A place to stop and chat about any of the hobbies you may have!
By Klancnik777
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
since i design levels when i have nothing to do, i taught i should share with you what did i made in a week. a singleplayer map for
Call of duty 2. I got the idea when i was making similar version for call of duty 1.
here are some screenshots:

Image thumbnail Image thumbnailImage thumbnailImage thumbnail Image thumbnail Image thumbnail
Image thumbnail

becuse the map is not fully finished i dont want to post the video so that you can see what would it look like. but soon when i will get them bugs fixed the video will be available
Right now there are 300 lines of code to make this level functional and of course i plan to extend it.

now for some map history:
truckbase.map was originaly created for call of duty 1 but becuse of my hard drive failure it was never finished. So i recreated it in Call of duty 2. but some objectives and features were cut during the process. for example when the player would take the documents an alarm would trigger and the nearby squad would attack you. therefore the russian soldiers would jump over the wall and save you. Also it would be more sneaky type of a mission untill the player would grab the documents, triggering an alarm by nearby soldier who would see you.

anyway the video will be available once i get the bugs fixed and optimise, maybe expand the map itself

you can give me any feedback you want
:mrgreen:
Last edited by Klancnik777 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
By 0takumetalhead
Liking it alot, although I can't help but think that the desk feels out of place :/
By Klancnik777
0takumetalhead wrote:Liking it alot, although I can't help but think that the desk feels out of place :/

i know but the level is not finished and i will fix it when i can
By Fab2cent
You should get a game called Red Orchestra 2, the level designing tools for the game are awesome, and seeing the pictures above, you could make great maps for the game
By Klancnik777
i know this game. but sadly im not experienced with Unreal Engine's method for creating the levels. dont worry i will give it a shot when i get a new computer for my birthday ;)

also fixed alot of bugs over night so the video will be available when i get some sleep
By Klancnik777
thanks guys i appreciate it. soon i will make a level more longer and bigger. im planning to make a underground bunker and i need some ideas :) if you can. gimme some ideas since im out of them
By 0takumetalhead
Well, you could try to recreate WW2 events, or based on it just like Killzone did.
By Klancnik777
well i could but im to lazy for it. maybe i will in future

anyway created a bunker and about 25% of it's interior layout

Image thumbnail Image thumbnail Image thumbnail Image thumbnailImage thumbnail Image thumbnail
By Fireboyd78
This needs to be in CryEngine 3. Same amount of control over scripting, beautiful graphics, and you could probably get an honorable mention. Not even kidding. Absolutely fantastic work here, Janujeq!
By Klancnik777
didnt have time to work on the level i've been creating. but still made something.

Image thumbnailImage thumbnailImage thumbnail
Image thumbnailImage thumbnailImage thumbnail
Image thumbnailImage thumbnail

i know. the streets look kind of "Clean" .but im about to fix that, and i need to set up the "portals"
By Fireboyd78
You don't need an insanely good rig to run it. That's the beauty of it.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]