Modding discussion in general.
I'm not planning on doing characters right at the moment, but I was just letting you guys know that I would probably have to go down that route if we want to do that.

And as for what programming language I use, it's C#.
So, me and Klancnik have been working on a City Editor for awhile now. It's actually what inspired me to finish rewriting everything, since I was able to see the potential.

I present to you a very early WIP screenshot of our City Editor, showing all the "Building Instance Data" loaded in the form of boxes:

Image thumbnail

Unfortunately we're a bit stuck at the moment trying to figure out where the game gets the model IDs from. It's pretty confusing to say the least!

Work continues on Antilli, don't worry. :P
DarkProductions wrote:What was the point of that?
Probably because you provoke it.
Why do you state in like every message what your specs/computer name or whatever it is.

You give him the opportunity to do so

- Btw, set your current specs in your signature. People that are interested might look at it.
Hey man hows it going with dscript? I was messing around in driv3r the other night and thought about if you have found a way to disable that "cooldown" timer for the grenade launcher? Would be awesome to launch more than one grenade at a time :)
I'm gonna be completely honest here. Progress came to a screeching halt once I realized I needed a good model format to use for importing models into Driv3r. Unfortunately, this created a lot of stress and frustration on my part, so I took a much needed break.

I think I'm going to ditch the obj importer and just use 3ds Max and possibly Blender to export the new models that you import using Antilli. I wasn't expecting things to take this long, but sh*t happens I guess.

Sorry for the wait!
CarLuver69 wrote:...I think I'm going to ditch the obj importer and just use 3ds Max and possibly Blender to export the new models that you import using Antilli. I wasn't expecting things to take this long, but sh*t happens I guess.

Sorry for the wait!
So i guess it will be done by using scripts. Probably the most easiest way i think.
Yes, I should have followed in the footsteps of programs like OpenIV that require use of ZModeler 2 to export new vehicles. Using 3ds Max will allow me to export everything in one go without the need for countless hours of writing an OBJ importer.

Then all you have to do to put it in game is simply add/replace a model in one of the model package files.
Skylabh wrote:So, a little update maybe about the city editor ? because that's an interesting one.
The city editor is currently on hold. I never figured out how to choose the correct model package, unfortunately.

But I do have progress with importing new vehicles! I am very close to finishing my custom VPK file format that will be used to import new vehicles. Antilli can export vehicles into this format so that they may be loaded into 3ds Max using a script.

I've only implemented the hierarchy portion so far, all I have to do is export model data as well.

Here's the hierarchy importer working, with a model I already had:

It even builds the hierarchies properly!

The duplicate entries have something to do with damage, and I haven't quite figured them out yet. Hopefully in the final script you won't see/need them.

(There's still more hierarchy stuff to complete, but more on that later)

If I can keep at the steady pace I've been working at lately, we could see primitive model importing before the end of the month! But you know me...no guarantees :P
Wheels wrote:
Oilfan wrote:Anything new? or its dead?
I think it's dead.
Yep obviously. If you check out the link of the repository of antilli and the other tools, well it gives a 404 error. Don't know if it's to move to another repository (i doubt it).
Edit: everything is fine lol.
Oh you guys, I would never kill off my tools without telling everyone about it first :P It's where I got my start in programming after all, so it would be very shameful of me to burn bridges at this point.

I literally changed my username on BitBucket 2 days ago. I'm slowly phasing out CarLuver69 in favor of Fireboyd78. Oh and of course, I really suck with updating my repositories...*sigh*

Sorry for the lack of updates, I have a lot of projects these days and I try to give all of them equal amounts of attention. I got kind of bored doing nothing but Driv3r all day every day, so I've also been doing some work on DSF and stuff like that. I may also end up writing some Blender tools for model importing/exporting due to the way hierarchies work. Too many ideas, not enough action being taken. It's been almost 3 years since I started working on these tools, so it's about damn time I take some action!

This will never die! Unless I die! Lol
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]