The following rules are simple rules that should be used as guidelines to posting:
- Be nice to other users. Don't be a jerk!
- Don't post tons of topics about the same thing - one topic is enough.
- Don't bump your threads if nobody responds within a day or two. Be patient.
- Don't post off-topic content in threads where it doesn't belong. For example, don't ask someone for help with computer issues in a topic about music - that should be posted where computer content goes.
- Don't post things that may be disruptive to others, such as, but not limited to; posting huge images, tons of smilies, big empty messages, bumping older topics, posting identical messages across multiple threads, making intentionally hard-to-read topic tiles/posts, posting multiple hard-to-read or nonsensical messages in a single topic/multiple topics, posting large ASCII art, or posting counting ("FIRST!" "100th post!").
- Don't spoil the plot to a game without clearly stating the post may contain spoilers.
- Don't use inappropriate content for your avatar or signature!
- Don't use huge images in your signature!
- Don't forget to read the rest of the rules below!
The following rules should be thoroughly read to get a good understanding of Driver Madness and its policies. Please take the time to fully read each rule, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask someone for help.
Users may not post or encourage others to post material (such as links or images) considered to be offensive in nature. Offensive material that may not be posted includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Vulgar, Profane, or Sexually Explicit language; Images and/or links of these nature should never be embedded/previewed into a post for all to see; a link explicitly stating it is "NFSW" is absolutely required. Failure to do so will result in a warning and possible ban.
- Any form of hate speech; Images and/or links that contains any form of hate speech (racism, religion, sexual orientation, culture, ethnicity, handicap, nationality, gender) or threatening, harrassful, defamatory, or libelous language is strictly forbidden. Failure to comply will result in a minimum 48-hour ban with 72-hours added to the total for each hate speech ban; no warning will be issued, and multiple offenses may result in a permanent ban.
- Pornographic, obscene or graphic content; Images and/or links that contains any material that may be considered pornographic, obscene, or graphic content is strictly forbidden in any way shape or form. Failure to comply will result in a 24-hour ban with 48-hours added to the total each ban. A warning may be issued depending on the nature of the content, however this is not guaranteed.
The use of vulgar language is not heavily moderated, but consistent use of it will result in a warning. Vulgar language should be kept to a minimum. Think of a PG-13 movie - vulgar language is allowed, just not throughout the entire movie. Language should be kept clean for the most part, but the occasional F-bomb won't get you in trouble. Please note that some words may be automatically censored under the discretion of Driver Madness.
Insults towards other users (whether individually or as a group, directly or indirectly) are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Name calling; "You're an idiot", "You moron", etc. is unacceptable behavior. Every user is to be treated equally and with respect. Failure to comply will result in a warning and after that, a minimum of a 24-hour ban each time. A fair warning is not guaranteed depending on the nature of the post.
- Direct insults and orders; "F*** you", "Go kill yourself", etc. is absolutely unacceptable behavior. Failure to comply will result in no warning and a 24-hour ban will be issued, with 24-hours added to each ban after that.
- Insinuations and insults towards family; "Are you stupid or something?", "Your mom..." is unacceptable behavior and will be dealt with under the same conditions under "Name calling".
Messages that have the intention of purposely annoying and/or offending other uses is not allowed. This is includes, but is not limited to:
- Provoking other users to respond with flames.
- Provoking fans of a particular system or game, especially on boards or topics dedicated to that system or game.
- Misleading topic titles meant to lure users into a topic with the intention of annoying and/or offending them.
- Asking stupid/useless questions that could easily be answered somewhere else
- Posting false information as fact with the intentions of affecting the user who believes it.
Failure to comply with any of the above posted will be dealt with accordingly. Warnings and bans will be given depending on the nature of the content posted.
Continual harassing behavior directed towards a certain individual or group with the intent of creating an intimidating, offensive, or hostile environment on Driver Madness, with or without use of explicit or implicit threats is strictly prohibited. Posting contact or other private information of any person (Service user or not) is also prohibited. Warnings and/or bans will be issued accordingly.
Discussion of Drugs/Alcohol
Discussion of the use of any illegal substance or alcohol is forbidden on these boards. Failure to comply will result in a warning, with a ban being issued accordingly.
Spamming the forums is unacceptable behavior. Spamming is characterized by the initiation of threads, posts, or Private Messages, that contribute nothing to the forum, be it off topic or on topic. Examples include: empty posts, posts with few words that have no relation to the current thread or discussion, advertising (see below policy on advertising), and those posts that state they are spam, as well as posts made for the purpose of either to annoying a member or increasing a memberâ€™s post count.
Communications that violate or incite others to violate the law are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Piracy; Asking for or providing illegal copies of copyrighted software/music/games/etc. and/or a method to circumvent copyright protection is strictly forbidden. Asking for pirated software will result in a fair-warning for the first offense, and a 1-month ban for the second offense. Failure to comply after that will result in a permanent ban, no exceptions. Providing a link to pirated software will result with no warning being issued along with a 1-month ban for the first offense. Anything after that will result in a permanent ban, no exceptions.
- Magazine scans; Providing illegal scans of a magazine currently in circulation will result in a fair-warning for the first offense, and a 72-hour ban for the second offense. Failure to comply after that will result in a 1-month ban each time. Please note that if the magazine scan is from a magazine that was printed many years ago and cannot be found anywhere online at the time of posting, is allowed under certain circumstances. Warnings will be issued to those who didn't know any better; a 24-hour ban may be issued depending on the nature of the magazine scan. Scans must not contain any offensive material; post with caution.
- Cheating; Providing methods to cheat in online games is strictly forbidden. 72-hour bans will be issued on the first offense, with the second offense being a permanent ban, no exceptions.
Messages that clearly advertise a service or product are strictly forbidden. This includes, but is not limited to: unsolicited commercial or personal web site advertisements; For-Sale/For-Trade/For-Auction/Wanted notices; "Make Money Fast" scams, chain letters, and pyramid schemes; or any referrer-ID based sites (including both games and free-item marketing sites).
Users are allowed to include a link to a personal website (or another website of interest, relevant to the topic at hand) in their signature or wherever else specified. This includes asking for feedback/comments on the website in the general discussion part of the forum. Advertising a website to attempt to attract registered members of Driver Madness is strictly forbidden unless given prior permission from an administrator. Advertising is subject to approval from Driver Madness staff members and may be removed at any time without notice.
Thanks for your continued support!
- Driver Madness
[*]11/17/2012: Updated the list to the new format. -CarLuver69
[*]06/27/2013: Changed colors to Driver Madness Red -CarLuver69[/list]