Modding discussion in general.
By Fireboyd78
After thorough searching.... All vehicles, Paint Jobs, Textures Etc. are in .BIN files. These .BIN files are sort of like .ZIP archives. Nobody knows how to extract them.

Helpful:

.BIN can be a 3d Mesh file
.BIN can be an archive file

How do i know that these BIN files are archives?

I have Test Drive Off Road 3. It was created by Infogrames in 1999, the same year as driver. All their information on vehicles, music, textures etc. were in .ZIP files that could be easily modified.

We may never extract these files. We may someday. We might not.

Proof?

Extension: BIN

Binary File

Binary files are used for a wide variety of content and can be associated with a great many different programs. In general, a .BIN file will look like garbage when viewed in a file editor and unless there is some clue in the ASCII portion of the file (if any) there is little one can do to determine which program a particular .BIN file goes with. The context of the file (where it is located) may help. Note: This file type can become infected and should be carefully scanned if someone sends you a file with this extension.
By madness
The .Bin files provided in the game is under 33kb and there is only three of them. 33kb isn't enough to hold information for any of this.

You mention it's an archive, and it's un-extractable, I have PowerArchiever and it can read .BIN files but says it isn't a valid bin file.

DingDingDingDing... Problem...
Infograms is a publisher not a developer.
Reflections Interactive is the developer and they create the game infograms don't.

From what I see these files are totally different.
We look at any file in most games and there extensions are changed from the original extension they had when a particular program copied them.

The whole, how developers compile their files is a very, very complicated process. Thats why very few tools exist for so many games.

It requires a lot of knowledge to hack a game, to work out what files are hidden inside. So we need game hacker who can search the files fingerprints (headers) for similarities to everyday common file formats and work out how they could extract them.

The entire thing is complicated, I've been working on it for years and have had lots of success with a numerous amount of things. But not enough success to be able to map the game, that must be the impossible. All the co-ordinates are probably in binary and I don't know how other people read binary code. I have a small idea though.

It's just amazing how I noticed NFS fans where able to put a bnary code on the vehicles in the game maybe memory hacking? Who knows...

When your not a developer, its very time consuming.
By GabTH
Registration Days
So,

how can we contact the Reflections team to ask them to uncompress the game files. So many people wants it !

Reflections doesn't make any new benefits with "Driver" since years.

That would be a better promotion for the next game to let fans players post videos of their levels, cars etc... on the net.

And please, Reflections team : do not crypt Driver 5 and make an edit tool for all parameters of cars and cities !

Am I dreaming awake ?
By bb_42001
welcome GabTH and yes you are dreaming, but madness is in regular correspondence with reflections, so you never no

bb42001

Noodles

By cleone
CarLuver69 wrote:After thorough searching.... All vehicles, Paint Jobs, Textures Etc. are in .BIN files. These .BIN files are sort of like .ZIP archives. Nobody knows how to extract them.

Helpful:

.BIN can be a 3d Mesh file
.BIN can be an archive file

How do i know that these BIN files are archives?

I have Test Drive Off Road 3. It was created by Infogrames in 1999, the same year as driver. All their information on vehicles, music, textures etc. were in .ZIP files that could be easily modified.

We may never extract these files. We may someday. We might not.

Proof?

Extension: BIN

Binary File

Binary files are used for a wide variety of content and can be associated with a great many different programs. In general, a .BIN file will look like garbage when viewed in a file editor and unless there is some clue in the ASCII portion of the file (if any) there is little one can do to determine which program a particular .BIN file goes with. The context of the file (where it is located) may help. Note: This file type can become infected and should be carefully scanned if someone sends you a file with this extension.
Same thing with Test Drive 6. It was all in Zip files.
By cleone
Nick Brasil wrote:Old topic is old...
ImageUggghhh!!!!! Seriously, you guys should move the date of the post somewhere that is easy to see because my screen cannot show all of the width of the webpage without having to scroll(which I rarely do).
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]