Free-for-all discussion!
By bb_42001
RacingFreak wrote:THANK YOU!!

Looks like my model is useful for remaking it too :D

Funny how in Gone in 60 Seconds a '70 Challenger was used to turn into '72-73 one.

For promoting Driver they were able to get a '70 Challenger :D

In 2010, a '72 Challenger was used to mimick a '70 one for the DSF Teaser Trailer :? Watching how they drilled that spoiler to the boot was horrible :cry: Any idea what happened to it after filming?
In Australia there was a competition to win a DSF charger with the release of DSF, I wonder if that was it?

Edit: Here is the winners post about it on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/notes/ubisoft/ ... 354849578/
RacingFreak liked this

bb42001

Noodles

By arath060
Registration Days Posts Avatar
RacingFreak wrote: In 2010, a '72 Challenger was used to mimick a '70 one for the DSF Teaser Trailer :? Watching how they drilled that spoiler to the boot was horrible :cry: Any idea what happened to it after filming?
Probably got tossed to the shitter and crushed, no sane person would buy that '72 after they slaughtered it for that trailer.
By bb_42001
What has everyone been doing lately? What games have you been playing? I have been playing battlefield 1 as i collected it yesterday and omfg its an awesome game!

bb42001

Noodles

By Skylabh
Well i have been playing the Driver series, as usual. I somehow neglected GTA 4 for quite some time now.
By bb_42001
PostalDude wrote:Burnout 3, Saints Row, GTA SA and playing the hilarious beta test for Ghost Recon Wildlands. It's like if Driv3r, Just Cause 1, and Mercs 2 had an orgy.
You will never believe this but, Battlefield 1 actually has a really good campaign... unlike most battlefield games

bb42001

Noodles

By max.thunder
Mafia III lately non stop, totally inmersed in the world of late 60s, the story and cinematics keep me hooked up to see what's going to happen next. I would say the game has gone of the same path as Driv3r situation, it's nowhere as buggy as everyone is trying to portray it, i haven't encountered any of the game breaking glitches that I saw in some videos. Maybe the game lacks in some technical aspects compared to previous installments but it's counterbalanced with some new features which remind me of Scarface TWIY. Overall it's actually a pretty good game and I would recommend to give it a try. Another reason to don't trust reviews and try the game for yourself.
By ASV
Registration Days Posts Avatar
Hmm Mafia III. I have to say I was pretty underwhelmed by it. I played it on my PS4 and the much further I got in the game the more often it crashed. Until the end of the story it probably crashed about 30 times. That is a pretty high number and really annoying. The main problem of the game is that it has a really good story, but the devs were simply not able to integrate it meaningfully into the world of New Bordeaux.

After I played Mafia III I started to play Mafia I which I never played before. When you compare the mission design you see how much further the almost 15-year old title was compared to his 2nd successor. The capturing of territory in Mafia III is so damn repetitive that you could fall asleep. I don't get why they did not build missions around it, give tools to develop and manage your districts and why a game called Mafia is unable to have crew elements (in the sense of missions with your organization members) in its core gameplay.

While I did not see major glitches in the game I had huge lighting problems. That started with totally white screens that you could not see anything anymore and corrupted cut scenes because of the same lighting effects. On the technical side of things, the game felt totally unpolished. The AI is really bad and can easily be systematically disabled. The further you progress in the story the more unpolished the game felt. For example, in the first chapters my car (the one I drove to the mission) was always saved and parked at the scene. When I left after the cut scene or the mission continued I was able to enter my car again. Also, the car of the CIA agent was always parked in front of the Motel, but later on in the game you never see it again. These are not big things, but they show that things were not done as they were initially planned.

I could now go on with the Open-World that lacks so many things like saving cars, police interaction (there was supposed to be a racist element???), crew interaction, side activities and so on, but I would possibly never stop and it just makes me angry that it got released like that.

No, it is not a bad game by definition, but it is far away from a good one too. The thing that rescues it is its great story that sadly gets dragged down by its worse counterparts. Especially when you keep in mind that Take2 owns Rockstar Games the industry standard in open-world gaming, then I am really annoyed and do not understand why Mafia does not copy good elements from its mother company / gets advice from in-house Rockstar Games. I find it sad but it is what it is. Honestly if I had to be part of the dev team I would be even more pissed to tank my time into a game that could easily be so much better than what was delivered in the end. But as fans of the driver series hah we know too well what that feels like.
By TheEngiGuy
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
bb_42001 wrote:
PostalDude wrote:Burnout 3, Saints Row, GTA SA and playing the hilarious beta test for Ghost Recon Wildlands. It's like if Driv3r, Just Cause 1, and Mercs 2 had an orgy.
You will never believe this but, Battlefield 1 actually has a really good campaign... unlike most battlefield games
The best Battlefield campaign is offline conquest with bots.
By Nikusakken
I've been so busy and focused lately that I didn't even knew that Mafia III had been released already. I miss playing games.
By bb_42001
Nikusakken wrote:I've been so busy and focused lately that I didn't even knew that Mafia III had been released already. I miss playing games.
It seems like a really good game, i doubt i will play it, but i have been watching gameplay videos of it.
How have you been, What have you been doing?

bb42001

Noodles

By Nikusakken
bb_42001 wrote:
Nikusakken wrote:I've been so busy and focused lately that I didn't even knew that Mafia III had been released already. I miss playing games.
It seems like a really good game, i doubt i will play it, but i have been watching gameplay videos of it.
How have you been, What have you been doing?
I'm quite fine. I've been working and studying a lot, specially mobile development. Hopefully in a few months I'll get my degree.
bb_42001 liked this
By Skylabh
Well i fixed my old Playstation, also an old cupboard (the assembly needed it). Currently i'm trying to fix one of my sata HDD (pcb board replaced but i have to switch the chips bios before i can use the HDD).
Otherwise since the last year, about the Driver series, i started a Driver 2 "prototype" in Unity 5 (based on EVP). For now I recreated intros and some parts of the menus, until the city is loaded with the selected vehicle (at least Chicago and Havana, but no traffic currently). Also the maps (incomplete) in the pause menu. I studied two possible ways for the damages. There is also a playable Tanner of course.
I put all that aside currently so I didn't go too far in this project since.
Untill now i didn't create a topic about it, but if i do, i could put some screens.
ASV liked this
By bb_42001
Skylabh wrote:Well i fixed my old Playstation, also an old cupboard (the assembly needed it). Currently i'm trying to fix one of my sata HDD (pcb board replaced but i have to switch the chips bios before i can use the HDD).
Otherwise since the last year, about the Driver series, i started a Driver 2 "prototype" in Unity 5 (based on EVP). For now I recreated intros and some parts of the menus, until the city is loaded with the selected vehicle (at least Chicago and Havana, but no traffic currently). Also the maps (incomplete) in the pause menu. I studied two possible ways for the damages. There is also a playable Tanner of course.
I put all that aside currently so I didn't go too far in this project since.
Untill now i didn't create a topic about it, but if i do, i could put some screens.
I would love to see some screenshots of the prototype, And i am sure everyone would love too as well
ASV liked this

bb42001

Noodles

By Skylabh
bb_42001 wrote:I would love to see some screenshots of the prototype, And i am sure everyone would love too as well
Ok so i will put them, maybe it's time to show some work i did since.
Nikusakken wrote:Some moron crashed an Eleanor here in Brazil.
Wow... Poor car.
By RacingFreak
PostalDude wrote:
Nikusakken wrote:Some moron crashed an Eleanor here in Brazil.

-snip-
>GI60S 2000
nothing of value was lost
Indeed. It was already turned into cancer, poor '67 Stang.
PostalDude liked this
By bb_42001
Has everyone bought their Christmas present yet or do you believe in Christmas? If you guys do what did you buy?

I havent even started to buy my Christmas presents yet lol

bb42001

Noodles

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]