Modding discussion in general.
By madness
XA2WAV converts audio files into Driver: Parallel Lines and Driver 3 .XA music files. You can download the tool which allows you to do this by clicking here.

[hr]

Copyright (C) 2007 Deniz Oezmen (http://oezmen.eu/)

All trademarks and copyrights mentioned implicitly or explicitly in this file or the software described below are property of their respective owners.

WAV2XA

Converts sound files to the XA format.

Usage: WAV2XA <XAFile> <InFile0> [<InFile1>] [/compress] [/parallel]

XAFile Specifies the XA file to be created.

InFile0 Input sound file for track 0.

InFile1 Input sound file for track 1. (optional)

/compress Causes compression of the audio tracks.

/parallel When specified, the XA file will be created for use with Driver: Parallel Lines. Otherwise, the format of Driv3r will be used.

Every XA file can contain up to two tracks, where the second track is optional. All input files are required to be stereo sounds with a sample size of 16 bit. If both tracks are used, the sample rates have to match.

WAV2XA supports multiple input file formats (including PCM WAV, MP3 and OGG) through the Audiere Sound System (http://audiere.sourceforge.net/) by Chad Austin. Call WAV2XA without parameters to see a full list of the possible input file types.

The audio compression scheme results in smaller XA files (roughly 1/4th the size of a comparable uncompressed file), but reduces the sound quality slightly. Also note that when using compression, the input sound files should have a sample rate which is a multiple of 4082 Hz. If this is not the case, the frequency is automatically adapted, leading to distortion, which might be audible as a tempo and pitch change.

[hr]

Tool Created By: Deniz Oezmen
Creators Website: http://oezmen.eu/

Extended Documentation: Driver Madness
Documentation Version: 0.90
Documentation Updated: 09/12/07

Importing to Driver: Parallel Lines
### Important Note
Must use /compress with Driver: Parallel Lines otherwise it won't work.
This is a issue may be fixed in the future.

### Other Notes
1 to 96 - **.xa - must be labeled or it wont play under Driver: Parallel Lines
1 to 48 - **.xa - for *78 Era
49 to 96 - **.xa - for *06 Era

So there you can have a maximum of 48 different tracks per era.

Already used
*06 = 29
*78 = 28

So you can add
*06 = 19
*78 = 20

Importing to track 0 and 1 (driv3r)
Some missions in DRIV3R use two tracks form one particular .XA file. It can be an annoying task determining them so in the future we will include a documentation on the Driver Wiki giving you detailed information about each particular music file.

For Example: The first mission you play called "Police HQ" which uses file "01.XA". Track 0 is used for the first part of the mission where you drive to Police HQ and Track 1 is used in the second part of the mission where you pratise you shooting.

Known Issues: If track 1 is required you'll notice that it'll play track 0 for a few seconds and then repeats constantly, the only known issue to resolve this is to either write the same file to track 1 or choose a different song for track 1.
By miamivice
Registration Days
i would really like to put my Miami Vice soundtrack into the game replacing the original one, i downloaded the wav2xa tool but man i dont understand how to use it. could you give me the main steps to follow?i'm not used to command lines and stuff like that
By bb_42001
hi miamivice.. welcome.. how did you find out about the Driver Madness Comunnity?

Personally i have no idea but madness this sites Admin will know as he also created this topic... sorry

bb42001

Noodles

By miamivice
Registration Days
i was searching 4 a way to mod this part of driv3r, and so i found this page..but well i stull dont understand the way to do this!hoping 4 the admin to answer this :)
By madness
Which driver title are you hoping to change the music to?
I'm assuming your interested in modding the music in DRIV3R as mentioned!

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to go through each an every step at the moment. But I will on approximately the 17th December if you don't mind waiting.

I may as well start writing super-detailed instructions so I can add it to the wiki.

To fast-track any problems that the upcoming article may not help you with.
Which format do you have the Miami Vice soundtrack in? .wav .mp3 .wma ? or is it still on the CD?
By miamivice
Registration Days
thanx 4 the help..the soundtrack is in mp3 format! btw i just succeeded in converting 4-5 tracks but somehow others won't work..the application says "can't read "".mp3" maybe is a format problem, i'll try to convert them to other formats!
By madness
Try encoding in the .wav format which should be most effective.
If you have an option what type of .wav use PCM.
By the kid 78
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I face a problem in Driver Parallel Lines on PC, XA soundtrack list isn't playing all the soundtracks just the first Track 0 are played, I tried to fix the problem I find out that EAX is disabled in Windows Vista and 7. There is no solution to fix that, I did miss my fav tracks but I :specialdriver: anyway :)
By the kid 78
PostalDude wrote:Uhm, what? The game only loops one .XA over and over? Your game is fucked, i'm on W7 64 bit and it cycles through the .XAS fine.
No! I mean as explained XA files are made for two tracks in the same file, so the first side of each of those XA files works fine but I get only the first half of the playlist (track 0 each XA file) , strange, I have the original CD of DPL but I don't know why it dosen't play full track list, I read that EAX support is the problem ! Maybe I'm wrong.
Last edited by the kid 78 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
By the kid 78
PostalDude wrote:Oh, yeah, the whole "2 tracks in one .XA" thing. My bad. I never really tried that out. Maybe it doesn't work with DPL, only D3?

Sorry! I did my homework and find out that PC version they didn't include some soundtracks from PS2 version in it, which cause me to think there is missing tracks.

There is no problem with the PC version they just didn't port all the soundtracks list.
By PostalDude
the kid 78 wrote:
PostalDude wrote:Oh, yeah, the whole "2 tracks in one .XA" thing. My bad. I never really tried that out. Maybe it doesn't work with DPL, only D3?

Sorry! I did my homework and find out that PC version they didn't include some soundtracks from PS2 version in it, which cause me to think there is missing tracks.

There is no problem with the PC version they just didn't port all the soundtracks list.
I've known that since I first got the PC version of DPL 5-6 years ago. There are missing tracks, and it's piss-easy to readd them, they were cut due to copyright bullsh**.
I was talking about you talking about the whole "two tracks in one .XA" thing. Tracks in D3 have two songs inside them, but I doubt you could get it to work that way with DPL. That is, unless by "two tracks inside one .XA" you mean they're handled the same way GTA IV handles music - one track for the left speaker and one for the right.
By the kid 78
I was talking about Driver PL plays two tracks like this
track #0: present
track #1: present

But I find out it's only one side track, also the track list is not fully ported to PC.

track #1: not present

By the way, if I add the missing tracks do I need to modify any file that list them, or they're auto played withing the folder "Music" automatically with out any file change ?
By PostalDude
the kid 78 wrote:I was talking about Driver PL plays two tracks like this
track #1: present

But I find out it's only one side track, also the track list is not fully ported to PC.

track #1: not present

By the way, if I add the missing tracks do I need to modify any file that list them, or they're auto played withing the folder "Music" automatically with out any file change ?
Yes, that's correct, DPL .xa's only have one song in them. And yes, just name it the missing number and it'll play.
By O_Cardoso
Registration Days
Hello everyone o/ nice to be part of a Driver's comunity. I've found this forum searching for some Driv3r mods.
Now i'm playing Parallel Lines, and trying to mod the soundtracks. Despite knowing nothing about commandlines, i almost get the thing to work, but i'm not managing to figure out how to input the "/compress" and "/parallel" codes correctly. The prompt responds with the message "warning : unexpected parameter "C:\Users\User\Desktop\DRIVER\compress..." due to incorrect unput, i guess, and as mentioned in the Documentation the file will not play in game without those commands.

An example of my actual commandline structure : "C:\Users\User\Desktop\DRIVER\WAV2XA.exe C:\Users\User\Desktop\DRIVER\01.XA C:\Users\User\Desktop\DRIVER\seventeen01.wav C:\Users\User\Desktop\DRIVER\seventeen01.wav C:\Users\User\Desktop\DRIVER\compress C:\Users\User\Desktop\DRIVER\parallel"

Someone, please, help
By ThE RandoM GuY
Registration Days Posts
Damn it, i wish there was a easier way to do this so i can add two songs to the game (one in 1978 and another in 2006) but i am an idiot at trying to do this myself because i don't know a crap about cmd
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]