Discussion for Driver [EU] / Driver: You are the Wheelman [US] (1999)
Well, the PSX version has almost entirely unique vehicles, showing nearly no clues as to what real car it's based off of. However, it could have been due to the fact the PSX couldn't support nice textures, so they absolutely had to resort to the textures you see now. However, on the PC, it's quite clearly a Fairlane (or as they call it, a Farlane xD)
Lol, sorry for destructing it. In fact, I just hate the way Reflection did it - clueless and beautifull, so that it would take us nearly 100 years to make complete list of the real name of each cars used in Driver.

Dammit, we should really ask someone of the modellers team, what about this? Interview of that kind will be awesome if we succeed.
Another thing - editing the textures THEMSELVES. What we can modify right now are generated texture maps, while they contain another textures, as combined altogether. If you take a look on my finished Monaro (when released, I`ll try making additional textures for your joy), you will see how fine I just replaced the texture map as a replacemement for the individual textures. That will make the damage working fine, I think.
Except it's even mentioned in the rules to avoid bumping older topics.
General Rules
The following rules are simple rules that should be used as guidelines to posting:

Be nice to other users. Don't be a jerk!
Don't post tons of topics about the same thing - one topic is enough.
Don't bump your threads if nobody responds within a day or two. Be patient.
Don't post off-topic content in threads where it doesn't belong. For example, don't ask someone for help with computer issues in a topic about music - that should be posted where computer content goes.
Don't post things that may be disruptive to others, such as, but not limited to; posting huge images, tons of smilies, big empty messages, bumping older topics, posting identical messages across multiple threads, making intentionally hard-to-read topic tiles/posts, posting multiple hard-to-read or nonsensical messages in a single topic/multiple topics, posting large ASCII art, or posting counting ("FIRST!" "100th post!").
Don't spoil the plot to a game without clearly stating the post may contain spoilers.
Don't use inappropriate content for your avatar or signature!
Don't use huge images in your signature!
Don't forget to read the rest of the rules below!
http://drivermadness.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=285
Olanov wrote:Except it's even mentioned in the rules to avoid bumping older topics.
General Rules
The following rules are simple rules that should be used as guidelines to posting:

Be nice to other users. Don't be a jerk!
Don't post tons of topics about the same thing - one topic is enough.
Don't bump your threads if nobody responds within a day or two. Be patient.
Don't post off-topic content in threads where it doesn't belong. For example, don't ask someone for help with computer issues in a topic about music - that should be posted where computer content goes.
Don't post things that may be disruptive to others, such as, but not limited to; posting huge images, tons of smilies, big empty messages, bumping older topics, posting identical messages across multiple threads, making intentionally hard-to-read topic tiles/posts, posting multiple hard-to-read or nonsensical messages in a single topic/multiple topics, posting large ASCII art, or posting counting ("FIRST!" "100th post!").
Don't spoil the plot to a game without clearly stating the post may contain spoilers.
Don't use inappropriate content for your avatar or signature!
Don't use huge images in your signature!
Don't forget to read the rest of the rules below!
http://drivermadness.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=285
Forget the rules, because according to the "rules" you should have been banned at least 35 times :P

Seriously, every second post of yours is basically telling people not to bump threads :P Last time it was in this Driver: PL review thread. Yes, the thread is from 2006 and apparently it has been bumped several times. But where exactly is the problem? Do you want him to create a new thread, because it would be useless to have a duplicate thread ;)

Sorry I just had to say that. The whole "Don't bump this thread"-trend comes from forums where you would for example sell a car, and a few years later - even though the car was sold - someone bumps it to ask about it. Now that doesn't make sense. Bumping a thread to answer someone who's obviously banned or who has been online 5 years ago the last time doesn't make sense either. (for example)

But I'm not exactly sure why people shouldn't resume conversations they've started a few years ago. Maybe people's views on the subject have changed, and that can be discussed again :) It can raise new ideas as well.
Resume conversations? I don't think replying to a 2-3 years old topic: "somewhat resembles" is bringing anything new into the discussion, let it be ideas what so ever especially regarding this topic.

I could easily understand, and accept this if it would actually give an update to the situation and bring some new info to light which has been previously unknown. Let's say, contribute to the discussion, but this was just completely unnecessary, especially since it's been a couple of years since this was last discussed...
It may be useless, but someone else may notice it and post something useful, thus restarting the conversation. I'm not sure how that bothers you, do you loose a finger every time someone bumps an old thread or why is this so crucial? :P

Besides this — it wasn't that useless because I hadn't seen the pic before. It's nothing too special, I admit, but it was cool to see so why not :)
Well obviously it doesn't seem to work like that, this being one example. Sure, it started up a conversation! Does it have anything to do with the subject? No. Most of the time it derails topics, not to mention clutters up latests posts.

So, what? Should we go re-visit each dead topic and go add a post saying "Interesting" or something similar, not adding anything to the conversation but just bumping them back up, then having someone complain about it coming back up? If it wasn't me, it'd be someone else.

And like I said, it's just completely unnecessary to go posting something like what occured here. It bring exactly jack sh*t to the actual discussion.
Chill out guys. Olanov, no need to be a backseat moderator. If there's a problem with someone bumping a topic, PM a moderator and express your concerns there. Coyote, feeding the fire never saved the burning man.

PostalDude, that was uncalled for.

And lastly, driverever110...you did nothing wrong. Maybe next time I suggest checking the date of the topic and seeing if your post contributes to the conversation. If this kind of stuff happens again, please guys, don't take it into your own hands.

I'm locking this thread since it got out of hand. Sorry to the OP.

Hey, is that for really enabling Bodysnatchers che[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4