Discussion for Driver [EU] / Driver: You are the Wheelman [US] (1999)
By madness
Earlier today I took a look at Driver 1 and noticed the following code
Code: Select all
#President render
RENDER 70

#If Ali Story completed
IF 0
#If Mission 43 also completed
 IF 1
#Ali B
  RENDER 66
 ELSE
#Ali C
  RENDER 67
 ENDIF
 #Hills
 RENDER 69
ELSE
#Freeway
 RENDER 68
ENDIF

END
This is the script for the end of the game. I notice it uses an if statement and it seems to show all those fmv’s at the end of the game however I’ve only ever seen one in game which was Render 68 which I found to be very strange. I have no idea what “Ali B” or “Ali C” is for neither the “Hills” it isn’t used anywhere else in the script.

I took a longer look and decided to take a look at the FMV’s.

Render 66: It’s some lady giving tanner a package.
Render 67: It’s pretty much the same as Render 66 however a few things seem to be different. See the differences below.
Render 68: The FMV we always see at the end of the game.
Render 69: An Audition a scene driving away through the hills.

Now I’m not sure if it displays properly in the ps1 version as I’ve never played it before but I have decided to get all these fmv’s and put them together into one video. Maybe the story will make more sense.

You can download this video in our download database by clicking here.

If this video tells us anything more than just the render on the highway. This shows us in more detail that tanner is actually going somewhere and that is most likely Rio in Driver 2 but who really knows, maybe Reflections Interactive know but we can only take out fair guess.

Notes:
Render 66 wrote:Well thanks to you I don't have a job any more.
John handcock just doesn’t seem to need the staff right now.
Did I ever show you this.
It’s something else I found in handcocks safe.
A rather neatlittle stack of bills.
I had a feeling he wouldn't get much chance to use them and I thought it would be a shame to waste them.

Clever Girl

I know.
Render 67 wrote: Next time I need you quickly I'll try to give you a head start.
Either that or I'll just drive myself out of trouble.
I nearly had to leave this behind.
I found a lot of things in handcocks safe.
This for one a little stack of bills.
I had a feeling he wouldn't get much chance to use them and I thought it would be a shame to waste them.

Clever Girl

I know.
By Coyote
I think you got some from the PSone version.
"Hills" is a cinematic at the end of the game, after the FMV in the garage, with a green Jeep wich Drives in the Hills, under a Tunnel, etc…
This is not the only video with the Jeep. There is one where the Jeep drives on a bridge over the sea.

Ali is a Woman in the game (NYC).
By Skidmark
Registration Days
Hi, MADNESS! You remember ole Skidmark from the ATARI Forums?
I'm back.
Looks like a set of conditions (IF 1=true IF 0=not true, AND, etc) which makes it possible to have different RENDERs so that one will always be missing, i.e. replaced with another. It's also possible to miss a mission or two in the game by the same method..
You will have to actuate all the scenarios in two installs of the game OR edit mladder and use multiple savegame folders (which is what I do). You overwrite the first save slot with the last save in that series, then copy those files to another folder then continue the game (since it continues from the first slot). When the game is done, you copy those save files to a folder. You can then play any missions of the entire game by reloading the different sets of savegames.
You can also copy replay sets to subfolders for UNLIMITED #'s of replays.
By Sedans
Skidmark wrote:Hi, MADNESS! You remember ole Skidmark from the ATARI Forums?
I'm back.
Looks like a set of conditions (IF 1=true IF 0=not true, AND, etc) which makes it possible to have different RENDERs so that one will always be missing, i.e. replaced with another. It's also possible to miss a mission or two in the game by the same method..
You will have to actuate all the scenarios in two installs of the game OR edit mladder and use multiple savegame folders (which is what I do). You overwrite the first save slot with the last save in that series, then copy those files to another folder then continue the game (since it continues from the first slot). When the game is done, you copy those save files to a folder. You can then play any missions of the entire game by reloading the different sets of savegames.
You can also copy replay sets to subfolders for UNLIMITED #'s of replays.
I remember you.
By Skidmark
Registration Days
Gee, Sedans, you musta been 8 years old then!
By Sedans
I remeber you but I didnt see you around very much... I dont know how old I was, i think i was aoround 10. It has been about 3-4 years since AC has archived the Driver forum, so, It makes sense.

I remember:
You, Rubix, xtsubarublazin, madness, hack0r, gta4eva, and a bunch of others.
By cleone
I got all of the endings except for the "Clever Girl" one.

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4