Discussion for Driver [EU] / Driver: You are the Wheelman [US] (1999)
By Coyote
Weird, on the Mac version of the game there's a picture where it says "Los Angeles" but it shows a city during daytime. I'm not sure if it's really Los Angeles. You can also see the default Miami car on it, I know that we already talked about this however. But I hadn't noticed the fact that it was day. I mean it could actually be NY as well… hard to say… imagine if they planed to do a daytime mode for LA but decided to remove it, and forgot to remove it on the Mac version? As far as I know, it wasn't Reflections who was responsible for the Mac version, but it was "Macsoft". Probably Reflections just sent them the files of the game and Macsoft ported the game to Mac. But perhaps Reflections made some changes after that and Macsoft still had an older version to port. Anyway, I'm really excited, I'll pick up an old computer this week at my other house, or maybe beginning of next week, then I can FINALLY install Driver on it :) Very curious what this will bring us. So I'll post any updates in this thread!
By Fireboyd78
Can you snap a picture? I could probably tell you if it's Los Angeles or not :P

Chances are it's not LA, since developers have confirmed in the past that Los Angeles was never meant to be set during the day - the source pictures were specifically taken at night.
By Coyote
There you go:

It isn't very big sadly, and the quality of the pic isn't the best either (it's really very small so I had to zoom in). According to the map it would be in the west of the city. When you drive that double-street down you arrive to the highway in the south, I believe.

But actually it could be New York as well, both cities are so similar in some ways, it's hard to tell what it would look like during day mode :? But after watching it again I believe it's New York, it has a "double street" like that too, and silver traffic lights
By Coyote
Yeah, I thought so… too bad! They labeled it as wrong then, I should sue them for lying! :P

But I still hope to see some new stuff in the Mac version. Something tells me that the iPhone version is based on the Mac version, the cars have different textures and of course… that exclusive cop car! Maybe there's more stuff :)
By 0takumetalhead
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I highly doubt it two. Mac version came later then the PC version so one can assume the Mac version is based on the PC version that wen't gold.
By Runo
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
If only it had been L.A :cry: but sadly... It seems to be New York at day. :cry:

I got tears in my eyes. "Night only".
Runo wrote:If only it had been L.A :cry: but sadly... It seems to be New York at day. :cry:

You're crying.....over a city.....in a +10 year old VIDEO GAME....not having day time. Wow.
By Runo
PostalDude wrote:
Runo wrote:If only it had been L.A :cry: but sadly... It seems to be New York at day. :cry:

You're crying.....over a city.....in a +10 year old VIDEO GAME....not having day time. Wow.
And you're mad? Wow.
Runo wrote:
PostalDude wrote:

And you're mad? Wow.
Nah, i'm just disappointed.
By Runo
PostalDude wrote:
Runo wrote:
PostalDude wrote:

And you're mad? Wow.
Nah, i'm just disappointed.
Oh, damn. I'm sorry.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]