Free-for-all discussion!
We're all aware of Rockstar creating different GTA IV multiplayer characters for the PC release, but why? No one knows. I've been interested in making GTA IV animations and primarily using GTA IV PS3/Xbox 360 multiplayer characters models.
Seem familiar? Besides the fact that just about every female pedestrian uses this pants texture, this one in particular is smaller then any other version of it, and I have only found it included with one pedestrian, which also was included along side a few unused textures.

This I think was used by other pedestrians, but it also looks like one of the hair choices for the female multiplayer character from the PS3 and Xbox 360 version.

It appears that f_y_pvillbo_02 uses a similar if not the same face texture and model as the one from the console multiplayer characters.
Yes that is a beta screenshot and yes it was slightly different. I cannot find my GTA IV PS3 disc so this will be a placeholder for now, so you see what I'm referring to.
I still have not found one left over element from any male characters that were in GTA IV's console multiplayer characters.....
Until I seen this... This construction worker may have the same face model and or texture as one of the PS3 multiplayer choices.
(Screenshot taken from one of my old videos)
They look similar, huh?
(Actual texture)
If any of you have access to or can tell me how to extract the PS3/Xbox 360 multiplayer character models and textures myself then please let me know.
Finding the XB360 and PS3 models would be hard, since the multiplayer models all have different pieces. I can rip all of them out though (OpenIV imports a pedestrian with all of it's meshes but you can delete one and you can just merge one if you want) so you can check them out once I get them exported from the OpenFormats script for 3ds Max (Y)
DatDirtyBananas wrote:Finding the XB360 and PS3 models would be hard, since the multiplayer models all have different pieces. I can rip all of them out though (OpenIV imports a pedestrian with all of it's meshes but you can delete one and you can just merge one if you want) so you can check them out once I get them exported from the OpenFormats script for 3ds Max (Y)
Actual models from the PS3 or Xbox 360 would be a dream, if you could do that I would much appreciate that. 3Ds max is very confusing with installing a GTA IV model importer so I was quick to quit on that, I have better things to do.
That .gif makes no sense in that context.
Anyways, old news regarding the MP chars being different on the console versions of IV. Niko's suits are different as well, and ofc the white cop head that R* forgot on the PC version. (restored thanks to Custo's fixed cops)
And yeah, no OpenFormats for the console model files due to them being completely different formats sadly.
Wheels this is why we question you. We simply do not understand why you do certain things.
As for this topic, that's a shame. I will have to see what format the console models have, and or try to extract things that were running in real time such as 3DRipperDX did. No, I did not say I was going to use that, but I would have to grant access to a PS3 development kit. Well, how about textures? If I can at least get some of those then I could at least try to mimic the original models and place the actual textures on my remakes.
Olanov wrote:You can't export them to OpeFormats due to their console format, sadly.
Really? sh*t! I wasn't sure anyway because there's a shitload of files in those IMG archives :lol: I'd actually like to know how to use the OpenFormats for importing models and having them in-game (I think Skylabh used OpenFormats if I'm right :?)
VAIMAHDO wrote:Wheels this is why we question you. We simply do not understand why you do certain things.
As for this topic, that's a shame. I will have to see what format the console models have, and or try to extract things that were running in real time such as 3DRipperDX did. No, I did not say I was going to use that, but I would have to grant access to a PS3 development kit. Well, how about textures? If I can at least get some of those then I could at least try to mimic the original models and place the actual textures on my remakes.
This is what Olanov was trying to explain. You can't extract anything on console because it it's a console, not a computer. (OK, when you think about it, yeah it is, but does it run Windows?)
Wheels wrote:
Olanov wrote:You can't export them to OpeFormats due to their console format, sadly.
As for most of you, I put that gif up because I was waiting for someone to answer VAIMAHDO on his question rather than having me do it because all of a sudden PostalDude and VAIMAHDO switched places.

To be honest, now PostalDude is having better preformance here. (It's a compliment. You're welcome.)
Wheels wrote:
VAIMAHDO wrote:Wheels this is why we question you. We simply do not understand why you do certain things.
This is what Olanov was trying to explain. You can't extract anything on console because it it's a console, not a computer. (OK, when you think about it, yeah it is, but does it run Windows?)
So many things wrong here I don't know where to start. You can download an ISO of the PS3/360 version of IV with ease and get into the .rpfs no problem, it's just the model files aren't .wtd and .wft format on the console versions. The PS3 and 360 versions have their own unique extensions.
PostalDude wrote: So many things wrong here I don't know where to start. You can download an ISO of the PS3/360 version of IV with ease and get into the .rpfs no problem, it's just the model files aren't .wtd and .wft format on the console versions. The PS3 and 360 versions have their own unique extensions.
Finally, someone knows what they're talking about. Wheels, stop being judgmental just because someone disagreed with you once in your life. I will be sure to research those console's model file formats.
PostalDude wrote:
Wheels wrote:
So many things wrong here I don't know where to start. You can download an ISO of the PS3/360 version of IV with ease and get into the .rpfs no problem, it's just the model files aren't .wtd and .wft format on the console versions. The PS3 and 360 versions have their own unique extensions.
Of course they wouldn't be PC formats. The console data is encrypted (that wouldn't work anyway if there was a way to decrypt those files)
Uh, no sh*t? I'm just saying they use different formats. It's to be expected. The Renderware era GTA games used .dff and .txd irregardless of platform, but the way they were structured internally depended on the platform. Same goes for IV except the extensions differ from platform to platform.
DatDirtyBananas wrote:
PostalDude wrote:
Wheels wrote:
Of course they wouldn't be PC formats. The console data is encrypted (that wouldn't work anyway if there was a way to decrypt those files)
You know, that reminds me of when I put my Driver 2 disc in the PC's disc reader. I had a feeling they were encrypted.
PostalDude wrote:
DatDirtyBananas wrote:
PostalDude wrote:Uh, no sh*t?
You really had to say that in a smartass attitude of yours? :lol:
Because of this.
Of course they wouldn't be PC formats.
Smart-assery in exchange for smart-assery.
I still don't get it. 0/0 not from IGN.
Wheels wrote:
PostalDude wrote:
DatDirtyBananas wrote:
Because of this.
please just stop
Wheels wrote:
PostalDude wrote:
DatDirtyBananas wrote:
Because of this.
Don't worry about it. I had sh*tty attitude yesterday
Olanov wrote:
Wheels wrote:I still don't get it. 0/0 not from IGN.
Holy f**k. What you don't understand is no one is interested in your sh*tty try hard memes.
Not being tryhard. If you say tryhard that's like saying you're sitting behind a computer screen pretending to be a cop. That's tryhard.

You can go out there, and be a cop in real life. Pretty simplified, huh?
Wheels wrote:Not being tryhard. If you say tryhard that's like saying you're sitting behind a computer screen pretending to be a cop. That's tryhard. You can go out there, and be a cop in real life. Pretty simplified, huh?
Well, it's pretty obvious you got no clue what you're talking about and half, if not more people here hate you. Showing yourself to the door is always an option.

Also, fact of the matter is: there is a f***ing difference. I have made no statements what-so-ever claiming to be a cop. I like cops and cop related sh*t. Meanwhile you're trying your hardest to add funny overused memes and other sh*t into your posts. That and you're constantly spewing nonesense bullsh** nobody understands.

Goes off to show that you're a mongoloid.
Olanov wrote:
Wheels wrote:Not being tryhard. If you say tryhard that's like saying you're sitting behind a computer screen pretending to be a cop. That's tryhard. You can go out there, and be a cop in real life. Pretty simplified, huh?
Well, it's pretty obvious you got no clue what you're talking about and half, if not more people here hate you. Showing yourself to the door is always an option.

Also, fact of the matter is: there is a f***ing difference. I have made no statements what-so-ever claiming to be a cop. I like cops and cop related sh*t. Meanwhile you're trying your hardest to add funny overused memes and other sh*t into your posts. That and you're constantly spewing nonesense bullsh** nobody understands.

Daaaaammmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn :o
Olanov made it pretty clear already but..
Wheels wrote: Not being tryhard. If you say tryhard that's like saying you're sitting behind a computer screen pretending to be a cop. That's tryhard.

He never said he was acting like a cop. Did he yell at you to get on your knees and put your hands behind your back? I don't think so.
Olanov wrote:

Wasn't trying to be funny. Just making a refrence to IGN which I myself found sh*tty.

A "matter of f***ing difference" is where (for example) something is different than the other, lets say, the Beta Buick compared to the car in the final game of Driver. The side of the Beta Buick are similiar to the side of the car in the final game for Miami.

Was never claiming you were a cop. You can like cops and cop related "sh*t", but seeing you play Saints Row 2 and patrolling the city is almost like "what the f**k were you thinking?".

There's an option to be a real life cop.
VAIMAHDO wrote:Olanov made it pretty clear already but..
Wheels wrote: Not being tryhard. If you say tryhard that's like saying you're sitting behind a computer screen pretending to be a cop. That's tryhard.

He never said he was acting like a cop. Did he yell at you to get on your knees and put your hands behind your back? I don't think so.
You missed the point. What I meant was that
"pretending to be a cop"
was pointing out that doing things like LCPFR to pretend to be a cop (yes, I used lcpfr as an example. if you have a problem, unplug your battery, or machine, and walk away) seems tryhard.

There's an option to be a cop in real life, and it's about the same as in the game.
But, anyone that decided to argue with me (VAIMAHDO excluded. Didn't seem like he got involved) can continue because I'm just going to ignore the arguments. I'll view them once or twice just to get a laugh.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]