Discussion for Driver [EU] / Driver: You are the Wheelman [US] (1999)
By Mike Driver
Registration Days Posts
Newcastle, a special place.

My nice Jaguar on the red bridge...

On the green bridge. English police cars do have a unique design...

That's how the checkpoints look in Newcastle.
You can only see the arrow and a shadow on the street. But it does work.
The cops are normally turned off in my Newcastle ceckpoint mission.

:D
By superjake
Registration Days Posts
Is that a glitch in the cars
By Mike Driver
Registration Days Posts
Yes it is. I didn't change anything there.

If you have the PC-version of Driver you can try it out yourself if you have the cops activated in the Newcastle mission.

Newcastle is "mission261.dms". With a simple editor you can change "Cops_off" to "Cops_on" and change "SetMaximumCops 0" to "SetMaximumCops 8". That should do it and you'll have these funny looking cars. 8)

You can also try to get on the Red Bridge. It's possible. :wink:

Cheers,
Mike
By madness
I think i got on that Red Bridge one day. But now when I continiously try I can't seem to do it anymore.
By Mike Driver
Registration Days Posts
madness wrote:I think i got on that Red Bridge one day. But now when I continiously try I can't seem to do it anymore.
Do you want a hint or do you want to try it yourself. It is possible without cops hitting you or other strange stuff... 8)
By DriverAmir
Registration Days Posts
Nice Pictures.. I would also like to post some, but can't figure out how to use Fraps99.. :(
By madness
do you have the demo or the full version of fraps, maybe i''ll be able to teach you how to use it if your having any problems..., i also notice that fraps and driver don't work very well in Windows XP, they both work fine togeather in Windows Vista.

I suggest you use the print screen key on your keyboard and then press alt-tab to move from the game and then you can paste it in paint and save it as a jpeg.

Note: it's best to already have paint open.
By Mike Driver
Registration Days Posts
That Taxi seems to be seriously destroyed. Do you know where that is?

By RunLikeHell
Registration Days
Could someone please post some more of those Liverpool screens? Was that city in the PS1 version?
By Coyote
I'm gonna buy this thing that costs € 105 and with wich I can connect my PS2 to my computer, so I can make videos and photos from games and have them in high quality on my computer :) Then I'll post my own Sreenshots :)
By madness
Coyote wrote:I'm gonna buy this thing that costs € 105 and with wich I can connect my PS2 to my computer, so I can make videos and photos from games and have them in high quality on my computer :) Then I'll post my own Sreenshots :)
That's not the best idea as it degrades the quality.
It's best if you get the pc version!

and I wasted $200 dollars on a device like that that converts ps2/xbox/ect onto my computer and the quality was so crap. I was so annoyed and wished I never wasted so much money on it.

So watch out because the same could happen to you. Those capture devices aren't all that good. However some are, but really do your research. I did but I never asked people how well it went with driving games and it was absolutely horrible when I got it.
By Coyote
hum… let me think… The 1st Driver works on my computer. Driver 2 is exclusive on PSX… a little problem… Driv3r and Parallel Lines is only for PC, and I've got a mac. And Stuntman (Driver 2,5) is only avaible on PS2. If Driv3r and DPL would be avaible on Mac, I would also buy them for the computer… of course, so I could make mods :P
By T.K.
I noticed a little something about those cops in Newcastle: the textures look like bullets and casings.
By PostalDude

(taken by me of course).
Last edited by PostalDude on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bloom? its lense flare. notice the compensation by darker shadows and higher contrast and brightness and lowered vividness? its called the morning sun.

dont bother commenting my stuff unless you know what you're talking about, show me a nice shot of yours and ill take you into consideration. dont get me wrong, i can take criticism, but only if its from someone i know is truly capable of being a critic.
By k9Underdogg
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
PostalDude wrote:Wouldn't wanna be in this dark alley IRL:
(taken by me of course).
Ok I know this is old (it's a sticky post so it doesn't matter), but I love that photo!! :mrgreen:
Hello everyone.

My name's iPlayerify, I'm a well known guy who produces movies and pictures based on GTA:SA / MTA:SA

I've been playing Driver since I was a child, 5 years old. My first Driver game was the second, I finished it before playing Driver 1, but I had to play the first game to grasp Tanner's story. And continued by playing Driv3r on PC, and currently I'm playing Driver: San Francisco.

Driver is one of my best car chase/racing game ever, I love the story first of all, wish Tanner was real, lol.

Anyway, I have been playing Driver 1 these days, and I snapped some pictures of those Demo movies and edited them, those which you can watch them in the Menu.

You can find more from this Driver Album.

Thank you, and hope you like them. :)
Very nice work! I like the effects (Y)

My only gripe with it is the huge watermark plastered in the middle of the image...it should be in the corner and not blocking the action!
A project I am working on
Transfer all Driver 1 cars to Sketchup
I just need to finish LA and NY civcars and i need the beta mustang (and any other beta content excluding the buick skylark and cop car)
here's all 18 playercars
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]