Want to know some news about the game, Find out in here!
By Olanov
Coyote wrote:The cars don’t seem to get damaged, however, and the collisions with civilian cars are just terrible. It’s like infinite mass mode in Driver 3 haha!
I agree. I'm not really convinced of this game. I like the huge map and all but damn. Also, why I think they're hiding NY like that is because of how huge this game is and advanced, visually. They probably had to cover the rest of the city up in NY since there's so much stuff out in the bg to get a good FPS going.
By Fireboyd78
Coyote wrote:I don’t like the look of New York, the pinkish fog reminds me of some early GTA 5 screens where they were trying to “hide” the background because else the game would probably be clipping.
It's called smog.
By Coyote
PostalDude wrote:Noticed the DSF schoolbus, armored car, and Vandorn box truck(turned into a ice cream truck), also, they're using the DSF ped screams. :mrgreen:
Is that the van that says “SHIFT” on it in DSF? If so I’ve noticed it as well, it seems to have a different rear door. More like a normal “double-door” whereas in DSF it has like a thing you roll to the top. Or at least I think it does.
I haven’t seen the Ice Cream version however, so probably there’s different versions. Haven’t seen the school bus or armoured truck either. But while I was watching it earlier I was wondering if they were actually going to copy all the pedestrians from DSF as well.
Olanov wrote:
Coyote wrote:The cars don’t seem to get damaged, however, and the collisions with civilian cars are just terrible. It’s like infinite mass mode in Driver 3 haha!
I agree. I'm not really convinced of this game. I like the huge map and all but damn. Also, why I think they're hiding NY like that is because of how huge this game is and advanced, visually. They probably had to cover the rest of the city up in NY since there’s so much stuff out in the bg to get a good FPS going.
Yup, same for me. I’m really impressed by the map and it’s size, but the rest is only okay-ish. Not really a fan of the whole nitro-tuning-blue-glowing-exhausts thing, neither of (most of) the vehicles nor the handling. Too bad because I do like the idea of team modes, it’s totally like DSF online at this point.

I think it’s disgusting they hide the city that way, it’s the worse of all methods. Okay, maybe not the worse. The worse is clearly the one used in DSF, an ugly background pictures that’s moving along as you drive. Terrible haha! I don’t understand that, the PS4 should be able to handle this. I have a video on my channel with some different angles of the shift modes, and you can see so far away. The streets etc. turn black after a while but you still see the buildings, which is what needs to be seen from far away when you’re driving. So it’s the proof that it works.

Miami in The Crew doesn’t have this “problem”, but then again it doesn’t even nearly have as many skyscrapers as NY does.
CarLuver69 wrote:
Coyote wrote:I don’t like the look of New York, the pinkish fog reminds me of some early GTA 5 screens where they were trying to “hide” the background because else the game would probably be clipping.
It's called smog.
I know that it is, but it isn’t playing the role of smog in the game, it’s playing the role of hide-this-ugly-background :P
By Badnick24
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I didn't really know much about this game but after reading on their site that the game takes place in a bunch of different places in the US, I really want it!

Apparently there's even Detroit. I live in Michigan so playing a game that has Michigan involved is cool to me! :D
By JackRourke343
Personally, I'm really interested in the game. Let's see

1,- This is a real, REAL free roam game. I've never seen a game where you can drive more than 1 city without changing to the menú. I mean, ALL THE USA?? Maybe it took us 6 months aproximately to see half of the country

2,- Mix between:

a) Need for Speed: Pursuits, Speed, Free roam, Customization, Multiplayer, Details, Races
b) Driver: Classic Cars, Details, Driving, Cities, Damage
So Driver isn't too lost in here

3,- Massive Multiplayer. How far can we take a pursuit with 15 guys around the world. EPICNESS. Races, challenges, battles, Hot-Pursuit like (I hope). In fact, with some of custom race mode (or any luck), we can recreate "Need for Speed: The Run" race

Something I hope:

1,- Better damage
2,- More detailed cities
3,- Onlne mode not too laggy
4,- Available for X360
5,- More classic cars
6,- Local Multiplayer
By Fab2cent
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
JackRourke343 wrote:Personally, I'm really interested in the game. Let's see

1,- This is a real, REAL free roam game. I've never seen a game where you can drive more than 1 city without changing to the menú. I mean, ALL THE USA?? Maybe it took us 6 months aproximately to see half of the country

2,- Mix between:

a) Need for Speed: Pursuits, Speed, Free roam, Customization, Multiplayer, Details, Races

3,- Massive Multiplayer. How far can we take a pursuit with 15 guys around the world. EPICNESS. Races, challenges, battles, Hot-Pursuit like (I hope). In fact, with some of custom race mode (or any luck), we can recreate "Need for Speed: The Run" race

Something I hope:

1,- Better damage
2,- More detailed cities
4,- Available for X360
5,- More classic cars
6,- Local Multiplayer
CAN U IMAGINE HAVING A PURSUIT IN CUSTOMIZED CREW CARS WITH YOUR FRIENDS ALL OVER USA!!! gonna be so fun :mrgreen:
By Olanov
JackRourke343 wrote:This is a real, REAL free roam game. I've never seen a game where you can drive more than 1 city without changing to the menú. I mean, ALL THE USA??
GTA SA with Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas. And technically, it ain't all of USA. It's extremely scaled down and missing cities.
By TheEngiGuy
Olanov wrote:
JackRourke343 wrote:This is a real, REAL free roam game. I've never seen a game where you can drive more than 1 city without changing to the menú. I mean, ALL THE USA??
GTA SA with Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas. And technically, it ain't all of USA. It's extremely scaled down and missing cities.
And Euro Truck Simulator 2, which is even bigger.
By Badnick24
I still think it's pretty cool seeing lots of open world cities rather than just one like so many games have nowadays. :D
By JackRourke343
Olanov wrote:
Fab2cent wrote:
JackRourke343 wrote:Personally, I'm really interested in the game. Let's see

2,- Mix between:

Something I hope:

1,- Better damage
2,- More detailed cities
4,- Available for X360
5,- More classic cars
6,- Local Multiplayer
CAN U IMAGINE HAVING A PURSUIT IN CUSTOMIZED CREW CARS WITH YOUR FRIENDS ALL OVER USA!!! gonna be so fun :mrgreen:
Olanov wrote:
It will be some kind of big, doesn't
By max.thunder
The Crew has 10,000 km of road, no player limit

Source
By Fab2cent
janujeq wrote:
max.thunder wrote:The Crew has 10,000 km of road, no player limit

Source
HOLY FU... *dies*
hahah exaclty :D
By Coyote
I’ve read this too not too long ago, it’s crazy :shock: But still, I started to dislike this game and I dislike it even more with every day.
By Steerclear
Looking pretty interesting! Just hoping the handling of the cars is good. Personally I like SF handling and hoping it's similar to that, just a little less slidey.
By max.thunder
Cockpit view confirmed
By Fab2cent
Man this game looks SO GOOD!!! Cockpit cam looks brilliant, that's how I play most driving games so its good to know that I will be able to use it in the crew :D
By max.thunder
The Crew has been in development for four years

Source
By Steerclear
Although some of you may disagree, I think The Crew is looking really good. The zooming in and out is a bit like shift from Driver SF, but I'm mainly looking forward to the open- world exploring!
By Fab2cent
i agree with Steerclear, this looks amazing. having an open world to just drive my fully custom vehicle around all day longs with friends would be awesome
By Badnick24
The map of the US.... :lol:
By Olanov
Badnick24 wrote:The map of the US.... :lol:
Yeah, I mean.... It's impressive they managed to create "US" but... It looks like sh*t! :lol:
By TheEngiGuy
"Completing missions you'll earn cash, EXP points and a random car part"

*cough* PAYDAY 2 *cough* *cough*
By max.thunder

More cars here
By Fab2cent
this game is going to be so good!!!!
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg