Talk about computers and stuff here!
This is an edit of a previous post about me finally building a moderately strong computer. NOTICE: If you don't care about this, then that's your problem, and please. I don't need to see it. I've lived with high end specs of 1999 most of my life so this is a huge upgrade for me.The original post is after this.[/color] So, as our technology is getting more advanced and previous models of products are getting cheaper due to the constant releases of updated ones. I've been looking on a lot of websites for parts and today found cheaper and better parts! Now, I will have THESE specs INSTEAD! Same ASUS motherboard that holds 16GB ram running at the fastest speed in house hold existence, with it's impressive 1.75GB video memory intergraded in this already amazing board. Instead of the Dual Core Core i3, I now will have my hands on a Quad Core Core i5, running at 3.00ghz, with 6 MB"smart" cache. That's a $209 processor, now that I found cheaper parts in other areas, I thought it was smart to upgrade the processor idea! 350 watt power supply is NOW a 500 watt! And I still keep the same RAM and case I wanted, their cheap, and the case looks nice! Now for the hard drive, it's now a 250GB! So yeah, looking sexy! This is coming out much better then I thought, for example: Let's play Next Car Game at maximum visuals shall we? :D ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////OLD POST:"Carluver's projects are coming out incredible, and DRIV3R is becoming officially modifiable! Not only that, but the future is bright over here too! Long story short, during a hike with my family my mother asked what I wanted for my birthday, (in April) I didn't know. So my parents decided to give me $200 for my birthday! WOW! This immediately brought excitement into my eyes! So what can I do with $200? Well, that's not ALL of the money I will have :twisted: . Well where will I get enough money to build a REAL strong computer? My 2004 Dell Optiplex of course! In about a month it will be completed, with these specs: Intel Pentinum 4 running at 2.80ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB hard drive, Windows Vista 32 bit, and a 1GB video card running at 600mhz! Also a 450W power supply. This dell alone with it's original specs is worth $100, but with all of these upgrades will be worth about $250-$300! This with birthday money adds up to $500! Origionally I set up a build for $417, but now with the Dell having a bigger hard drive and so, I now have $500! What will the specifications of this new machine your building be? Well, I haven't looked at NEW computer parts since 2012, due to me having no money for that kind of material. Anyway as of now here's the rather IMPRESSIVE specs!: Asus motherboard that supports up to 16GB RAM, intergraded 1.75GB video chip, and supports all of the new Intel processors! (The motherboard is a 64bit by the way (OH SO SEXY). Also supports aftermarket video cards! Processor: Intel Core i3 (Orgasm!) Dual core, (I LOVE YOU) running at 3.40ghz! (I think I need a new pair of pants). 8GB RAM (forgot the brand) running at 1600mhz!. 450 watt power supply! TEMPORARY 160 or 250GB hard drive running at 7200RPM by Western Digital! and some small case for like $49.99. That's all I've planned, and SOME parts are temporary, such as the hard drive and more RAM will be added later! Operation system you ask? Well since I will have about $99 remaining, I can afford Windows Vista or 7 64 bit! Later I will add a DVD drive for like $40. NOTICE! DRIV3R animations ARE still being worked on! You SHOLD know why there has been no updates for a while! ACTUAL COMPUTER PARTS:
Post edited by Skylabh.
Reason: pictures no longer available.

By my accurate estimations, this tower will NOT be complete until LATE May or June. Dependent on when the Dell gets sold after I finish building it in early May."
Last edited by VAIMAHDO on Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
That's nice but...

You could post this in one of the many other computer threads you've created. Just sayin'. :wink:
Yes but I thought it would be too much and people wouldn't read it (this happened with DRIV3R Animations reincarnated) because they suspect nothing was changed. But yay for now instead of me watching people play lets say GTA IV for example on youtube all day, I can soon play it myself! :D
By pete
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Not trying to hurt your feelings mate, but could you maybe just... contain your excitement a little? I think many people here don't really care about your super-computer (for now at least).
I know this already. I have no one to tell in real life as it is, and everyone already has these kind of "high specifications". I've lived with 500MHZ single core Pentinum III, 256MB RAM, and a 32MB video card most of my life, so this is a huge upgrade for me. As far as no one caring, that's their problem.
Last edited by VAIMAHDO on Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Can you help me get a better rig?

My current rig now:
CPU: Intel Core i7 @ 2.80ghz (sh*t I know haha)
Memory: 8GB of 1333mhz ram (even my usb thumbdrive has more lol)
Graphic card: Nvidia GT330 2gb (2gb sucks, it has a busspeed of 192bit, not fast)
PSU: 450WATT, I mean like WHAAAAAAA

My budget: 400 dollars
Ummmm... Are you being sarcastic or do you not know how computers work? The Intel Core i7 is the strongest processor in the world as of now, and the Intel Core i5 is weaker then that, 2.80Ghz is more then enough of speed. Okay, memory is does NOT work ANYTHING like SPACE. Therefore, you CANNOT compare tumb drives to RAM. You have so much RAM that you can run like 10000 applications at once. Your RAM is also sooo freaking fast. For example, Driver SF only requires 2GB RAM. Your video card is pretty much the highest end we have right now, 2GB does not suck. You could play DRIVER SF at maximum visuals I think. As I've said before, you can't compare one computer part to another just because it's read in a similar way. 2GB of video memory is the ultimate, and it's bus speed is fast. Your power supply is perfect, all it does is send electrical currents to parts of the computer while the fan spins to keep your processor cool. If you ever complain about that computer then I think I'm going to puke. With: Intel Pentinum 4 single core at 1.40Ghz, 256MB RAM, and 256MB video memory, you can play Driver PL at high settings, and DRIV3R at maximum, both running at 70FPS+ I know DRIV3R requires a 2.00GHZ processor, but after experimenting with my 14 year old tower, I got it running PL and DRIV3R because I threw in a 512MB video card running at 600mhz! :wink:
Last edited by VAIMAHDO on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Klancnik777 wrote:hahahah xD

also:
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote: memory is does NOT work ANYTHING like SPACE
actualy it does. only temporarly until you close a program that is...
Right but, I was simplifying it. Because in all reality, memory can't be used as a hard drive.
PostalDude wrote:
Klancnik777 wrote:i have a computer with 500niggawatts
AHAHAHHA just seen your post. Beautiful! :mrgreen:

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]

https://youtu.be/j10ltSvvSFU

Supercharged V8 (Driv3r)

https://youtu.be/PNpHXUwiFKs

A tutorial video on how to make custom missions fo[…]