Modding discussion in general.
By madness
What is Driver Modding?
Driver Modding is a website I'm creating dedicated to modding games in the DRIVER series. Basically when I start the website up we will be focusing on Modding the contents of DRIV3R, however we will move up to Driver: Parallel Lines and we will give all the details we know about modding the original Driver.

Throughout the site I'll explain everything that we all know. Including a list of the file structure and what each and every file does, however there are some files where still not sure about where we will guess what it is or we will leave it blank.

We also show off all the existing DRIVER mods, and all the projects started for DRIV3R will host their files here.

I'll also give out deep tutorials on how to use all the different tools out their.

Throughout the site you'll find all the information you'll ever need for modding driver as we have collected all the information which I've worked very hard to find out and some other information which has been traveling around the internet at slow rates of speeds.

Anyways if your into modding this will be the site for you, and I'm expected to have this finished within the next week.

Release Date: 31st May 2007
The site has been canceled, and will be replaced with the Driver Wiki which will contain pretty much the same information as mentioned above.
Time has been extended due to my work load. As you can see I've extended this date for another month. But hopefully I'll get it finished before then, I beleave that this will be the last ever delay for the Driver Modding Website
NOTE: The release date may change depending on my work load.
I'll keep the release date here as updated as possible.
Last edited by madness on Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
madness wrote:Release Date: 24rd January 2006
I know you mean 24th jan 07, but its now 10 feb. can we at least see a beta version or something
By madness
Sorry for the delay, but this will be the last delay, I certainly hope and it seems quite far away however it's only less than a month from now.

And this also means that there is 1month and 5 days till the PC/Wii/PC release of Driver: Parallel Lines. :D
By Sedans
madness wrote: And this also means that there is 1month and 5 days till the PC/Wii/PC release of Driver: Parallel Lines. :D
i cant waiT!!!
By Lseven7
madness wrote:Sorry for the delay, but this will be the last delay, I certainly hope and it seems quite far away however it's only less than a month from now.

And this also means that there is 1month and 5 days till the PC/Wii/PC release of Driver: Parallel Lines. :D
its still 2006 :wink:
By Sedans
huh?
By madness
It's all fixed I just put
Release Date: 1st March 2006
where it was ment to be
Release Date: 1st March 2007
By Sedans
another soul! :D im not online alone!

edit: nevermind :(
By madness
while I'm in the process of finishing the website does anyone have any questions or any ideas?
By cars358
do you do eny GOOD mods you should check this website called the drivercrew awsome mods 4 it
By nitrored
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
*noobish*wats modding?
By Sedans
when you edit things in tha game
By nitrored
its 4 the pc though rite?
By Sedans
both platforms, if im correct
By nitrored
how do u do it?
By Lseven7
As far as I understand, it is possible to mod all platforms, although PC is by far the easiest, as you can access the files easily. I also belive that Driv3r is a very difficult game to mod, although I have little knowledge of modding.
By madness
cars358 wrote:do you do eny GOOD mods you should check this website called the drivercrew awsome mods 4 it
Never herd of it before, do you have a link?
DPLkicksASS wrote:*noobish*wats modding?
Where you modify part of a game.
DPLkicksASS wrote:how do u do it?
That's the purpose of the site to explain this, it's an entire website because there is so much to explain about all the files and stuff like that.
DPLkicksASS wrote:its 4 the pc though rite?
Mainly PC Because it's easier to modify, however we might go slightly into xbox, ps1 and ps2 versions of the games.

[hr]

I'm also am working on modding the original driver right now so we'll get to know more about it and of course driv3r is still high on my list so basically it's going to give modding information about driver and driv3r, driver: Parallel lines when it is released and maybe a bit on the ps1 version of driver 2's ps1 version.
By madness
As some of you may know, I've pushed the release date around enough.
It's a year ever since I originally thought of the idea, and have almost gotten nowhere.

So I have decided to implement this project into the DriverWiki project. So the DriverWiki project will include all the modding information I have been talking about above.

This goes along the same with the other project I have started working on including Lists, FAQs, Modding and more.
By Coyote
So this site about Driver modding will never be released ?!
By Daltarin-Elite
It will be, but not exactly as it was, madness is just putting all the modding info that would have been on the modding site, into the driverwiki, so if you you want to access modding details, just search for it on the wiki and it'll be there... Or atleast that's the message i get from this.
By Lseven7
Driver Wiki is going to be a mass collaboration of all information (that's what a wiki is) relevant to driver, including the information on modding. Having a specific site for modding would therefore be redundant.

So to answer Coyote, as far as I understand it, Driver Modding will never be released as it will be rendered obsolete by Driver Wiki. So you will still get the same information from Driver Wiki that you would have got from Driver Modding, plus a lot more.

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]