Talk about TV shows, movies, or anything else you can project onto a screen here!
By cleone
What is your favorite TV show? Show links to a website about your TV show because some TV shows only broadcast in certain countries.

Mine is Burn Notice.
http://www.usanetwork.com/series/burnnotice/
http://www.hulu.com/burn-notice
By Driver of DOOM
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Hmm, certain stuff is belta and others i have never heard of, ps Futurama & da A-Team FTW!
bb_42001 wrote: Doctor Who
Rock on

I like South Park, Family Guy and Robot Chicken (+Afro Samurai and Aqua Team Hungerforce bundled into a show called Adult Swim) aswell as a lot of english drama's; a prime example of which is http://www.bbc.co.uk/ashestoashes/ a grity police drama about the 80's with an interesting modern twist!
By emmetmcl
Yeah, Ashes to Ashes is brilliant, Life on Mars was really good too.
Liked the ending to Ashes to Ashes series two.

Also like Dream Team, a TV show about a Premiership football team called Harchester United, it used to be on Sky1 in the UK but it got axed in 2007, after 10 seasons.

Mile High, a TV series about a budget airline. It follows the people that work for the airline, Fresh!
I wouldn't tell my friends I watch it though, I'd probably seem a bit gay. Wouldn't really be one for children though, because, well basically, it's full sex and bad language, so it's great! :)
Used to be on Sky1, but was axed after 2 seasons, becuase people lost interest after Sky aired two seasons over 2 years, taking a 6 month break between the first 2 episodes of series 2... idiots. They're good at cancelling shows though. :) http://www.mile-high.co.uk

Then, CSI, I probably dont need to tell you what it's about.
Only Fools and Horses, a British comedy, Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, a British comedy about 5 twenty-somethings living in Liverpool, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of Queens.
And Killinaskully, an Irish comedy series about a small villiage in rural Ireland, really funny, I don't think many people outside Ireland would get it though, the accents and language they use. It was cancelled last year, after 5 series.

God, a lot of my favourite TV shows get cancelled.

Sorry if I went on a bit.
By Nikusakken
Does TV shows included TV series and animes and cartoons? If that's the case, than, I like:

CSI
Prison Break
Lost
Naruto
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Dragon Ball
Zatch Bell!
The Simpsons
Star Wars: The Clone Wars

That's all, I guess...
By cleone
Nikusakken wrote:Does TV shows included TV series and animes and cartoons? If that's the case, than, I like:

CSI
Prison Break
Lost
Naruto
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Dragon Ball

Zatch Bell!
The Simpsons

That's all, I guess...
Those bolded shows are really childish IMO. The Simpsons is awesome! Never heard of the "Zatch" one.
By cleone
Nikusakken wrote:Animes aren't childish! They're culture! Much better than thoose repetitive American cartoons! :D
Star Wars is VERY childish though. Anyways, I only really like realistic TV shows.
By Harlequin
emmetmcl wrote:Only Fools and Horses, a British comedy, Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, a British comedy about 5 twenty-somethings living in Liverpool, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of Queens.
Two pints of lager ftw!!! I've seen Mile High a few times too, but it didn't really interest me... Sorry...
Chris121212 wrote:
Nikusakken wrote: Does TV shows included TV series and animes and cartoons? If that's the case, than, I like:

CSI
Prison Break
Lost
Naruto
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Dragon Ball

Zatch Bell!
The Simpsons

That's all, I guess...
Those bolded shows are really childish IMO. The Simpsons is awesome! Never heard of the "Zatch" one.
Naruto isn't a kids show, Chris. Unedited, it sits with an M rating, and has stretched that to its limit. Neiter is Dragonball. The stupid Americans forced the original script into "child friendly" talk, so the real insults become stupid things like idiot...
It's one of my favourite shows too Nick. My dp probably shows that, though, right?! Sasuke ftw!!!

I watch a lot of Anime too... It tends to amuse me, particularly violent stuff, Dragonball Z, Naruto, Full Metal Panic... You know, bloody stuff! Initial D too, which most of you guys would probably like. It's like The Fast and The Furious, but infinitely more awesome.
By Nikusakken
Yeah, Naruto isn't childish. There were many episodes here that were censored, and I was forced to borrow the DVD from a friend of mine to watch it uncensored. And yeah, Sasuke rules!
By babymathew
Registration Days
Mine are:

1) Hogan's Heroes
2) The Clone Wars
3) Green Acres
4) The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
5) Flash Forward
By T.K.
bb_42001 wrote:Hogan's Heroes FTW
Quoted because it speaks the damn truth.
By bb_42001
IT, IT, you are the it b*t*h, when you were young, you had both female and male parts, your parents had a choice, they choose to make you a man, but you will always be a it inside.

bb42001

Noodles

By Miller
LOL

Hogan's Heroes. Funny show. As mentioned before, I liked watching that a lot when I was younger.

Not an easy question to answer. The Beverly Hillbillies (1962) is probably my favorite television program. Maybe King of the Hill (1997).

Some other shows I could easily list among my all-time favorites would be:
Jonny Quest (1964 - Me no like later versions.) Jonny Quest at IMDb.com, Jonny Quest at Wikipedia.com
Robotech (1982 Japan, 1985 USA) Robotech.com, Episode Guide at Robotech.com, Robotech at Wikipedia.com
Ghost in the Shell (2002 Japan, 2004 USA) official website from Bandai Click the S.A.C. 2nd GIG subsite entrance to launch the soundtrack, beginning with the intro theme (one of my favorite songs).
Cowboy Bebop (1998) official website, Cowboy Bebop at IMDb.com, at Wikipedia.com
InuYasha (2000 Japan, 2002 USA) InuYasha at IMDb.com, InuYasha at Wikipedia.com (See end of article for hyperlinks to official websites.)
Mushi-Shi (2005) Beats me why this is not my favorite TV show. Watch it or remain forever benighted. Based on the ten-volume manga. Mushi-Shi at FUNimation.com (free viewing with commercials)
Star Wars Clone Wars (2008 version) CloneWars at StarWars.com (free episodes - no commercials)
The Herculoids (1967) The Herculoids at IMDb.com, The Herculoids at Wikipedia.com
Futurama (1999) Futurama at IMDb.com
Keeping Up Appearances (1990) Keeping Up Appearances at IMDb.com, at uk-comedy.com
Rawhide (1959) 217 episodes of Clint Eastwood as a cattle drover in the American Old West Rawhide at IMDb.com
Combat (1962) 152 episodes of Vic Morrow and Rick Jason in a WWII action/drama Combat at IMDb.com
Perry Mason (1957) 271 episodes of Raymond Burr as the attorney created by Erle Stanley Gardener (lawyer and author) Perry Mason at IMDb.com
Nash Bridges (1996) 122 episodes of Don Johnson and "Cheech" Marin as San Francisco police inspectors. Series features a 1971 Plymouth Barracuda convertible and a 1972 Ford Ranchero. Wikipedia.com article
Nature (1982) Wildlife documentary series still in production. official website (free viewing)
NOVA (1974) Science documentary series still in production. beta website (free viewing), archived NOVA programs (free viewing)
Frontline (1983) Public affairs documentary series still in production. official website (free viewing)
Charlie Rose (1991) Syndicated interview show still in production, featuring the biggest names from around the world in a wide range of categories. CharlieRose.com (free viewing)
The News Hour with Jim Lehrer (1975 - present) NewsHour website Probably the least corporate-corrupted national news program on American TV, though perhaps not as honest as this one. (Clip includes some profanity, maybe four or five words.)

In May, season two of Star Wars Clone Wars concluded, having begun last September. I only have about five TV channels, even fewer channels than I had when the Olympics were on TV, so I watched the Clone Wars at StarWars.com. Actually it is probably more like eight channels, but two are pretty much just duplicates of the same networks being piped in from the state next to the state I live in, and I have absolutely no use for the other, some kind of Home Shopping Network thing.

I found out about some TV show called House MD here at DriverMadness.net. I watched a few episodes and liked it. Then I waited for reruns to start at the very beginning of the story and started following the show when that happened. I kept setting the recorder according to the television program listings, but the listings kept getting it wrong. I went to the program listings at website of the television station airing the program, hoping to avoid that problem, but they kept listing the wrong time, so I said, “Aw, forget it.” Too bad. Pretty cool show, I guess.

The other thing I watched this year were Korean dramas at some place called Crunchyroll.com. They also have shows from other Asian countries there, with animated shows as well as those with live actors. Some of the acting was a little overdone at times, but I guess intentionally so for comedic effect.

Coincidentally, the two Korean shows I liked best so far were about hospitals. And in each one, the story revolved around a brilliant surgeon, whose contentious personality was a source of consternation for others, but whose talent and skills were nevertheless indispensable, kind of like Dr House (and Dr Doom – lol).

In one of those shows, Behind the White Tower, the super-surgeon guy tried to use the corrupted system for the sake of his own prestige. In the other, New Heart, the guy started off self-important and self-serving, but did not like himself for it. It was interesting that part of the difficulty he would encounter in trying to change for the better would come from the fact that others seemed to be reluctant to surrender their notions of what a pompous person they thought he was. He persevered and grappled with the system for the sake of patients, but saw that he could do the most for patients and cardiothoracic surgery (his specialty) in general by seeking power and fixing things from within. So he, too, ruthlessly sought to advance his position.

Each dude butted heads with others while struggling with his own personal growth issues. I guess it is not easy for a genius to be humble or tolerate the less gifted, as we have all probably witnessed many times in our own lives. Maybe, to some extent, we even know what it is like to be that stubborn one who thinks he or she is always right.

In Behind the White Tower, the guy failed to reform, and karma killed him in the end with cancer. That was sad. In the other show, New Heart, everything turned out pretty well, all things considered, and it made me feel good to watch that happen, even if it was only a TV show. By the end of New Heart, the surgeon I started off feeling a little contempt for had become my hero. It was cool.

In New Heart there were really three protagonists. Besides the chief cardothoracic surgeon guy, the story followed closely a relationship that developed between two of the resident cardiothoracic doctors, one of whom (the dude actually) just loved the Home Shopping Network and could not seem to get enough of buying stuff he saw on television.

To tell you guys the truth, my favorite thing I have seen on television so far this year was a Friskies cat food commercial called Adventureland. Check it out. It is awesome.

At their user channel page, you can watch a video about how they made the commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PurinaFriskies

[EDIT] Added hyperlinks and info to program titles, as originally requested by the topic starter.
Last edited by Miller on Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By Fireboyd78
+1 for being mentioned by Miller xD

I used to like watching this one show on Investigation Discovery, but I don't have cable anymore...so I don't watch TV. Sucks, eh?
By Harlequin
@Miller
That is gold! Oh, God, I'm still 'aww'ing over it... But that is one pissed kitty.
To be fair, my cat just watched it, and started spazzing out, so I can't imagine filming it. Lol
Unfortunately, it won't make me buy her Friskies... She's a b*t*h, and won't eat it. lmao

Also, I too love Crunchyroll. It's fantabulous. Lol
By emmetmcl
New series of CSI on in Ireland, yay! On series 10 now. I think we're like a year or two behind the States, and BIG BROTHER is back. YESSSS.

Final series sadly, no more BB. :(
By emmetmcl
Oh yeah, you live in Australia.

Big Brother UK and Ireland is in it's final year now. It has had 11 series including this one as well as 7 ''celebrity'' series.

There's actually an Australian guy in this one.
His name is John James Parton, you know him? LOL :D

The one over here used to be really popular getting like 7 million viewers every night, now it only gets about 2.5 million.
By Harlequin
emmetmcl wrote:Oh yeah, you live in Australia.

Big Brother UK and Ireland is in it's final year now. It has had 11 series including this one as well as 7 ''celebrity'' series.

There's actually an Australian guy in this one.
His name is John James Parton, you know him? LOL :D

The one over here used to be really popular getting like 7 million viewers every night, now it only gets about 2.5 million.
22 million people, and we're supposed to know him?
Now, if you said he's from Adelaide, chances are high that one of us, or someone we know, knows him... Damn it.
I hated big brother. I thought it was stupid. But australia's next top model started last night... None of the girls are as pretty as last season (In my opinion, of course) but they'd still own the American girls (no offense, but if a girl with acne worse than mine gets through, something's wrong).
By max.thunder
In my opinion Big Brother sucks, i never will go to that show(even if they offer me 1 MILLION) because i hate to be viewed by millions of people and see cameras everywhere broadcasting what are you doing at the moment.
It's annoying, it's worse than paparazzis.
By bb_42001
Completely unrelated here Harls, but at the store refit today, there was a girl that looked exactly like you, even acted the same as you, i actually asked her if she had an identical twin separated at birth, i mean seriously the same.

bb42001

Noodles

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]