Modding discussion in general.
CarLuver69 wrote:f**k my life guys. I think my hard drive might be toast...this is severely depressing.

Image thumbnail
OMG U WERE DOING SO WELL!!!! that is so sh*t man, i wish you luck getting your things back. Cant even imagine how sh*t you would feel right now :(
CarLuver69 wrote:f**k my life guys. I think my hard drive might be toast...this is severely depressing.

Image thumbnail
OMG :(

Such a breakthrough in modding recently and now this. I hope that something can be recovered, wish you luck.
So i have looked through the code, for my needs i have changed UseBlendWeights = false to UseBlendWeights = true, in the mesh.cs file. So i can have the damaged models loaded directly in the viewport. But when i have exported a model, it remains intact when i have loaded it in 3ds Max. So Mark my question is, what do i need to change in the code to get a damaged model exported ? I have looked in the OBJExporter.cs file but did not find anything related.
Skylabh wrote:So i have looked through the code, for my needs i have changed UseBlendWeights = false to UseBlendWeights = true, in the mesh.cs file. So i can have the damaged models loaded directly in the viewport. But when i have exported a model, it remains intact when i have loaded it in 3ds Max. So Mark my question is, what do i need to change in the code to get a damaged model exported ? I have looked in the OBJExporter.cs file but did not find anything related.
Sorry for the late reply man. See this line here?

https://bitbucket.org/CarLuver69/driver ... ter#cl-127
Code: Select all
vertices.Add(model.Positions[v]);
I believe the way to make it export damages is change "Positions" to "BlendedPositions", so it should look like this:
vertices.Add(model.BlendedPositions[v]);
Let me know if this works!

(By the way, not being able to program is driving me insane!!!)
Wow well done! These ideas are all incredible! Perhaps someday we will have a really silly multiplayer Driv3r with some crazy mods and a huge amount of players! As of now I'm putting together some things and going to start making DRIV3R animations, my profile picture will change to a picture of it soon here. :mrgreen: :specialdriver: Also if I have enough materials, I will make an animation of how DRIV3R multiplayer would be. :twisted:
Since my new rig is back up, I've gotten back into the groove of things. Here's how Antilli is coming along:

Image thumbnail

I finally fixed improper textures loading! I also wrote a quick and dirty little texture viewer, it needs to be improved though. I also implemented LOD loading and "Use Blend Weights" checkbox ;)

The change log for this version is going to be massive, so be prepared :P

No idea on the ETA yet. I want to at least finish writing a Material Viewer of some sort, then I'll update the GitHub.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the very first model import!

Obviously I messed up the materials, but I managed to re-export the challenger without messing up the model! This means with a few tweaks, new models can be imported!
CarLuver69 wrote:Wow, I'm surprised nobody caught it. It's a quick and dirty texture replacer! Just no exporting yet.
Well i noticed the hd texture but i wasn't really in the mood to post.
About the chally, modified model before importing ?
Btw, nice to see some progress since you are back on programming (Y)
Oilfan wrote:Great progress! :D Do you mind telling me how you made Driv3r start in windowed mode? I have been trying to do that for some time now without success.
I use a program called D3D Windower. I made a proper English translation for it, which you can get here.

Here's my hook.ini setup (replace paths with your Driv3r installation):
[KnownProgram]
C:\Path\To\DRIV3R\Driv3r.exe=Driv3r
[Prog.Driv3r]
UseWindowMode=1
UseGDI=1
UseDirect3D=1
UseDirectInput=1
UseDirectDraw=1
CommandLine=
Width=1024
Height=768
MenuId=
ShowFps=0
UseForegroundControl=1
UseDDrawColorEmulate=0
UseDDrawFlipBlt=0
UseDDrawColorConvert=0
UseDDrawPrimaryBlt=1
UseDDrawAutoBlt=1
UseDDrawEmulate=1
UseDDrawPrimaryLost=0
SubModule0=C:\Program Files (x86)\D3D Windower\D3dHook.dll
UseCursorMsg=0
UseCursorSet=1
UseCursorGet=1
UseCursorClip=1
UseSpeedHack=0
SpeedHackMultiple=10
UseBackgroundResize=0
UseBackgroundPriority=0
DDrawBltWait=-1
UseFGCGetActiveWindow=1
UseFGCGetForegroundWindow=1
UseFGCFixedWindowPosition=0
EnableExtraKey=0
CarLuver69 wrote:
Oilfan wrote:Great progress! :D Do you mind telling me how you made Driv3r start in windowed mode? I have been trying to do that for some time now without success.
I use a program called D3D Windower. I made a proper English translation for it, which you can get here.

Here's my hook.ini setup (replace paths with your Driv3r installation):

Thanks! This is much appreciated (Y) Will make modding a whole lot easier.
Degrees9871 wrote:Hi everyone!
Looking for some help to run this stuff,cuz i have no idea about programming...
All i want is to edit files which controls cars handling/characteristics (they're damn to slow for me).Of course is that already available.
Unfortunately there is no tool for this yet. I should make one :P
CarLuver69 wrote:
Degrees9871 wrote:Hi everyone!
Looking for some help to run this stuff,cuz i have no idea about programming...
All i want is to edit files which controls cars handling/characteristics (they're damn to slow for me).Of course is that already available.
Unfortunately there is no tool for this yet. I should make one :P
I will pray on it
Sorry for the lack of updates guys. Been slaving away on writing code so Antilli can actually do stuff! I'm currently in the process of making an .Obj importer, which is very close to completion! Once it's finished, I think we'll be seeing some of the very first totally-custom models in Driv3r! I will talk more about importing once I actually get to that point. For now, there's a LOT of work to be done (for one person!).

If anyone has any questions/suggestions regarding importing/exporting models, please post them here. Hopefully everyone is still here, I really appreciate everyone's patience.
Oilfan wrote:Nice! Keep it up :) I got one suggestion for Antilli but i'm not really sure if it already is there because i couldnt find it but anyway the suggestion is to make a button to be able to stop the model from spinning.
Just press the " I " key, or you can disable it in the DSCript.ini file.
Skylabh wrote:
Oilfan wrote:Nice! Keep it up :) I got one suggestion for Antilli but i'm not really sure if it already is there because i couldnt find it but anyway the suggestion is to make a button to be able to stop the model from spinning.
Just press the " I " key, or you can disable it in the DSCript.ini file.
Thanks! :) Looking forward for the next update! :D

Hi. I saw in Helegad's thread about beta stuff in […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg