Free-for-all discussion!
By Wheels
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
They've had Saints Row 4 banned. Wow, the government is a bit of a killjoy, eh?
By VAIMAHDO
You could say that again, so I will. Banning video games for how someone feels about it really blows. I wish you guys had more freedom of choice. I mean, we have game age appropriate ratings, isn't that good enough? Hopefully Australia doesn't ban the hell out of every game I produce... Although if they do, I wouldn't be surprised.. Why was Saints Row 4 banned in the first place?
By Wheels
0takumetalhead wrote:I thought SR4 would only have a sidequest removed?
No, the Australian Government is too f***ing picky, so what they did was ban it, and (maybe) request another version. I feel bad for Australia.
By Fab2cent
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Well im from Australia (so is madness so he can back me up on this)...i think we missed out on about 30 minutes to an hour of game play, plus we missed out on certain DLC weapons, not that much, but still its sh*t we don't get the same amount of gameplay as everybody else (and we had to pay like $88 for it). some other examples are we didn't get the 2011 mortal kombat game until 2013 due to it being to violent and games such as left 4 dead 2 and the getaway are censored and have very little gore/violence compared to international copies.
By Wheels
Fab2cent wrote:Well im from Australia (so is madness so he can back me up on this)...i think we missed out on about 30 minutes to an hour of game play, plus we missed out on certain DLC weapons, not that much, but still its sh*t we don't get the same amount of gameplay as everybody else (and we had to pay like $88 for it). some other examples are we didn't get the 2011 mortal kombat game until 2013 due to it being to violent and games such as left 4 dead 2 and the getaway are censored and have very little gore/violence compared to international copies.
I feel bad for Australia, and you. :(
By T.K.
Yahtzee Croshaw put it best: The Australian government thinks everyone under the age of 35 is a serial murder-rapist waiting to happen.
By helkensinken
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Friends Avatar
brazil: Brazil has banned many video games, mainly due to high impact violence and/or depictions of cruelty.[6] In Brazil, It is not only illegal to sell these games to the public, It is also illegal to possess, own or import any of these games. Any person caught selling, owning, importing or possession of such games can be punished with either fines, imprisonment or both.

Please note that most of these bans were created years after the game's release, and are usually not checked anythere, so they can be still purchased online.

australia: Originally, video games in Australia could only be rated up to MA15+. At the time, the R18+ classification rating could be given to film, but a video game with content deemed fitting for the R18+ rating would be 'Refused Classification' due to an appropriate classification not being available for the medium.

In July and August 2011, all Australian state Attorney-Generals agreed to instate an R18+ rating for video games, which would be available by the end of 2011. Many games previously refused classification would now fit into the R18+ rating and, if the publisher chose to pay the reclassification fee, would theoretically be able to sell their game in Australia. The date was later changed to allow the rating to be introduced at the beginning of 2013.[2]

With the R18+ rating in place, it is expected fewer video games will be refused classification. Games may still be refused classification if deemed to contain material unsuitable for R18+ classification, such as depictions of sexual violence or the promotion of illegal drug use. More specifically, games which may be refused classification include:

Detailed instruction or promotion in matters of crime or violence.
The promotion or provision of instruction in paedophile activity.
Descriptions or depictions of child sexual abuse or any other exploitative or offensive descriptions or depictions involving a person who is, or appears to be, a child under 18 years.
Gratuitous, exploitative or offensive depictions of:
violence with a very high degree of impact or which are excessively frequent, prolonged or detailed;
cruelty or real violence which are very detailed or which have an extremely high impact;
sexual violence
Depictions of practices such as bestiality
Gratuitous, exploitative or offensive depictions of:
activity accompanied by fetishes or practices that are offensive or abhorrent;
incest fantasies or other fantasies that are offensive or abhorrent

wow look at this in brazil u can can get jail :shock: . definity autralia is not unlucky.
By VAIMAHDO
.-. They got into serious detail with that... it sounds like maybe half of the games I make will be banned in a few countries. (Ability to eat other people with all actual body parts {This applies to zombie like games or creatures that are similar to human}) and also able to have any part of a limb or body part be detached or ripped. (Lets say you fall off a huge building, yes, your character will explode and you can see all of the real life body parts dependent on the damage). But anyway I was just mentioning some game ideas I've had for a while and might take into consideration. Back on topic... Really? Owning a "violent" game in Brazil and you will be heavily fined and imprisoned.... Wow :(
By helkensinken
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Friends Avatar
@dark no only the game is banned. if you buy or sell a banned game u can recive a R$ 1000 fine or a 1 year prision(i think).but not only stong voilent games can banned yes if use a unautozed muisic in the game or film inspiration the game can be banned.wow.

@t.k in brazil any teenager is considered a assasin-rapisty whitout gulity in any crime only the parents are the gulity of crimes of teenager or child. :evil:
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]