Free-for-all discussion!
By VAIMAHDO
The few of you who are excited for my "DRIV3R Animations" Project are probably wondering what happened to it. Well I will tell you right now that I have been working on it a lot! But as the days get closer to my dad's birthday on March 11th, I've been thinking what I should do for him. So here's what I've been planning: A destructive video of people speeding through a city and killing each other. As these people push their vehicles far past their limits, they would climb around each other's cars and try to commandeer one that isn't about to die on them! Our protagonist, or well, more of just a person the camera is following, was going to be a demonic like human imitation of a woman driving a heavily modified parody of a 1970 Dodge Challenger. And believe it or not, this vehicle idea has been around since I was in 3rd grade back in 2007! There is a drawing from 2007 I made and an edited version of a black one I did with MS Paint. That was back in 2011. Back on the movie itself. The idea of characters have been cut as well as movie length due to limited time to complete this. Now you will all see what I'm (a 7th) capable of! A 7th because of me having weak computers, limited time to complete this, and issues with parts that fall off vehicles staying on correctly as well as my lack of knowledge to correctly add bones to character models. Project so far:

Post edited by Skylabh.
Reason: picture no longer available.

What the actual weather will probably be like in the finial video:

Post edited by Skylabh.

Annoyingly I've been looking for hours for one of the old pictures, found none. I'll find one of them tomorrow. :mrgreen: Here's the project CURRENTLY:

Post edited by Skylabh.

On our left we have the Dodge Challenger like car :wink: Here's an update, engines will be present!

Post edited by Skylabh.

Post edited by Skylabh.

All the parts taken apart here are all the parts that will be able to break off!

Post edited by Skylabh.

Gotta love that weather <3 Parts list: Front frame, interior/interior frame, rear frame, glove box, tires, bumpers, left and right side fenders, hood, trunk, headlights, taillights, windshield, rear windshield, engine, engine fan, radiator, battery, steering wheel, steering wheel bar, wheel supports, doors, gass pedal, break pedal, sub frame of the vehicle's face, speaker box/cover, and a full exhaust pipe! And all of these parts can dent, break, crack, and tear!
Last edited by VAIMAHDO on Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
No offence but if you want a Challenger, you still have a long way to go, considering these models are well to be frank, boxy at best making it look -like max said- like a Diplomat.
You can't be too quick to judge. The Challenger is not done OBVIOUSLY, and I have to constantly worry about optimization and framerate. If I'm going to have 30+ different vehicles exploding and changing models to simulate soft body, as well as a city with destructible environments, then I'm going to have to keep everything VERY simple. I need to keep at LEAST 35fps during the animating process or I will end up with everything happening at wrong times and terrible movement. The video will be ran at 30fps, possibly 20 if I have framerate issues. 192MB of video memory and a 2.00GHZ processor = it's not going to be pretty. I can't wait to build a dam computer that will actually have some guts! Side note: I've added engines to the vehicles and now I'm really going to worry about my framerate. .-. I'm paying close attention to how many polygons DRIV3R's cars have, and their all around 3000, so I'm keeping a limit of under 3000 faces per car. -My apologies for long reply .-. It's so admirable to have low polygon cars that have so many parts, and can dent pretty accurately.

Post edited by Skylabh.

Post edited by Skylabh.

Post edited by Skylabh.
By the way you guys, I clearly stated that I said "On our left here we have a vehicle that strongly resembles a Challanger" So that means its..

Post edited by Skylabh.

I'm not stupid enough to make a vehicle that looks like a Diplomat and say it's a Challanger. When I was building the Diplomat like vehicle, I actually had a 1970 Cadillac Eldrado in mind, but of course, I wasn't trying to copy the car.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]