All your D4 downloads here.

Moderator: cleone

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN EXTREMELY OLD ALPHA AND THE DOWNLOAD LINK MAY NOT EVEN WORK

Download link: http://www.4shared.com/zip/iTcK5sNE/DrI ... rst_R.html
Enjoy the game! Before reporting a bug PLEASE check the bug list included in the ZIP for your bug. If it is not on the list post it immediately. This is the first release with the new engine and is still kind of buggy.

Current Release Info:
Standard Edition
Chapter 1
Release of Engine V1

For those who try the Brother Games website, the website is NOT READY YET. The link will bring you to my old site.

Additional Bugs Not Listed in Bug List:
No Idle Sounds
No Driving Games
Awkward Collisions
Traffic vehicles do not stop when hitting sedan police vehicles
Bizarre traffic collisions
No Alt-Tab or support of minimizing the game (always on top)
The screen resolution detector may not work for your screen, beware
frame rate goes berzerk
city modding does not work
menu modding does not work

System Requirements:
Windows XP, Vista, 7 ONLY
DirectX 9
1-1.5GB of RAM needed (2GB or above recommended)
800x600 screen resolution or higher
Decent graphics card
Sound card
Internet connection

Please close all windows that are open (even internet and music players. please use in-game CD player by pressing ENTER at the Main Menu) as this will cause the frame rate to go INSANE (2x normal speed.... very bizarre glitch).

In-Game tips coming soon (if needed). A modding tutorial will be composed soon.

USE P TO PAUSE THE GAME!!

Enjoy the first release! Remember, give feedback please! (I won't have your browser pop up like in the demo, i expect it out of the kindness of your hearts XD)

Sincerely,
Broski270 aka Cleone aka Chrisl121212
Last edited by cleone on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Looks good! First off something: why having german sirens in Russia? Better change them to something more accurate:
Also, change the skid sound please, current one sounds like.. well I don't even know what is it! Sounds like something else but skidmark. Other than that, it's awesome. You'd better edit some of the movies tho (like the ending, it has CamStudio window at begining :D).
Last edited by RacingFreak on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
imhotep405 wrote:Impressive work , i have to say :)

Cops are pretty fast in the TAR mode :mrgreen:

Good job :specialdriver:
Thanks! A tip for TAR: Sedan cops are fastest and hatchback cops are slower.
RacingFreak wrote:Looks good! First off something: why having german sirens in Russia? Better change them to something more accurate:
Also, change the skid sound please, current one sounds like.. well I don't even know what is it! Sounds like something else but skidmark. Other than that, it's awesome. You'd better edit some of the movies tho (like the ending, it has CamStudio window at begining :D).
Unless you can provide another skid sound, this one has to stay. I couldn't find any decent skid sounds. As for the sirens, they were suggested by Wheelman75 since I couldn't find any Russian sirens. The movies I indeed do need to fix. I'm sorry about the unprofessional and obnoxious pop-ups that occur.
imhotep405 wrote:@ RacingFreak
I said the same thing by pm about the "ending" video :D
I still gotta read that PM :P I just signed on
imhotep405 wrote:
cleone wrote:
Unless you can provide another skid sound, this one has to stay. I couldn't find any decent skid sounds
Why not use the skid sounds from DRIVER or DRIV3R :?:
I have no idea how the hell to export those. :?
imhotep405 wrote:If you have DRIVER, the wav file is located at DRIVER\Audio\sounds\LOOPSKID.WAV

For DRIV3R, i have them in wav files also
Thanks! I'll let you know if I need the Driv3r ones.
max.thunder wrote:I'll download it tomorrow and give it a try. Review coming soon.
Can't wait to see your review! Have fun playing the game!
max.thunder wrote:Can't play :( . When I click the game.exe file it appears a message.
Unexpected error ocurred when running the game
What are your system specs? And could you please provide a screenshot of the message?
max.thunder wrote:
My PC specs (i know it's old)

Pentium 4. 3.20GHz
1GB RAM
ATI RADEON X600 (512 MB)
I'm working on a small patch that I'll put out sometime this week. I'll fix this in there. I think I MIGHT have found out what the problem was. Thanks for letting me know! By the way, do you by any chance have Windows Media Player installed?

Nice wallpaper! :)
It's a .ZIP file, you need to open it with WinZip or any other program that can open .ZIP files, then you have to extract the game files somewhere on your computer. Then you just run the EXE.
:shock: well, looks like i'll have to make a self-extracting archive next time...
PostalDude wrote:>bumps dead topic with sh*tty youtuber reference
It's funny because you did the same thing, not just me. f***ing retard. XD
Define how it's my fault the date is hard to find? Gotta be so f***ing uptight. Grow into a f***ing man already instead of being a f***ing b*t*h. It's pretty easy. >:)
PostalDude wrote:
Wheels wrote:Define how it's my fault the date is hard to find? Gotta be so f***ing uptight. Grow into a f***ing man already instead of being a f***ing b*t*h. It's pretty easy. >:)
do you realize how edgy you sound right now lmao
No, and I tend to get ahead of myself. f**k you very much. :)
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]