Free-for-all discussion!
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
"sorry to burst your bubble"
for some reason I've been saying that in a few posts recently. If you wondering where I got it from well you can take a look at the owner of the post above "Daltarin-Elite" who has burst my bubble a couple of times before. Well two times in one day exactly.
It's True i did. And i don't know why i said that but it seemed like a good thing to say at the time. and i noticed you've been using it over the last few days since i said that to you. It's touching to know you like what i say enough to steal it. Go ahead though i really don't care.
By Daltarin-Elite
Boss, regarding your suggestion that I take a look at Daltarin-Elite: Okay, then. I’m about to do some reading here at your website this evening. I’ll take a little tour through Daltarin-Elite’s contributions while I’m at it. And I’ll probably wish that I had waited until I had already done that and have a better frame of reference before commenting that I only wish I were as sure about anything as Daltarin-Elite is about everything. LOL!
Hey What! why are people suggesting that you look at me. And i'm not sure on everything i just try and act as sure as possible to avoid retaliation at the type of nonsense i've seen round the place.
By Miller
Dude, as someone once told me, you just need to calm down. (I'm pretty sure you deserved that, but I hope it makes you laugh instead of making you feel agitated.) Daltarin-Elite, I think those instructions referenced two posts up may have been the result of Madness’s insight, which most likely has begun to tell him that I need a little bit of help in clarifying things sometimes. Regarding the comment you quoted by me, about being sure about everything, well, that’s merely an example—and probably a good one—of someone taking a bit of liberty with the facts or the truth (in case those aren’t always the same thing) in order to make others—and himself—laugh (one of the main reasons I come here, to be sure).

Yah, I'm afraid that to some extent nonsense is rather like nourishment to me. It's been a tough life, and this place helps me forget about that for little while when I come visit you guys. I don’t really mean to aggravate anyone. I don’t mind apologizing when it happens. And I hope I can take it, as well as dish it out.

On that account, I wouldn’t want anyone to let it confuse him or her that I am willing to respond to some things that aren’t even worth a reply, and in a similar fashion if it’s meant to be playful. The fact is that I’d probably have to care about what someone thinks before I could be hurt by what that person says. That having been said, there have probably been a few times when some who didn’t mean to hurt me wound up in that condition, themselves. I’m only human, after all.
Sedans wrote:
Miller wrote: I'd just like to say that my misbehavior is probably due to Sedans's influence on me.

Possible translation: The devil made me do it.
Sure blame it on me.
LOL! Thanks for assuming that was just a joke, and for not taking offense, buddy. Oh, yah, and for writing something funny back.
By Sedans
Lol, yea i figured (or atleast was hoping) that you didnt mean that, so i was just like "ok well ill just be sarcastic and mayb he aint serious..."
By Daltarin-Elite
Lol, yea i figured (or atleast was hoping) that you didnt mean that, so i was just like "ok well ill just be sarcastic and mayb he aint serious..."
Yes. I could only hope you would manage to read that in MY writing sometimes. a lot of the things i say are sarcastic but i think people take me too seriously. Yes i speak my mind generally all the time but that doesn't stop me from breaking out the licenses of sarcasm and cracking it on someone. It's Fun.
Boss, regarding your suggestion that I take a look at Daltarin-Elite: Okay, then. I’m about to do some reading here at your website this evening. I’ll take a little tour through Daltarin-Elite’s contributions while I’m at it.
I still don't understand why this has been said or who it is going to help. Could someone please explain this to me. Miller says a lot that he is always paranoid and in a situation like this when that has been written about me i start to feel it too. WTF?
By Sedans
D-E, people take you to serious becasue half tha time when you say stuff, you mean it.

And i dunno whats up between D-E and Miller...
By Daltarin-Elite
D-E, people take you to serious becasue half tha time when you say stuff, you mean it.
When talking about the games maybe, but when talking to people i tend to joke a bit with what i say. that's just the kind of person i am.
By Miller
LOL! I rather doubted I was going to get away with all the jokes I’ve been laying on so thick. As I was saying last weekend or whenever it was, I am sorry about any rough feelings my posts have caused, and I don’t mind apologizing about it. I guess it’s easy for anyone’s intentions to be misunderstood when you can’t hear their vocal inflection or see their facial expressions and stuff. I seem to be pretty poor at putting out an effort to use the tools here that are meant to serve as substitutes for those things. Maybe I should employ those tools here. I’ve only been a regular participant at I think two other message board places since first going online several years ago, and at both of those places the members didn’t ever seem to have any difficulty judging when I was kidding or not.

I guess I might want to try harder here to be less ambiguous, as I was recently writing in response to yet another post on the matter by Sedans.

I guess maybe Daltarin-Elite has a dry sense of humor or something. I don’t know because I don’t really understand what dry sense of humor means, even though I looked it up. That’s cool about the Internet, btw, that you can look up groups of words, expressions, phrases, etc. that aren’t in dictionaries that only define single words or compound nouns and stuff like that. Now, I’m beginning to get an idea of what people are actually talking about.

Thinking about the exchanges that were occurring during my first week back at the Driver Madness website, I’d have to say it seems like I was sitting rather squarely on the fence, and perhaps looking a little indecisive. While I really don’t think so, myself, I can see how it may indeed look like I didn’t know if I wished to try diffusing some of the tension in the air, or if I wanted to join what seemed to be a collective reaction to what some might have deemed somewhat unpleasant demeanor in the midst of the community. I was pretty sure about it, though. I was sure I was doing both. (oh, yah—lol)

It didn’t seem like much of a big deal to me, either. Sure, in my real life I’ve got a pretty short sense of patience with deliberate antagonism, but I’d rather leave that stressful baloney behind when I come to visit this website if I can manage to do so. People here have been helpful in that respect, too. There can be no doubt that, while having been here nowhere near as long as other regular visitors, I have easily rubbed people the wrong way a number of times (I guess I’m efficient at something, anyway). But people have been understanding, and easy going about it even when they felt it necessary to express a bit of discontent with me. I like that sort of reception. I like seeing that sort of regard shared in a community of creatures such as we are.

I’ve never cared much for interpersonal conflict where it seems unnecessary. And I do wish some people would try as hard to consider conflict unnecessary as they seem to try to do the opposite (I guess we'll never know what that world would have been like). Those sentiments are becoming stronger than ever in me these days, as I am getting closer to the exit than I am to the entrance, and it’s looking like that may be a lot closer than my age alone would suggest, which is kind of a drag. I’m getting tired of fighting with people for no good reason.

To tell the truth, I pretty much always was. I should probably admit that there have most likely been too many times when I thought there was a good reason for it when there really wasn’t. I think that is just part of human nature, unfortunately. That’s probably why they say “history is just one damn thing after another." I’m glad things seem to be improving as we humans go along. That’s somewhat encouraging. I wish I felt more like one of the people helping to make that happen, instead of one of those who is part of the reason it has been taking so long.

So, anyway, if people at DriverMadness.net can handle my routine antics without making me feel as though I’ve worn out my welcome, I’m sure whatever roiled up a little recently will settle back down, especially once someone more arrogant and self-insulated than we are comes along and people decide they’d rather eat that person for lunch instead of cannibalizing each other (ei: Driverboob types...heh, Driverboob. I feel like stealing that name to use myself). I’m not really into ganging up on people even when they rate it, actually. I think it can often be a symptom of weakness rather than a sign of consensus. So, I hope none of us sweats it for too long, the way things went here for a bit recently, unless you just need to lose a few pounds for summer.

Oh, wait, I guess it’s like the middle of winter or something where some of you guys live, eh? That’s a trip. Up here Christmas is during the wintertime, and it’s all Santa Claus, snow sleds, and that sort of thing. What do you guys do down there at Christmas, have a BBQ cookout and pitch some horseshoes or something? That would rock, man.
By Sedans
Umm.. i have no comment on the top porton of Millers post, but for Christmas down here, Crime goes up, people are fighting at the mall for the newest game system and gangs shrivel away for about a week in hidinf because of alll the cops to control the madness. But we dont have snow, so we cant go snow sleding, but wwe do have "santa" and a warm feeling, a freindly kinda thing...
By Daltarin-Elite
Umm.. i have no comment on the top porton of Millers post, but for Christmas down here, Crime goes up, people are fighting at the mall for the newest game system and gangs shrivel away for about a week in hidinf because of alll the cops to control the madness. But we dont have snow, so we cant go snow sleding, but wwe do have "santa" and a warm feeling, a freindly kinda thing...
Sounds like a great life.

No. Sorry to dissapoint you Miller but i don't have a dry sense of humour but thank you for the sentiment. Its a little difficult to explain. It is sort of you find realy crap things funny. like if your at a party of fifty people and he tells the joke about the baby in a barrel (sorry evie) chances are that you have a dry sense of humour. Espaecially considering evie is now hooked on some pink drink for lesbians, called tab. Recently she has become hyperactive and has great moments where her energy spike and decrease in a matter of moments but that is her problem. any so if someone tells an equally distateful joke. the person that told it and the one yes ONE that laughs... has a dry sense of humour.

I'm not quite sure now so is the thing about you checking out my posts a joke?

And christmas. The beloved time where mother and father brother and sister come together in the hopes of a big &$%#@&^ present. yes down here in New Zealand we are indeed rather shallow and despite the fact we all say that christmas is a time for family... we all know that we are going to get some gifts. Have you noticed that grandmothers always buy you sweatshirts and pants or is that just my grandmother? And last christmas my cousin got a bed sheet set the had seminaked woman on them and pictures of their faces on the pillows...........................I'll just let that sink in for a moment................................from the same grandmother................Favourite grandson i think NOT!

We aren't big on snow here in new zealand. that being said we aren't big on twisters either except at KFC, and we just had 6 in the last two days rip apart part of a city. and it will be said that KFC twisters... I don't like em. i don't really eat salads. (sorry to all vegetarians... this isn't a subject i bring up lightly so don't take it to heart). and back to the snow. we get a bit at the top of the mountians and at the bottom of our south island but where me and l7seven live in sunny hawkes bay (except for the moment where it is absolutley pissing with rain) we get no snow... ever. kind of sucks. aparently white christmas' are something comepletly different. i'll have to ask fluffy(a guy from england. fluffy is his pet name(and the brand of his glasses are oliver(but that's not his name either(wow i've never done this many subbrackets before))))(RECORD) I'm sure he has an idea of what they are like. and i'm pretty sure he's had a new zealand xmas of give and want more than you gave and indeed got given.
And how at one point Miller you called me your prodigy... I fear that may be coming a reality. this by the look of it is my longest post outside of the one big story thread. and it took me a long time to write too. and before i leave...

Is easter about more than Chocolate?
By Miller
LOL! Man, I said “precocious prodigy”, not protégé.

As far as I’m concerned, that other thing you asked about is neither here nor there any longer.

Thanks for writing about things down there where you and Seven live, and for the explanation of wry wit or whatever.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Its kind of funny that tornadoes and snow should come into it... we pretty much never get tornadoes, and like D-E said snow only on mountains and at the bottom of the south Island. But Taranaki has just had a few tornadoes, and snow is much further north than normal. And you cant say we never get snow in hawkes bay, if you walk outside and look to the ranges you'll see some... ill take a photo tomorrow when its light. And we get light snow on Te Mata peak once every few years... thats within a few ks of both of our houses.

I like New Zealand chiristmases... I dont think ive ever had a christmas not at the beach in the sun. And its great hacing christmas and new year in the middle of summer holidays. It would be stupid having it the two week winter holidays we are having now.

And i think christmas is still a time for family... you get to see some people in your family you wouldnt normally. It seems easter is entirely about chocolate for most people now. That reminds me... ive still got an easter egg in the fridge. BRB.

mmm chocolate :)

Easter is all commercial now... its just an excuse for big shops to have a sale. I think they started advertising easter about 3 months early at The Warehouse. At this point i could lauch into a big debate about religion and how it is silly having holidays for a religion that only represents a small portion of the population. But for sedans sake, I wont :wink:. Besides I like Christmas and easter, regardless of their origins, and I suppose we should repect people who celebrate them for religous means.

ive just realised that i say ... on these forums a lot, and I dont do that anywhere else.

ive also just realised that it is kind of funny that this non postcounted thread is intended for useless one line posts about tacos, yet it seems that everyone posts a lot more thouroughly and a lot longer than elsewhere. i suppose its easy to stay on topic when there is no topic :lol:

PS where did Genevive's pink lesbian juice come into it? That stuff is worse than red bull and V.
Yuk
By Miller
..."useless one line posts about tacos..." LOL!

"i suppose its easy to stay on topic when there is no topic " You got that right, man.

Hey, nice to read more about where you guys are from. Thanks for taking the time to post the messages.

They still make TAB? I didn’t know that. Maybe not, and they just shipped all the old inventory to where you guys live. Speaking of soft drinks (soda pop, whatever), how about that episode (for those who are familiar with the TV show called Venture Brothers) where the Monarch—Dr. Venture’s evil nemesis or whatever. Arch rival? I don’t know what you call it. The bad guy—anyway, the Monarch says to one of his henchmen, something like, “Are you going past the fridge? Could you get me a Fresca?” LOL! That dude is so lame. I can’t believe the writers are that funny.

BTW, Fresca is my personal favorite soft drink, so you know…no surprise there, probably. Of course, they don't sell it where I live these days.
By Sedans
Where you live then?

I love me some Dr. Pepper, thats like, so much better than this "new coke" stuff
By Miller
Sedans wrote:Where you live then?
Well, buddy, you know I feel protective—perhaps irrationally so—of my personal information, including where I live. I know, that sounds silly, and also hypocritical, since I was going on about appreciating the stuff you guys write about the places where you all live. Let me see if I can upload an image to this message board, and I’ll at least give a very good clue about where in general it is that I live.

I suppose Madness may know exactly where I live. I assume he may have need to use IP tracing software in his work as a webmaster dude, but I don’t know how that stuff works or how specific the information is that such applications actually provide. I trust Madness well enough, though, even with my real name. Maybe later on, I will be able to loosen up and act like a normal person about the whole thing.

Here, let me see if I can add an image to this post... Wow, you got a lot of neat buttons and stuff to customize posts with here, boss. Was all this stuff at the other place? Oh, hey, there's a little button for inserting code. Doiyee! I didn't notice that particular thing before, I think. This website is cool, man. I’m glad I was able to meet back up with you guys here.

Aw, I don't know what I'm doing any more than I usually know what I’m saying. Suffice it to say that DRIVER games, trains, and rough neighborhoods aren't the only things we have in common, buddy. In fact, we are practically neighbors. I live in Mississippi, U.S.A., and the path hurricane Katrina followed went right through the city where I live.
Sedans wrote:I love me some Dr. Pepper, thats like, so much better than this "new coke" stuff
When I was a little kid, I really liked the flavor of Dr. Pepper, but no one else in my family did. So it was viewed by my siblings as special treatment that when my parents bought Dr. Pepper along with whatever the rest of them liked to drink. And let me tell you that in my family, with seven kids and a foster child, there was a price to be paid for anything perceived in that light, especially since I was the youngest, and a spoiled brat in their eyes. So, I grew up and got tired of Dr. Pepper, while the brother of mine who used to give me the most hell about it in our younger days turned out to be a Dr. Pepper addict as an adult. That’s funny.

That’s the same guy who would tell me that I was not only acting weird, but also wasting bread by dunking it in Dr. Pepper instead of making sandwiches with it. Any excuse to punch me, really. LOL! I have to admit, I liked him a lot, as he always acted the most sorry after he beat me up, whereas the others seemed to have no regrets. Ha, ha, ha. I enjoyed the years during which we two jammed out together (he played drums and I played guitar). He was also more willing than the others to help me with my dirt bike motorcycle.

*[Edit]*
In some other thread I was asking about your stuff being destroyed by hurricane Rita. I meant Katrina. I guess they probably both went through there, but I assume the Katrina storm was what actually created a disaster for you guys.
By Sedans
Nice to see you loosing up, wasnt so bad huh? anyways, ill be passing thru Mississippi next week, becasue summmer school lets out tommarrow, and im going to vacation in florida, beaches :D

Ya, you get any damage form Katrina?; no need to bring up my details, as you already know from a PM.

Yea, RIta didnt do much to me compared to katrina, lol, nothing left to be destroyed.
BTW: um ya im trying to keep it as safe as i can, let alone to where i live, going to school is almost as bad, i mean, the neighborhood, full of crips, actually.. check your inbox, i have a little story for you.

lol idk why i laughed i just did, it might just be the outta sckhool feeling. :D
By Daltarin-Elite
lol idk why i laughed i just did, it might just be the outta sckhool feeling.
We could only hope. but i have seen on an episode of Top Gear, i'm not quite sure if you guys get it in america, but they drove through new orleans and the state of everything was amazing. i honestly cannot beleive that it has been so long and it seems that nothing has been done about it. and to Lseven7 thats the episode screening this sunday. you'd better watch it because apart from when they drive through new orleans it is THE funniest episode yet.
By Sedans
Take it from a local- New Orleans used to be a town buzzing with excitment, mardi gras, fried chicken, jazz. Now, its a bad, bad place to be.
By Daltarin-Elite
we don't get mardi gras in NZ atleast not in the apparent traditional sense. Ins't it the festival of the gays. my mother has seen one like that and it is meant to be quite entertaining.

Do you get top gear in america?
By Sedans
I know! Louisiana is the only place in the whole world that has it!!!!. HELL NAW IT AINT NO FESTIVAL FOR GAYS WE SHOOT GAYS. mardi gras is mainly for "christian" people who celebrate one more day of getting drunk arrested ect before giving it up for lent. but everyone celebrates it christian or not.

top gear, the TV show? im not sure, but i think so, what channel?
By Daltarin-Elite
yeah the TV show. how should i know know what channel its on. I'll hazard a guess at BBC world but if you get BBC 2 which i don't think you will it will definately be on that.

But the give crap to every american car saying that americans aren't used to corners and they mock american people in general.

qoute: "This is what it's like here in a america. Theres your best western hotel theres the lobster inn where you eat. here, everybody is very fat and everybody is very rude" - Jeremy Clarkson.

This is the typical outlook on america.
By Sedans
and your trying to offened me why??? no.1 im the exact opposite than fat, and im nice to people that are nice to me, but take it fom mi friends im not the guy you want to **** wit.

America rulezzz

but the schooling systems suck azz
By Daltarin-Elite
and your trying to offened me why??? no.1 im the exact opposite than fat, and im nice to people that are nice to me, but take it fom mi friends im not the guy you want to **** wit.

America rulezzz

but the schooling systems suck azz
No offence intended. this is a quote by the host of Top Gear. I have never been to america and therfore cannot form an opinion on something like that. but apparently english people are pretty rude and if you didn't already know Top Gear is an english car program
By Sedans
my b.

I heard of it before but it had something to do with a train... :|
By Daltarin-Elite
once they tried to see whether a car could beat a train on a cross country trip. i think they used the SLR mclaren or something like that and they took a train through the chanel tunnel into france to transport a truffle or something like that to some fancy resteraunt for dinner.

The car was faster by the way. it kicked the trains arse.
By Sedans
hmm, no i saw a clip where they crashed a train into a minivan...
By Daltarin-Elite
Oh yeah. i saw that. they were making thier own health and safety video and they did it rather badly. that they type of thing they do a lot though. especially to caravans. they hate caravans.
By Sedans
yah, was they guy with 2 helmets that kept shouting in the video the host, that little punk.
By Daltarin-Elite
Yeah The Guy with two helmets and the megaphone was jeremy clarkson. the guy he ws yelling at was Richard Hammond also known as the hamster. this wasn't the safety video however. this was them trying to fix a kilometer strip of raod in 24 hours as apposed to the standard week it takes in england
By Sedans
jeremy clarkson huh? hed wouldnt say **** to my face. dudes name sounds like a *****

Hi. I saw in Helegad's thread about beta stuff in […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg