17 (X)you have to be 17 to see it ex.phorn

GAMES
e-clittle kid stuff ex.dora the explorer
E-everyone ex.sport games
E-10-everyone 10 and up ex.NFSC
T-teen ex.tribes
M-mature content must have a parent or gaurdian there to
A-O adault only-bettin with real money;vurtial sex
game ersb card here \/ \/ \/
By Sedans
yea they jus came out wit EC and E10+ jus a couple of yrs ago
By madness
I really don't see why the Mature one is 17+ and then the adult one is 18+ in my opinion their to close to each other. It should at least be 16+ or 15+.

Also dpl really had no sexual content, only just a cut scenes where their are just half naked women dancing. :P (there still wearing something and their dancing, nothing to much to worry about.

Anyways GTA took it a whole step further where you can infact have sex in the game, however you can only see camera shaking movements out side the house. There was also a PC version and it was possible for the player to mod the game to activate a disabled sex mini-game where you infact has to use the Up and Down keys in tune with each other to perform lots of up and down movements. Hardest Mission Ever, :lol: and since they left all that in the game they had to recall all the GTA: San Andreas and re-release a version v1.1 for the XBOX, PS2 and PC Versions since it was infact possible to mod the PS2 version to do the same thing however no one had spent the time to work that out.

This issue cost Rockstar Games over 28.8 Million dollars.
It would have been better if they didn't leave the sex mini game in there and give reflections 28.8million so they could put more work and time into their game instead of it being wasted in legal fees and such.
By Lseven7
This is one of the most off topic wishlists I have ever seen :D:D:D
By madness
Well if anyone really thinks they have a really good wish they should consult the the wishlist forums.

Where you can create a topic per wish and have others comment about it. Click Here to visit the forum and create a topic to create a new wish :P.
By Daltarin-Elite
I say add in the ability to fly planes or helicopters. use traquilizers on cops or pedestrians so that you don't lose, and the cops should know who you are working for and lay cover fire instead of killing you. i think there should be Miami, Moscow, Detriot and melbourne in australia. i think someone should impale TK's face upon a pole. i think tanner should be brought back. the missions should be more than stealing cars. you should have multiple choice missions. And Tanner should get the send off he deserves in an absolutely spectacular car crash, rather than being killed in the mostly cowardly form of murder, shooting someone in the back. old faces should be brought back like Jericho who is does more than serve. their should be terrorists instead of local car jackers and the stakes should be much higher with the possibility and reality of collateral damage in the millions. That is my wish. TAKE THAT!
By Daltarin-Elite
and i'm a little confused here. but Madness. if you live in New York why do you have an australian flag. or did you just click one for the hell of it. Oh! and i wish for about 150 different playable cars.
By Lseven7
The (DPL) part means Driver Parallel Lines (ll :wink:). In other words he has been playing ll in new york.

Why dont you upload some of our driver stuff (or give me the book to scan(final scene concept art :wink: :D)
By madness
Yeh, I live in Australia.
But currently I'm playing Driver: Parallel Lines which is set in New York.
Well currently I'm playing DRIV3R in Miami however I haven't gotten to changing it, lol :P

But I usually update this quite often.
Just haven't gotten to lately.

and with the terrorist idea, it sounds great, you could have a era in the game where their is some sort of war happening and you can see bombs just dropping and building blowing up and stuff like that.

and I agree there should have been a big car crash for an ending, give the game more of a driving feel, so maybe fmv's should focus more on driving and crashes since I rarely see any driving element in any of the driver fmvs.
By Sedans
currently im playing dricer1 in Los angelesbut im not changin mine :D
By cars358
im playing driver 3 in miami but im not changin it 2
By Daltarin-Elite
I Have a feeling that you guys are mocking me now! but like Lseven7 says we have loads of ideas for the best driver game ever. And no i cannot give you the concept art because i appear to have lost it, me being so organized and all. The only ones i have left are the game cover and TK impaled on parking meter.
By TA-KO
Registration Days Posts
Hi, i'm new on the forum but not in the driver saga, so here are my two cents:

1- Tons of driveable vehicles, IE, not only cars, you should be able to driver helicopters, boats, light airplanes and, why not? trains.
2- A complete region/state to play in instead of just a city (like GTA SA) (or various cities like the whole driver saga, except PL)
3- Actually make the money worth, IE, you should need money to live (buy food, a house... etc) and use it to buy other luxuries.
4- The possibility to drive "legally" (and paying tolls) and the requeriment of driving legally in some missions (so you should be able to switch the indicators on... etc)
5- Climatology!!! and it should affect the driving.
6- Pedestrian Cops
7- The ability to jump, climb fences... etc
8- The possibility of talking with pedestrians, some of them should be pointless and would not contribute nothing to the game (and only would comment "news" of the game or just talk about the weather) but others could enable different types of mini missions that could give you money, affect your karma (yes beeing good or evil should be an option) or simply reduce your wanted level (if you have)
9- Regulate the wanted level of the police, IE you drive by with the traffic light in red , if you stop and let the police catch you, they would only fine you (like in mafia)
10- Public Transport!!!! Taxis, subways, buses.... (and the possibility to get in a car as a passenger, like in driver 2 )
11- Character personalization (yes i know that Tanner is going to be the main character, but like GTA SA, buying new clothes, new haircuts..etc)
12- A very long history (at least as long as driver 1) and unlockable parts of the city.

That's all, please forgive me if it has been suggested before, but i think that the more that driver looks like GTA, the better.

PD: I think that if it makes a city based game (instead of region like GTA SA) London, Moscow (during the Soviet era) Tokyo, New Orleans or Washington DC, would be a really cool combination
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Well, sorry TA-KO for breaking down your post but it's my influence this time. I'm not saying your wrong it's just i have a different opinion.

1. I'm fine with alot of cars but why boats, planes, helicopters, and trains. Tanner woudn't know how to use them and those additions would take away what Driver is really about, DRIVING Plus, the environments in Driver don't really lend them selves well to planes, boats, and trains. It's mostly a city game.

2. Depends which state/region. this also depends on whether the story will be non-linear (first 3 Driver's) or open world (like DPL) If it's non-linear than no because the game would be split up into various cities so game connectivity would be weird. If it's like DPL then I woudn't mind a countryside with lost of hills and long winding roads and such.

3. No thanks, I don't like the Sims, money should be for buying/customizing cars and guns, that's it.

4. If the story has Tanner being a cop than yes, if your a criminal like TK than no. Let's be honest, how many time would you want to driver "legally" if your a criminal

5. YES!!! Climate change would be awesome.

6. Yeah, that would make it more realistic so that's a go.

7. Fine, if your ever chasing a criminal or being chased these abilities could come in handy though, you probally won't use these features much in the missions, but for just cruising the city, yeah.

8. That's a good idea, basicallly like DPL, but screw the karma thing. We don't need Driver being compared to the True Crime series.

9. Fine

10. Useless, Driver is about great physics so the drive is always the best part.

11. Maybe, with FMV's that would be a problem. Most likely though, just give Tanner 2 different outfits.

12. 100% agree, storymode needs to have some "meat" to it and unlockables/secrets would be cool.

I like GTA but when it come to Driver, the GTA series can suck an egg and f*** off. Driver should try and destinguish itself from it's competitors. If GTA IV screws up, Driver can copy some things but if IV succedes than no matter what Driver does, it will be labeled as nothing more than a clone s it needs to be different.
By TA-KO
Registration Days Posts
Moonchild wrote:Well, sorry TA-KO for breaking down your post but it's my influence this time. I'm not saying your wrong it's just i have a different opinion.
Heey don't worry man, that's why they're called "discussion" forums
Moonchild wrote:1. I'm fine with alot of cars but why boats, planes, helicopters, and trains. Tanner woudn't know how to use them and those additions would take away what Driver is really about, DRIVING Plus, the environments in Driver don't really lend them selves well to planes, boats, and trains. It's mostly a city game.
Well, perhaps not every vehicle over land, sea and air but at least i think that motorboats, would make a fine adition to the game, specially in Miami where you could emulate Sonny Crockett and Rico Tubbs. :D
Moonchild wrote:2. Depends which state/region. this also depends on whether the story will be non-linear (first 3 Driver's) or open world (like DPL) If it's non-linear than no because the game would be split up into various cities so game connectivity would be weird. If it's like DPL then I woudn't mind a countryside with lost of hills and long winding roads and such.
Yeah it's a big dilemma with no easy solution.
Moonchild wrote:3. No thanks, I don't like the Sims, money should be for buying/customizing cars and guns, that's it.
Ok, perhaps the eat thing is more than enough but at least, the buying new flats, mansions... etc gives you the feeling that you're progressing into something and you're making richer.
Moonchild wrote:4. If the story has Tanner being a cop than yes, if your a criminal like TK than no. Let's be honest, how many time would you want to driver "legally" if your a criminal
I haven't drived legally beeing a criminal simply because it was nearly impossible, but it would be very handy in missions where there's no need to run and you don't need to attract the attention of the police.
Moonchild wrote:8. That's a good idea, basicallly like DPL, but screw the karma thing. We don't need Driver being compared to the True Crime series.
Yeah well perhaps the karma is excessive.
Moonchild wrote:10. Useless, Driver is about great physics so the drive is always the best part.
Yes but not always, and it may be useless because you will use it only a couple of times at the beginning of the game due to the effect of the curiosity, but those small details make a difference in the game critics (which is something that driver needs urgently specially after D3)
Moonchild wrote:11. Maybe, with FMV's that would be a problem. Most likely though, just give Tanner 2 different outfits.
And why not make the FMVs with ingame graphics.. and problem solved.
Moonchild wrote:Driver should try and destinguish itself from it's competitors. If GTA IV screws up, Driver can copy some things but if IV succedes than no matter what Driver does, it will be labeled as nothing more than a clone s it needs to be different.
About this i've been thinking.... do you imagine what would have happened if Driver parallel was released before GTA SA???? it would have received better critics, and it would have been more famous.
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
TA-KO wrote:Well, perhaps not every vehicle over land, sea and air but at least i think that motorboats, would make a fine adition to the game, specially in Miami where you could emulate Sonny Crockett and Rico Tubbs.

Well if the next game featured Miami again then yeah, boats would work. See the thing with the other vehicle is this, they don't work well in the Driver universe you know what I mean. Driver games have fairly realistic storylines but if you start adding all these other things it'll turn into the fantsy type stories that are found in GTA and Just Cause, among others.
TA-KO wrote:Ok, perhaps the eat thing is more than enough but at least, the buying new flats, mansions... etc gives you the feeling that you're progressing into something and you're making richer.
If your playing as Tanner, the question is this, where would he get the money to buy a mansion. Have you ever played Scarface: The World Is Yours? That game has the whole buy alot of stuff but after a while your just buying all this crap that you don't care about/don't need. If there will be a buying system than I think it should be what a real cop/wheelman needs.
TA-KO wrote:"I haven't drived legally beeing a criminal simply because it was nearly impossible, but it would be very handy in missions where there's no need to run and you don't need to attract the attention of the police."
Driver on the PC had the cruise control button which let you drive safe but logically speaking coudn't you just keep tapping the acceleration button/key to achieve the same thing. It's the player's choice if he wants to speed.
TA-KO wrote:but those small details make a difference in the game critics (which is something that driver needs urgently specially after D3)
Your right there, the series needs all the positive reviews that it can get from the media...
TA-KO wrote:And why not make the FMVs with ingame graphics.. and problem solved.
Gotta disagree with you there. Did you see the in-game graphic cutscenes in Driv3r and DPL, they were worse than the GTA series. If you use in-game graphics for cutscenes than their not FMV's, plus Driver uses the FMV's to get that cool high production movie feel so I'd rather sacrifice alternate costumes for cinematic quality.
TA-KO wrote:About this i've been thinking.... do you imagine what would have happened if Driver parallel was released before GTA SA???? it would have received better critics, and it would have been more famous.
I've been thinking about that too, DPL probally would have been recieved better (both in terms of reviews and sales) but I got an even better one for you, what if Reflections had not done Stuntman, instead they could have used that time to refine and polish Driv3r and the game would have released sooner too. So many "what if's" Though, I believe that Driver 4 will be a hit for both gamers and critics.
By TA-KO
Registration Days Posts
Moonchild wrote:If your playing as Tanner, the question is this, where would he get the money to buy a mansion. Have you ever played Scarface: The World Is Yours? That game has the whole buy alot of stuff but after a while your just buying all this crap that you don't care about/don't need. If there will be a buying system than I think it should be what a real cop/wheelman needs.
Uhmm yeah it's true, sometimes i forget that the main character in driver is a policeman, not a mafia man.
Moonchild wrote:Driver on the PC had the cruise control button which let you drive safe but logically speaking coudn't you just keep tapping the acceleration button/key to achieve the same thing. It's the player's choice if he wants to speed.
Yeah i remember it because it was usefull when a police car passed near you and you had time left.
Why not recover that small feature? as i said earlier it's a minor detail for the critics.

[quote="Moonchild]Gotta disagree with you there. Did you see the in-game graphic cutscenes in Driv3r and DPL, they were worse than the GTA series. If you use in-game graphics for cutscenes than their not FMV's, plus Driver uses the FMV's to get that cool high production movie feel so I'd rather sacrifice alternate costumes for cinematic quality. [/quote]

Well that's a matter of likes, i suppose , i wouldn't.
Moonchild wrote:So many "what if's" Though, I believe that Driver 4 will be a hit for both gamers and critics.
Let's hope so!
By Daltarin-Elite
Level of police awareness sort of like the GTA star system but not quite.
Stage 1. Pull over and fine you.
Stage 2. They will chase and ram the car.
Stage 3. Shoot to stop you but not to kill.
Stage 4. Helicopters, Road spikes, heavy weapons and shoot to kill.

Auto aim like in 24: The Game but only for consoles.

A stealth mode for sneaking around with an ambient noise and non-diagetic sound meters so you know if you can be heard. Aswell as a shadow meter sort of like Splintere Cell Double Agent.

Lots of cars. I Have actually posted a list somewhere. Probably under Wishlists or D5 i'm not entirely sure. Planes yes as it would make a cool couple of missions. Boats yes because there are lakes in the cities me and L77 chose. Trains... No.

Definately changing weather that effects handling of the car.

Non linear missions, as in when you complete a mission you can free roam until you start the next one.

Cities:
Miami, USA
Moscow, Russia
Detroit, USA
Melbourne, Australia
By Sedans
TA-KO wrote:New Orleans
ROCK ON BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Daltarin-Elite
Yeah but you told me that new orleans has real bad roads so it wouldn't make a very good driving city. and what would they model it on as it kinda isn't realy there anymore. atleast not how it used to be.
By squeaky
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
madness wrote:
lseven7 wrote:
madness wrote:Anyone ever played burnout, I played "burnout 3" and "burnout revenge" and it had a "M" rating. And there was nothing wrong with the game it could have been perfectly "G" rated, it just had to many violent cars which just crash into each other. Which makes me wonder how DRIV3R only got an "M".
sometimes its r18 here in NZ. (parallel lines always is). Burout 3 is a great game! I'd love to see a PC version.
Yeh, I seen on atari's site that DRIV3R was rated R18+ and i was thinking WTF!. Mainly because it was rated only M15+ here when our worst rating is MA15+ and our r18+ games rating dosent exsist because the goverment dosent let in true 18+ games. Like a few games i've wanted to purchase like "Postal 2" and "Manhunt".
LOL here in america there's eC (early childhood), e (everyone), e10, t, m (which r the "bad" games) and AO (adults only)

ur lucky u have M15!
By Sedans
Daltarin-Elite wrote:Yeah but you told me that new orleans has real bad roads so it wouldn't make a very good driving city. and what would they model it on as it kinda isn't realy there anymore. atleast not how it used to be.
true, but it would be fun, as long as you had a vehicle with a suspension. New orleans is a lively citya and Im proud to be from there, dispite the murder rate of atleast 2 people every night in certain wards. :|
By nitrored
heres my version=
Stage 1. Squad cars,Pull over and fine you.
Stage 2. K-9 units,They will chase and ram the car.
Stage 3. Police in large squad cars,Shoot to stop you but not to kill.
Stage 4. SWAT,Helicopters, Road spikes, heavy weapons and shoot to kill.
Stage 5. National Guard,(humvees)&(personal cuorriers)
Stage 6. All at you!
By madness
well how about my version.

Stage 1:
Police will chase you when on foot! If you stop they will arrest you.
Police will chase you if your in a vehicle.
Stage 2:
More than one cop will be chasing you.
Stage 3:
Cops everywhere, now they start to ram you and will do anything to stop you without weapons. (Possible Helicopters, Spikes)
Stage 4:
Police will now arm themselves (if your armed we go directly to this stage).
if you don't surrender they may fire if you aim at them or try to run them over.
Stage 5:
You'd have to be badder than the worst terrorists of today! Full interest from everyone who works in law enforcement.
By Coyote
- Different police cars models will chase you
- 95% driving, 5% on foot
- You can shoot out of the window
- Licensed cars
- An entire state
- Licensed cars and products
- Tanner
- Driver 4
- Main Menu like in Driver 1
- Wheel Covers are falling down (like in Driver 1)
- You can put your turn signal
- No car cutomizing
- Weather changes (Snow, Rain, Sun, Hurrican,…)
- More life on the srteets
- Hidden Cars
- Muliplayer function
- Online mode
- 24 hours mode (Let's say the main menu is your house, and there's a calendar where you see what time it is and wich day you are, and then if you go outside (Take a Ride mode) it's night for example … )
- Special modes (Fugitive mode, …)
- 2 Epochs (70's and Today)
- Director Mode
- and more !

Hi. I saw in Helegad's thread about beta stuff in […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg