Discussion for Driver [EU] / Driver: You are the Wheelman [US] (1999)
By Coyote
I'm wondering about something, when I use PCSX, do I need to use the PCSX function to freeze / defrost a state, or do I save the game just like I would on PS1? Because that's what I did first, but it doesn't work. I wanted to create a save game for every unique car because I don't know yet how to drive unique cars in free roam. So the first was the red Buick Regal. I just saved the game as I would always do, but when I came back (in the Main Menu), and went under Undercover > Load game it won't work. I select the save game, it says it's loading, it says it successfully loaded and it tells me to continue with X. I press that but nothing happens. It stays in the load game menu and that's it. I can load it another zillion times, nothing will happen.
By RacingFreak
man what kind of emulator is that, a freezer?

you cant save cars in there, even after you beat the game there is no car selection. Just use some gameshark codes with car modifier.
By RacingFreak
Jebus.. whats with the lol.jpg

what i said is that you have to use cheat disc to get a car modifier cheats and then replace the player car... you cant drive any other car in free roam except the default for each city.
By Coyote
I just wanted to know if you can save states like you do on PSX or if you HAVE to use the save state function of PCSX :P Forget the thing with the cars, it was just a detail that had nothing to do with the question ;)

Let me rephrase it: I was wondering if someone has this bug as well where he can't load save states saved like you would save them on a real PSX.
By RacingFreak
Then say so.. not about freezing and defrosting stuff, that sounds like youre dealing with a freezer.

Anyway, I just guess its the PCSX youre using, find better emulator.
By Fireboyd78
Are you saving the game from the undercover main menu (the motel room)? If so, it might be a bug that's unfixable. Just use savestates, they're much more efficient to use anyways.
By Coyote
CarLuver69 wrote:Are you saving the game from the undercover main menu (the motel room)? If so, it might be a bug that's unfixable. Just use savestates, they're much more efficient to use anyways.
Exactly, from the motel room. Save states are fine too but it seems like it's limited to only 3. Or maybe I haven't figured out how to use them yet. I see there's also a way to save high scores, I'll try to save some and load them again, this would explain if it's a bug related between PCSX and the motel room. Oh I could also save a replay.
By Fireboyd78
My favorite emulator is PSXFin. You can find it here. Savestates work great, the game plays just as it would on the PS1, and best of all, no extra bullsh** when it comes to configuring the graphics. It's an excellent emulator - a must have.
By Coyote
Hmm only Windows, but I prefer to play on the Mac :P What I use is PCSX. There's only one PCSX I believe, it's been the same for over 10 years. I've had no problems so far and didn't have to configure any graphics stuff or anything :)
By RacingFreak
Maybe you should ask the ePSXe devs for a MAC OSX port - that will help for sure ;)

Btw i find it enjoyable playing Driver using FPse on my phone, its never getting me bored :D
By Coyote
I will just drag the save games to another place to avoid them getting overridden (since there only seems to be 3 slots), that way I can have as many as I want :)

For the phone I already have Driver 1 for iPhone :D

Hey, is that for really enabling Bodysnatchers che[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4