Discussion for Driver [EU] / Driver: You are the Wheelman [US] (1999)
By Truck-Maniac
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
:?: (Didn't know where to post it, so here its is) :?:

So i i've played a game i have on my shelf and saw a vehicle wich could fit in Driver.
Its this game:

This is the vehicle:

The only problem is that i don't know how to convert from the PS1 :oops: (The vehicle exists out of a Car & Tex file).

If someone is intrested, they can PM for the Iso of the game :specialdriver: .
By RacingFreak
Better and more cool is to convert truck from more normal games. Midtown Madness 2 is having Freightliner Century as perfect truck model. Here is it:
I can try to convert it soon, but something from of newest A2/London Racer, NEVER.
Sometime ago, I was very near of opening A2/London Racer IMG archives. I loaded them, with small mod to the dir file or renamed the ind file, and the program loaded broken files, BUT files with big offset! I`ll try to write a C++ program to load these...
Last edited by RacingFreak on Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Truck-Maniac
Think about it, if its in Driver, than you can change the textures into something better, you can make the thing better, but its just the Truck model that intrested me, its very large, a new idea, something that has never been done for Driver 1 .
By Fireboyd78
It's called a dummy tire, but I don't know how that'd work out...first, we need to see if Driver can even support 6 wheels...
By Truck-Maniac
Dr. Doom wrote:It's called a dummy tire, but I don't know how that'd work out...first, we need to see if Driver can even support 6 wheels...
Sorry, but isn't that a wheel that doesn't move ? I forgot :lol: .
TheOldGamer wrote:Can you host the Car & Tex files somewhere? I`ll find out if it`s possible to convert it into readable format.
Here it is : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZKO8W4AO

Maybe you also need the CARDATA file, but i don't know ?
By Wheelman75
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Reminds me of this truck I downloaded for Monster Truck Madness 2 called King of the Road. It was also a semi with dummy rear wheels. It handled weird, though.
By Truck-Maniac
TheOldGamer wrote:Is that truck, the "Shadow`s" from A2 Racer IV? I`m still having the game. And yeah, the model is better, and I think there`s a way to export it from the .IMG archives of the game. :wink:
I can also give you the files, installed them in the games directory and on my personal hard drive.
Wheelman75 wrote:Reminds me of this truck I downloaded for Monster Truck Madness 2 called King of the Road. It was also a semi with dummy rear wheels. It handled weird, though.
Really, can you show me some pictures or download links ?
By Truck-Maniac
TheOldGamer wrote:MTM2 is abandonware now, see ya here.
I only dunno find the "King of the Road" truck. Can you supply a link for it, please? It`s easier to convert it from MTM2 to Driver.
Sorry, but what do you mean ?
By max.thunder
King of the Road is an awesome game ,i've completed this classic game long ago,recently was released a 3rd game (this march) called Rig N' Roll. The 2nd release has great truck models, here's an example
For being a russian game is actually cool 8) (for me is like a Driver but with trucks)
By RacingFreak
Thanks, but these ain`t the truck`s files. These are just param and another files overlays, which allows you to play the truck in-game. For the real truck`s 3D mesh and textures we need to open the main .IMG file(s).
Well I was working on C++ program that opens these files (slightly based on GTA`s IMG extractor & editors, but with too many errors and bugs, I throw this project in the trash can :?
By Truck-Maniac
TheOldGamer wrote:Thanks, but these ain`t the truck`s files. These are just param and another files overlays, which allows you to play the truck in-game. For the real truck`s 3D mesh and textures we need to open the main .IMG file(s).
Well I was working on C++ program that opens these files (slightly based on GTA`s IMG extractor & editors, but with too many errors and bugs, I throw this project in the trash can :?
Ok.
My mistake, sorry .
By Truck-Maniac
TheOldGamer wrote:
Truck-Maniac wrote:*Bump*
Maybe this is a better model : ) ?
*snip*
*snap*
Um.. yes? From which game is it? I cannot recognize it :)
Carmageddon, it is actully a deformed model from the car on the 3rd pic.
By RacingFreak
Ahh, Carmageddon.. :P

How I wish I would be enable to extract any model from it.. unfortunately it sounds as "Mission Impossible", due to the simple fact, that.. it`s a HARD JOB :(

Well, a time ago I`d tried out to extract the cop car from Carmageddon, but nothing came out, due to the lack of programs. Stainless Software`s program, just didn`t had this export feature, so.. :wink:

Go to Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Forums and ask about it. I`m sure that they can do possible to have this truck in an .3ds or editable model format, which we will be enable to convert into Driver. Wish you luck!
By Truck-Maniac
Sedans wrote:looks like some lego blocks fucked at bbq grill and had a baby..
Does it look like Legos ?
Sounds positive .

As for CWA Board, i've been there and there was a very Poncy Moderator (*Cough cough*coffeycup *Cough cough*) .
By Sedans
yes i love legos im just sayin it looks like some legos fucked a bbq grill

the grill and legos had a baby

boom! that truck is the result.

Hey, is that for really enabling Bodysnatchers che[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4