Discussion for Driver [EU] / Driver: You are the Wheelman [US] (1999)
By helegad
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Admittedly, I am fairly out of the loop on Driver modding.

I've seen plenty of car mods, but is it possible to mod the cities or missions?

I'd love to see a PC version of Driver 2 one day. Just as long as it was using the correct engine.
By the kid 78
Juridical and lack of timing is the problem, worst case this forum can be closed !

I would love that but Ubi ish is trying to restrict anything to that!

I don't know maybe I'm wrong but good luck to find someone who can do that !
helegad wrote:I'd love to see a PC version of Driver 2 one day. Just as long as it was using the correct engine.
the kid 78 wrote:I don't know maybe I'm wrong but good luck to find someone who can do that !
You're looking at him right now. :)
By helegad
If anybody is worried about cease & desists, then let's just wait until we are actually ordered to cease & desist, shall we? f**k Ubisoft, they don't care about anything beyond profits (well, the bloody Ubi-bean counters who say yes and no, anyway).

Viamahdo, is it possible to mod cities and/or missions?
By SOAP
helegad wrote:Admittedly, I am fairly out of the loop on Driver modding.

I'd love to see a PC version of Driver 2 one day. Just as long as it was using the correct engine.
Only models, textures and missions can be modified.

We just need to research Driver 2 level format fully (we've not done yet), and then we have two options:

- We ask devs for original tool, Driver Level Editor, and port all models, textures, level structures, and even cars using this. Looks easy, but there is a serious problem: Obeysoft just don't care, possibly; But we can make few more tries asking.
- We develop our tools. At now, decoding part is nearly done for most things, but needs more work for encoding back to game, and even making levels from scratch.

Some other way: we can port it to modified Driver Syndicate engine (my development), this even possible without serious data conversions.

Problem is that we need hands, time, desire and mainly knowledge. And where is someone972? ...
SOAP wrote:- We ask devs for original tool, Driver Level Editor, and port all models, textures, level structures, and even cars using this. Looks easy, but there is a serious problem: Obeysoft just don't care, possibly; But we can make few more tries asking.
A dream. Good luck with that.
SOAP wrote:... And where is someone972? ...
Good question. The driver-level-editor has become a dead project ?
By Ss4gogeta0
Registration Days Posts Posts

[youtube]
[/youtube]

Would the Renderware Engine work?
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:

[youtube]
[/youtube]

Would the Renderware Engine work?
There was a video on YouTube that someone remade the Driver 2 intro in GTA V :o
By helegad
Has anyone ever been able to get in touch with Martin Edmondson himself? He may have archives and backups and I guess he would be flattered to have his rushed-out project carried on by dedicated fans.

I say that a Driver 2 port should run on the Driver engine because the whole game revolves around that specially made physics engine. As for getting out of the car, well, that's a different story. sh*t, I wish the community had a good set of tools to work with.
Ubisoft has a gun pointed to Reflections head (read: an NDA) and has told them to not communicate with the Driver fanbase in any way. No commenting on mods, no unreleased artwork from old Driver games getting released, nothing. And the Edmondson brothers jumped ship a long time ago and have been told to keep their yaps shut by Ubisoft as well, more NDA bullsh**.
By Ss4gogeta0
PostalDude wrote:Ubisoft has a gun pointed to Reflections head (read: an NDA) and has told them to not communicate with the Driver fanbase in any way. No commenting on mods, no unreleased artwork from old Driver games getting released, nothing. And the Edmondson brothers jumped ship a long time ago and have been told to keep their yaps shut by Ubisoft as well, more NDA bullsh**.
ouch... thats gotta suck... no way to get out of it i guess... f***ing ubi.. :evil:
By Ss4gogeta0
VAIMAHDO wrote:As I said, the only reason I still like those f**ker s, is because they made Watch_Dogs.
watch_dogs does not run well on my PC... so yea, f**k em... spent $50 on a game that doesnt even work on my AMD A10
By helegad
PostalDude wrote:Ubisoft has a gun pointed to Reflections head (read: an NDA) and has told them to not communicate with the Driver fanbase in any way. No commenting on mods, no unreleased artwork from old Driver games getting released, nothing. And the Edmondson brothers jumped ship a long time ago and have been told to keep their yaps shut by Ubisoft as well, more NDA bullsh**.
sh*t.

Is this the case with all of Ubi's franchises?

Also, out of curiosity, I saw pics of an old Driver logo and a speedo somewhere around here... how did that happen?

Are there any members of the original Driver team that are not under Ubi's belt?
By TheEngiGuy
helegad wrote:
sh*t.

Is this the case with all of Ubi's franchises?

Also, out of curiosity, I saw pics of an old Driver logo and a speedo somewhere around here... how did that happen?

Are there any members of the original Driver team that are not under Ubi's belt?
Ubisoft now owns Reflections. Everything is up to Ubisoft, so Reflections can't do what they want.
By helegad
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ubisoft had nothing to do with Reflections until Parallel Lines. Surely there are a few ex-team members who had nothing more to do with Reflections past Driver and Driver 2, and who may have personal backups of Driver/2 assets with a copy of the level editors thrown in somewhere.

Has this avenue been investigated yet?
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
VAIMAHDO wrote:As I said, the only reason I still like those f**ker s, is because they made Watch_Dogs.
watch_dogs does not run well on my PC... so yea, f**k em... spent $50 on a game that doesnt even work on my AMD A10
Here we go again. I bring this up to everyone.
Quote from my reply to a comment on YouTube:
" 'Nothing' says: GTA 4 IS SO BADLY OPTIMIZED FK U ROCKSTR I HAVE 1GB RAM AND A PENTIIUM 4 WHY IT NOT RUN?!"
VAIMAHDO: "Are you serious? Think about the PS2 era when Pentium 4's were released, they were designed FOR THAT ERA. That's like saying "f**k you Rockstar" because GTA IV won't run on a dam PlayStation 2. You can't be serious, compare it to SanAndreas. SanAndreas is extremely stiff and stubborn compared to the high definition GTA IV. Don't expect a Pentium 4 to run games of a generation it wasn't even built for."
Keep in mind, version 1.0.0.0 was indeed poorly optimized, but people continued to complain, even at the last version ever patched.

So, the day comes around that Watch_Dogs is released, and the same sh*t happens. People wine, cry, and complain about it being "poorly optimized" because it won't run on really low end processors. Ahem, look at those very HD dynamic trees, compare them to GTA IV. Look at Mr. Pearce, he has exactly 67907 polygons on his full model detail or medium model detail (Adjustable in graphics settings). Now let me cover the AMD 10 processor. Being released in October 2, 2012 and priced at $122 this processor was for gamers who had less to spend but still wanted to play GTA EFLC, etc. It was NOT designed for next generation type games. While something like an FX 6300, also was released in October 2012, but priced at $132. Despite the $10 difference, this processor has a lot more too offer, and I must ask, are you using the APU's video chip or do you have an actual video card? :|
By someone972
Problem is that we need hands, time, desire and mainly knowledge. And where is someone972?
I'm still lurking. I don't check the forum as often as I used to just because I got real busy lately. Doing senior year college classes and working at the same time has really eaten up my time. I'll always try to provide information to those who need it though, even if I don't have time to make tools myself. The most reliable way to get in touch with me nowadays is through skype; you should be able to search for someone972 and find the result 'Jeff'. It's nice to see some new and old users are still around.
By Clutch
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
someone972 wrote:I don't check the forum as often as I used to just because I got real busy lately. Doing senior year college classes and working at the same time has really eaten up my time.
I know that pain. I'm on last year of licentiate studies, at the moment I'm in the middle of exams session and in the same time I work in half of time as a game dev. I come back home after classes, sit on my ass and work 4-6 hrs, hoping that after finals I'll go for full-time work and start slowly earning money for buying own flat for me and my gf...
By Ss4gogeta0
VAIMAHDO wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
Here we go again. I bring this up to everyone.
Quote from my reply to a comment on YouTube:
" 'Nothing' says: GTA 4 IS SO BADLY OPTIMIZED FK U ROCKSTR I HAVE 1GB RAM AND A PENTIIUM 4 WHY IT NOT RUN?!"
VAIMAHDO: "Are you serious? Think about the PS2 era when Pentium 4's were released, they were designed FOR THAT ERA. That's like saying "f**k you Rockstar" because GTA IV won't run on a dam PlayStation 2. You can't be serious, compare it to SanAndreas. SanAndreas is extremely stiff and stubborn compared to the high definition GTA IV. Don't expect a Pentium 4 to run games of a generation it wasn't even built for."
Keep in mind, version 1.0.0.0 was indeed poorly optimized, but people continued to complain, even at the last version ever patched.

So, the day comes around that Watch_Dogs is released, and the same sh*t happens. People wine, cry, and complain about it being "poorly optimized" because it won't run on really low end processors. Ahem, look at those very HD dynamic trees, compare them to GTA IV. Look at Mr. Pearce, he has exactly 67907 polygons on his full model detail or medium model detail (Adjustable in graphics settings). Now let me cover the AMD 10 processor. Being released in October 2, 2012 and priced at $122 this processor was for gamers who had less to spend but still wanted to play GTA EFLC, etc. It was NOT designed for next generation type games. While something like an FX 6300, also was released in October 2012, but priced at $132. Despite the $10 difference, this processor has a lot more too offer, and I must ask, are you using the APU's video chip or do you have an actual video card? :|
yea yea I know... and I know the Radeon card that I have is rather bad... but Ironically Watch_Dogs runs better than GTAIV on my computer and Sleeping Dogs runs almost flawlessly (The HD version, there are some hiccups during the racing scenes but other than that it runs near full speed with graphics on medium) and Saints Row IV runs smoothly aswell...

I have a Radeon HD 8650G... I know its on the low end spectrum but hey, its a college laptop

Hi. I saw in Helegad's thread about beta stuff in […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg