Discussion for Driver [EU] / Driver: You are the Wheelman [US] (1999)
I have the PC version and I've never found it in San Francisco, but I've seen it on screenshots from the PS1 version. Does it even appear in the PC version?
Oh thanks!! I found it, yeah it's close to that car park and not that close to where I start in Take a Ride (so I guess that's different on the PS1 version).
I don't know where you start on PC, I just played it on the iPhone earlier and you start really far away (near the Golden Gate park I believe).

In the PS1 version you start right in front of it I think :)

Edit:

Yep, the first to the left, like I said :D

Oh cool! :D I like those traffic cars from the PSX version. Here's where you start "Take a Ride" in the PC version, it's the only city with a different place for day and night:
Image ( I moved the car a little to get a better view)
Oh that's where you start in the iPhone version as well! Golden Gate park is the pic at night you posted. I never noticed this detail BTW, nice find :) In both cases it's quite far from the Transamerica pyramid!

And the cars are cool yeah! The PC/Mac/iPhone version looks much more polished (I mean just look at the textures of the pic I posted, the building, the street, hell even the sky — it's all ugly), but I always thought the cars in the PS1 version were more detailed, and I preferred them over the other versions :)

On the pic you posted above mine, look at the tail lights and the bumper of the car. I always found this ugly, I'm not sure how they managed to mess it up so hard? Look at the car in the pic I posted, the tail lights, the bumper etc. are very nicely detailed :) The PC car always looked as if it was out of plastic and it started to melt because it was too close to a lighter :lol: The best would be a mixture of both! :)
LOL yeah XD the car in my pic has modified textures that I made for a request but still, I prefer the cars in the PSX version too, especially the salmon colored one from New York that's proably meant to be a Monte Carlo. In PC, that one is just the same boring Buick from previous missions. I would have loved to retexture the Monte Carlo. And I read that in PSX most of the traffic cars in NY are taxis, which sounds cool.
Well that's one thing that sucks for PSX, it's that you only have 2 car models in the traffic. The other versions are much more ahead at this point. For New York it's fine, like you, all taxis. For other cities it can drive you a bit crazy when you see Pacers everywhere :lol:

What's that NY car you're talking about? Is it this weird red/white car that had very similar red/white textures like the Buick Regal in Miami? I never understood what's the deal with this, why do they have the same colours?
LOL I didn't know there were only 2 traffic cars for each city on the PSX, I feel happier with the PC version now lol.
Yeah I meant that one that has the same colors as the Buick Regal. I honestly don't see the point since both cars look almost the same but I prefer the shape of the Monte Carlo from NY. And in PC there's only the Regal.
If you think about it, they could've easily made more cars for the PSX version using the textures they had already. I mean, the PC version only has 2 or 3 grille textures, but makes up over 9+ different cars all together! Imagine if the PSX version had just a little bit more variety like the PC version...even if it meant reusing textures! :D
I suppose it was a memory thing, just like with DSF? It's a shame in fact :) I first had the Mac demo, and then got the PSX full game. I did notice less cars after etc. (and also no barriers for the garages, and cars without alarm) but I didn't mind at first, I was so happy to have the game. Later I did wish there was more traffic!
By Runo
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
2 cars were enough for me, atleast in the Los Angeles level, as the 1st traffic car in that level is my favorite car ingame. ;)

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4